More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 12:46:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 469564 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #775 on: 2008 December 06, 06:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only reason to have that hack in is if you DO want your dormies to pee themselves, pass out, and drop dead. There's no need to look for a fix for something that's only happening because of a hack you've installed. Want it to stop? Take the hack out.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: 2008 December 06, 06:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just keep in mind that if you *don't* have the hack, you either can't purchase certain objects, like musical instruments, or must protect them in some way. Otherwise, the immortal dormies will play guitar/piano FOREVER.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 2008 December 06, 21:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to keep the hack in (because immortality is lame) but have some slightly (SLIGHTLY) more intelligent behavior, make sure that you have:

- a properly set-up bathroom with Bathroom Uses You (put one roll of toilet paper per toilet stall + communal shower combo in the room. do not separate the showers from the toilets in their own room. If you're going to use standard toilets and showers, put only one pair per bathroom.)
- a cooktop with cafeteria worker, and enough counter-island units so there's enough food to go around. I don't know if dormies are capable of autonomously cooking their own food, but I've never had one starve with a working cafeteria lady.
- enough beds to go around. This one stumped me for a while, because I always had beds in the dorm rooms. Turns out that dormies are not capable of "seeing" what's in their room, so if the only beds visible are those in your playables' rooms, they will constantly steal those beds until you lock the door, then start passing out on the floor and in their mac n cheese. If you're designing your own dorm, you can make the dormies' rooms little 1x3 rectangles with nothing in them, and put a sleeping room elsewhere.

I only had one dead dormie, and that was because they were passing out all over the place from lack of beds and one of them managed to sleep on the floor til he starved.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #778 on: 2008 December 12, 13:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there only one patch for AL? Reinstalling AGAIN - thanks EA.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: 2008 December 12, 16:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there only one patch for AL? Reinstalling AGAIN - thanks EA.

There have been two patches for AL.  Make sure you download the most recent one.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #780 on: 2008 December 14, 04:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there only one patch for AL?

EA official site always lists only the latest patch. If you freshly redownload the patch from EA official site, you'll always get the latest version.

funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2008 December 14, 05:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no real POINT in inviting anyone to stay over because if you were planning to woohoo, they would stay over ANYWAY (and not whine), and if you didn't, then what's the point of inviting someone over just so they can SLEEP? Total waste of time and effort.

Amen to that. Hell, even Woohooing doesn't guarantee a sleep-over in my book. If we're not dating, after woohooing, you get your ass dressed and get the hell out. I don't care if I picked you up in a bar and you have to walk 10 miles in the snow uphill and downhill barefoot to home. If we ARE dating, there's a 50% chance of a sleep-over after woohooing, but only if I want MOAR WOOHOO in the morning. And you can cook me breakfast that is delicious and without burning down my house, it will up the odds of a sleep-over.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: