More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:37:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467879 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #200 on: 2008 August 29, 23:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, promised pictures of transparent flashing neighbors:

Very similar to the dormie issue with Uni as they became solid after entering and exiting their apartment. More annoying because the flashing about gave me a migraine.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2008 August 30, 01:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a vanilla game folder and ordered the butler and after he showed up my sim went to work. I got the notice that the children shouldn't be left home alone. Then the social worker took them. According to the Prima guide the Butler will dismiss the nanny and is supposed to offer child care!
Bug fixed in latest SShack, Butler now counts as nanny.

ETA: This makes me wonder if the Neighbor child care will work as well. Has anyone had any problems with that?
Neighbor child care works by default.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 30, 07:50:45 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2008 August 30, 02:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok just wanted to mention that my Evil Witch is making the floorlamp now that I returned to the game. I don't know if the butler is supposed to clean up the dead firefly jar or not. He just looks at it makes a stingky gesture and moves to something else. Undecided

I agree with the previous posters that we need a hack that makes it so witches don't lose their allignment when they use neutral spells. Also not a bug but a mild annoyance, Witches can't use spells on burglars! Angry So Eaxis is telling me that I can attack innocent passerby but I cannot defend myself from being robbed? Roll Eyes What I hate the most is the message you get when you try to use magic on the burgler. "[Enter burgler name here] is too busy for that at the moment. Try another time"

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Katuchan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2008 August 30, 02:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've got a bug now. My sims. Won't. Stop. Hugging. Each. Other. I'm playing a greek house, and since everyone INSISTS on hugging EVERYONE ELSE regardless of relationship scores, my parties all suck and my sims all hate each other. I do have some hacks, mostly Awesome, and the rest tested out okay with hackdiff.

Is anyone else having this problem?
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: 2008 August 30, 02:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having that on one of the apartment lots, katu. I think it might be the new 'gesture' options (not really new, but there's a new greeting action in a gestures menu).
Katuchan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2008 August 30, 02:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having that on one of the apartment lots, katu. I think it might be the new 'gesture' options (not really new, but there's a new greeting action in a gestures menu).

Well that's retarded.

"Oh I know, let's make them all try to initiate an action (with anyone) that normally requires them to be good friends to accept! It'll be marvelous!"

Ugh. If it makes a difference, the queue does say "Give/Receive Friendly Hug." And they do it constantly. And it queue stomps like nobody's business.

ETA: Does the same thing with no hacks in.
pieisnice
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2008 August 30, 02:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I move pictures/shelves further up the wall than their original position, they look perfectly fine.  But when they are moved even one increment under the original position, they turn all outdoor-night-looking, or completely black.  Is it just me?
ldyvamp
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2008 August 30, 03:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Quote (Only the totally good witches have the sparkles. If she changed alignment (a little is enough), she could lose her sparkles.) I read your earlier post, Tsarina and I can tell you that in my game my full good witch does not have sparklies but, my evil warlock does & he's not even all the way evil yet.
One problem I noticed in my game is that when I try to buy the new fishtank on either an apt. lot or home lot my game crashes. Has this happened to anyone?

Ldyvamp
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2008 August 30, 03:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update:  I tried removing all unsupported and/or non-awesome hacks and still cannot see ceilings in live mode.  Roll Eyes
I believe you have to be in cameraman mode to see ceilings. Or, at the very least, have your camera set so that it's below the ceiling line. I haven't tested that second theory, though.

Or maybe you didn't toggle the ceiling button? I missed it at first, too.

I toggled the ceiling button right away.  As for having the camera set below the ceiling line (if you mean what I think you do), that doesn't work either, Katuchan.  But thanks for the responses!  Smiley

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
SimKat
Asinine Airhead

Throws hissy fits.

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2008 August 30, 04:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn Freetime Glitch is back.
Yep yet another glitch...lol
Ok my family sim got engaged too Benjamin Longnose and she had a bad memory of it,you know in the red.Then she got married too him and she caught herself cheating on him with herself.Ok seriously that last part was funny.But this glitch needs too be fixed bad.Also i'm getting the BFF thing and I don't have Freetime installed anymore,took it out for various reasons.
Maybe that was carried over from Freetime who know's.
I like this EP even though it's not my playing style.
ETA:I am pretty sure the spawning bug is back again from BV.New hood 2 hrs ago I made and I had 296 sims when all was said and done.I made that family sim and it made 297.After playing for another 2hrs I exited the game and I had 415 files in it.Wanna explain this one too me?
EA will never learn.

Don\'t take life too seriously,you don\'t get out alive anyways.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2008 August 30, 04:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading your post, simkat, I went to check my sim files for my neighborhood. Before installing, I know I had no more than 430 sim files. Now, about 24 hours and 2 play sessions after installing, I have 561. Surely this expansion shouldn't add over 100 new sims? Sad

ETA: Exactly 96 files were last modified today. About 25 were at 2:31 pm, and the others were in chunks at 6:58 and 8:58. Mind you, I'm playing my Uni hood, which I haven't in a long time, but all the professors and NPCs were already spawned for it. I wonder what's going on.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 30, 04:12:13 by Solowren » Logged

queenbunnywitch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: 2008 August 30, 04:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I made an apartment NPC controllable and what is happening is that a controller keeps pushing an action that looks like a big brown block onto his queue and it forces him to go back and stand behind the door of his apartment. 
That's just lame. I've noticed that though. It seems every time my neighbors are doing something in another part of the building they can only do it for so long and then they are forced back to their apartment. Phail.

Ugh, so it's sort of like University's "hide" action.  Roll Eyes
What is the point of inviting neighbors over if they leave immediately.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2008 August 30, 04:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn Freetime Glitch is back.
Yep yet another glitch...lol
Ok my family sim got engaged too Benjamin Longnose and she had a bad memory of it,you know in the red.Then she got married too him and she caught herself cheating on him with herself.Ok seriously that last part was funny.But this glitch needs too be fixed bad.Also i'm getting the BFF thing and I don't have Freetime installed anymore,took it out for various reasons.
Maybe that was carried over from Freetime who know's.
I like this EP even though it's not my playing style.
ETA:I am pretty sure the spawning bug is back again from BV.New hood 2 hrs ago I made and I had 296 sims when all was said and done.I made that family sim and it made 297.After playing for another 2hrs I exited the game and I had 415 files in it.Wanna explain this one too me?
EA will never learn.

Fuck. I better go check my files, and hope that a critical fix comes. God damn EAxis is dumb. Can't they fix their game instead of breaking it all of the damn time?! I really wonder what their QA (if they have any) does when they first come in. Thank goodness I'm not getting TS3, I'd hate to see how many bugs will be in that game.

Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2008 August 30, 04:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may have found the issue with my new character files problem. As it turns out, nodormierespawn was in the AL DC but not in the AL directory as a standalone, so when I was updating hacks, as I do not use the entire DC, I figured there was not a compatible version yet.
Now, back when I used to play Uni a lot, I killed A LOT of dormies. There were just way too many for my taste. When I went back into Uni to play again yesterday and today, since nodormieregen wasn't in my game, I'm willing to bet that ALL those dormies I killed back in the day were replaced with new ones, and, voila!- about 100 new character files.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008 August 30, 05:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't reckon it's uni. I have attached no other hoods to the BellaDonna one and after playing around 12-18 hours I have 526 character files. I've added two CAS sims.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2008 August 30, 05:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, damn. My theory sounded pretty good. Cheesy

ETA: Okay, EA snuck some townies in my game, damnit all. I just had a walkby I'd never seen before with the AL hair. D':
« Last Edit: 2008 August 30, 05:55:04 by Solowren » Logged

vividmiss
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2008 August 30, 06:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why, but I can't make the game tips go away. When I first loaded a house after installing, it asked if I wanted game tips and I hit no, but it keeps showing them. Game Tips not just for AL either, it's for all the expansions.

I had that as well with a clean game, new neighbourhood and no hacks or cc. And nothing I did would stop them popping up.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2008 August 30, 06:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's hear it for EAXis!

I had a feeling THIS was going to happen:
[snip]
Were you trying to use apartments on college lots or something?

Absolutely not. I just wanted to use that stove because it had an industrial feel to it.  Undecided Alas, I realized that since they just "borrow" from every other expansion pack, that this wouldn't work at all.

I'm confused, did that stove come with AL? How exactly did you get it and expect it to work correctly besides on a community lot or college lot if not? Did they accidentally allow it on apartment lots? Or has it always been enabled but is now spawning a cafeteria worker on apartment lots?

Also... using the rent furnished option, does anyone know if the game raises the rent through the roof because of the additional stuff or is it clueless and only counts the things it normally would such as the bathroom objects, etc?
No the rent is the same as the unfurnished apartment and I thought that was lame.

That's actually cool and crappy at the same time. Crappy because sims are going to get everything handed to them and not have to pay much for it. I have no idea why they didn't add a rent furnished / unfurnished option that worked as you would expect it to.

This is healthy list of bugs I've got from browsing the BBS, can anyone confirm any of these?

Gypsy has no options on community lots. - Confirmed.
Scope room interaction gone.
Butler calling fire department when lightning starts fire and fire department fining for false alarms.
Popups for hobby enthusiasm for roommates. (more of annoyance than a bug I suppose)
When you ask a roommate out on a NL outing then decide to change lots, the roommate doesn't follow and the sims get stuck in the cab forever.
Child/teen sims pop back onto lot when they get special things like money from winning a spelling bee and are at school.
School bus doesn't come to apartments it seems?
Sims kissing mouth to mouth while saying goodbye even to people they have just met.
Can't make apartments with backyards on foundations. - Confirmed but you can work around it.
Witches are starting out all the way evil and all the way good. Happens when you click Teach Me to be a witch several times before the spell is cast.
Taking the toy dogs up / down stairs causes them to become attached to random parts of the sim and unable to get them off.
FT False platinum bug is reportedly back as well as the negative memories for sims who shouldn't get them? Such as family sims getting bad memories of getting engaged. I pray this is from someone who hasn't patched their FT game.
Pickpocket seems to spawn on residential lots after you beat him up on community lots. (This can't be possible...)
Snow doesn't melt in alleys.
Locking of doors doesn't seem to be working properly. (people locked out still barge in)
Kids jump out of beds with read bedtime story option.

Edit: Since i've gotten my game, I'm checking into some of these. I've crossed out the ones that aren't valid and obviously caused by newbness.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 09, 01:21:50 by Chain_Reaction » Logged
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2008 August 30, 06:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe someone else had this issue; I'm just confirming it.

My Sims can't study Physiology.  I have a Knowledge Sim, and I wanted to see just HOW MUCH the Physiology bug would speed her skill-building.  She takes the book out, sits down, opens it, immediately closes it, and puts it back.

This doesn't happen for the other new Study skills (Anger Management, etc.).

I have the DC, so either this is a bug, or there's something in the DC that's preventing it, on accident or on purpose.  Undecided

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008 August 30, 06:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused, did that stove come with AL? How exactly did you get it and expect it to work correctly besides on a community lot or college lot if not? Did they accidentally allow it on apartment lots? Or has it always been enabled but is now spawning a cafeteria worker on apartment lots?

The lot, is just a regular old apartment in downtown pleasantview.  The stove is the one that came with University (it's the 'industrial' one)... I had a funny feeling that this stove would be borked in apartments for the sole fact that EAxis never seem to catch these bugs. We know EAxis, they NEVER fail.  Roll Eyes  

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2008 August 30, 06:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, noticed that.

When you ask a roommate out on a NL outing then decide to change lots, the roommate doesn't follow and the sims get stuck in the cab forever.
Witches' cats don't come back from community lots with the witches, even if they left home together. The cats have to walk.

Can't make apartments with backyards on foundations.
Srs? Bugger, I just started a large one, I wanted underground carparks.

Witches are starting out all the way evil and all the way good. Happens when you click Teach Me to be a witch several times before the spell is cast.
So that's how it happens, we've been talking about this.

My maid won't make the awesome bed. Plus bed Nazi can't seem to keep the non-owners out.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2008 August 30, 07:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The butler doesn't recognize pizza boxes as trash.

Also, he just up and left after four days, and said, "It was a pleasure serving you."  I'm not sure why.  My Sims didn't fire him or beat him up or anything.   Huh

And got the fireman fine because he called the fire dept. during a thunderstorm.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2008 August 30, 07:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, noticed that.
   Scope room worked fine for me yesterday, i'll check again as i just updated a bunch of stuff from Dizzy.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2008 August 30, 07:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims can't study Physiology.  I have a Knowledge Sim, and I wanted to see just HOW MUCH the Physiology bug would speed her skill-building.  She takes the book out, sits down, opens it, immediately closes it, and puts it back.
This isn't anything specific to the DC, as I have no reading-related hacks, so it may just be standard ADHD.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2008 August 30, 08:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

School bus doesn't come to apartments it seems?

On my test apartment lot, it does. My playable sim doesn't have children, but there's a teen in the house.

Sims kissing mouth to mouth while saying goodbye even to people they have just met.

It's been that way for several EPs now (cannot remember which), sims with high chemistry (2-3 bolts) will do that. Annoys me too.

Locking of doors doesn't seem to be working properly. (people locked out still barge in)

That works fine in my game, thank god.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: