More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 10:29:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467175 times)
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #50 on: 2008 August 27, 15:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgot: I can't seem to find an option to vibrate the More Romantic Awesome Than You bed. Very cruel joke, as EAxis should know that nothing associated with MATY would be borked.

Relax on the bed first, then click on bed again. You have "Read" "Day Dream" and "Vibrate"
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 August 27, 15:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it is just this 1 teen, Tara DeBateau, that can't work out by using
the expensive radio that came with GLS. Or it is a problem with every teen.
As soon as I click on work out the que drops and I can't select work out again.
Only when she does something, but it still drops out of que.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 August 27, 15:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgot: I can't seem to find an option to vibrate the More Romantic Awesome Than You bed. Very cruel joke, as EAxis should know that nothing associated with MATY would be borked.

Relax on the bed first, then click on bed again. You have "Read" "Day Dream" and "Vibrate"

I tried this, and Vibrate was not an option. I did not test both sims on the bed, however.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
pieisnice
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 August 27, 16:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it is just this 1 teen, Tara DeBateau, that can't work out by using
the expensive radio that came with GLS. Or it is a problem with every teen.
As soon as I click on work out the que drops and I can't select work out again.
Only when she does something, but it still drops out of que.

I had that problem with just the base game.  Some teens just refuse to work out on the stereo, it seems.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 August 27, 16:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some sims have ADD. I know that FT sims had a hard time studying parenting if their fun was full. If the fun motive is maxed out and you're getting sims that won't study, work out, or whatever. Try dragging their fun down or make them concentrate.

Also, for future reference. DO NOT POST about errors in your game if you have inteenimator or insimenator installed. You should've removed those hacks before installing your game. People can't get around to fixing REAL errors if you clutter up the thread with issues that should be taken to the right forum.

This happens here every EP.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 August 27, 16:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried this, and Vibrate was not an option. I did not test both sims on the bed, however.
I tried this with two sims relaxing on the bed, on both sims. No "Vibrate" option, either on self-click or other-click. I'll try some more tonight.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2008 August 27, 17:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

either on self-click or other-click.

You're meant to click on the bed aren't you, not either of the sims?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 August 27, 17:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Car Alarm installation - boned doberman edition

Selecting the "install alarm" on a car causes your sim to drive off, then suddenly re-appear in the middle of the lot with the car in the driveway.  The alarm is not installed, but the funds are deducted.
This happened with 3 cars I tested (2 maxis download cars, 1 nightlife "standard") on a home lot.  Maybe it only works in apartments now, will test further.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 August 27, 17:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

either on self-click or other-click.

You're meant to click on the bed aren't you, not either of the sims?
I tried that as well. I was clicking every which way.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Catju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 August 27, 17:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, still have the same bugs. The Sims 3 still doesn't work (it has a flashing blue screen). The SSX-game works fine, though.

And my sims still keep WooHooing in the closet the same way. This time the husband did get out of the toilet with WooHoo on his queue, after his wife had already got pregnant.

Oh, and Humble's computer is also invisible.
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 August 27, 17:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've played for about 3 hours now and knock wood, remarkedly little borkedness.

I was all prepared to come here and back-up Zaza's "no vibrate" problem, but I think I've got it figured out. If a single sim is relaxing on the bed, the vibrate option is available on the bed or the sim. Add a second sim relaxing and no more vibrate option anywhere... borked, I thought. Then I checked the nevah, evah wrong Prima Guide and it indicated that two sims have to be cuddling to get the vibrate option back. Haven't gone back in the game yet to make sure, but that seems reasonable. Also, per the Prima Guide, any nested actions with that cuddle will maintain vibration... e.g. cuddle>vibrate>makeout>woohoo... the vibrating won't stop until the sims break out of the cuddle interaction.

I have no problems placing a helicopter on a roof. Are you using the helipad in driveways to place the helicopter, Aner-Dyfan? It went on the roof fine for me with no cheats, helicopter was useable, no problems. The only place I couldn't place the helipad (and, ergo, the helicopter) was inside, and really, why would you put a helicopter inside unless you had a nifty opening roof?

No problems with color options for the FT nursery stuff here.

The new wall height thing also works on cc paintings (well, at least the one I tested), so YAY! I was scared that I was going to have to update all my paintings to use the new function.

I did get the neighbors running into my playable's apartment when my sim was giving birth... that'll get annoying. IRL, the neighbors WOULD NOT be invited to my (hypothetical, never to happen) home birth unless them came bearing enough Fentanyl and Morphine to knock out a rhino.

I'm also getting the ADD on the new bookcase skills, but I think it might be related to maxed out fun. The sims are also getting off the piano when their fun is maxed, which is a PITA. This Eaxian obsession with kicking sims off skill-building fun objects once their fun is maxed out... DO NOT LIKE.

ETA: Well, that was too good to last. Apparently, apartments cannot be on beaches. It fucks the lot so everything around it (including the ocean) is floating up in the air. Great job on that, Eaxis. 'Cuz weren't beach lots the hot new thing just a few EP's ago?
« Last Edit: 2008 August 27, 18:46:27 by KLGFCG » Logged
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 August 27, 19:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Belladonna isn't flat like I initially thought. One more useless hood to be added to the list.
Catju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 August 27, 19:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Took me long enough, but I finally figured out that I should test if other FT items work. They didn't. So at some point installing AL borked my FT install. So.. Never mind that bug, I'll re-install both. Roll Eyes
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 August 27, 19:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Well, that was too good to last. Apparently, apartments cannot be on beaches. It fucks the lot so everything around it (including the ocean) is floating up in the air. Great job on that, Eaxis. 'Cuz weren't beach lots the hot new thing just a few EP's ago?

Worst thing about this one?  EAxis knew about it and couldn't be bothered to fix it -- check out the readme.  I don't know about you, but I'm always happy to receive a big middle finger from a multi-bajillion dollar conglomerate.

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2008 August 27, 19:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So is this EP the worst load of borklocks to be released yet?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 August 27, 19:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least primp is still there, which kinda surprises me actually. I guess all their attention went into not forgetting that one.

Now, it seems I can't move inhabited apartments from place to place. Can still move other lots and uninhabited apartments. Anyone else can confirm this?
« Last Edit: 2008 August 27, 20:28:05 by blackcat » Logged
Twiki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 August 27, 19:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the Nightlife hood-deco buildings missing from the catalog now, or did I screw something up? I could have sworn they were on the last tab where the new AL deco buildings are, but they're not showing up for me. As near as I can tell, all other objects from NL *are* showing up though.

msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 August 27, 20:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least primp is still there, which kinda surprises me actually. I guess all their attention went into not forgetting that one.

Now, it seems I can't move inhabited apartment from place to place. Can still move other lots and inanhabited one. Anyone else can confirm this?

I'm getting that one as well.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 August 27, 20:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So is this EP the worst load of borklocks to be released yet?
I dunno. The BV spawning fiasco was pretty freaking bad. It would take a lot to trump that.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
banshee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 August 27, 20:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cellphone is useless for incoming calls.  When they try to answer the damn things just disappear from the inventory.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 August 27, 20:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I put in the DC, I've gotten TONS of errors. Most of them result in the sim reseting and therefore the queue being crashed. Also, on community lots, the sims that aren't playable just stand there doing nothing
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2008 August 27, 20:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cellphone is useless for incoming calls.  When they try to answer the damn things just disappear from the inventory.

This is already the case in my game, and I have not installed AL yet.  The only real problems it causes is that if I exit while the sim is on the cellphone and there are no other phones in the house, other sims can't call them.  This is easily solved by just canceling the talking-on-phone interaction before exiting.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 August 27, 21:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I put in the DC, I've gotten TONS of errors. Most of them result in the sim reseting and therefore the queue being crashed. Also, on community lots, the sims that aren't playable just stand there doing nothing

Dude, there isn't a DC for AL yet.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 August 27, 21:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is an AL hack directory already though.

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 August 27, 21:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, there isn't a DC for AL yet.

There isn't?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/samples/ffs/al/moreawesomethanyou-al.zip is not the DC?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: