More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:06:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Ramen Fix (Updated 2008/08/25) 2 alternative versions added
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ramen Fix (Updated 2008/08/25) 2 alternative versions added  (Read 19054 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Ramen Fix (Updated 2008/08/25) 2 alternative versions added
« on: 2008 August 24, 15:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Bon Voyage, Cup O' Ramen from University has been taken over by the Ramen from the Far East food stand. The original Uni ramen texture is no longer used. Even though BV introduced a new eating animation for chopsticks, Sims still use a fork to eat Uni Cup O' Ramen.

What this fix does:

• Restores Uni Cup O' Ramen texture which was overridden by BV Food Stand Ramen texture.
  • Fixes the missing shadow TXMT for the ramen bowl. No more broken thumbnail with an ugly blue shadow in action queues.
    (You have to delete Thumbnails\ObjectThumbnails.package to regenerate ramen thumbnail.)
  • Sims will eat Uni Cup O' Ramen with chopsticks instead of a fork. (Fork version is available as well.)

Only works for newly cooked cups of ramen after you install this fix.

Choose only ONE version, depending on which EPs you have.

• LdDarcy_RamenFix.package: Uni+BV, also FT (or later EP)
  • LdDarcy_RamenFix_BV.package: Uni+BV, but no FT (or later EP)
  • LdDarcy_RamenFix_Fork.package: Sims use a fork instead of chopsticks. Uni+BV, both for FT (or later EP) and pre-FT
  • LdDarcy_RamenFix_ShadowOnly.package: Shadow fix only for the ramen bowl. Use it ONLY if you don't have BV, or do not mind overridden ramen texture.

Required EP: Uni & BV

Known issue:

Sims will use a spoon when they're not using the table to eat ramen, i.e. standing or sitting on the sofa.
 (Does not happen in Fork version.)

Installation:

Place in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
 (Or in a subfolder of Downloads folder.)

Changelog:

v1.0: Initial release.
 v1.1: 2 alternative versions (Fork, ShadowOnly) were added. (2008/08/25)

* LdDarcy_RamenFix.rar (24.84 KB - downloaded 1294 times.)
* LdDarcy_RamenFix_BV.rar (25.29 KB - downloaded 575 times.)
* LdDarcy_RamenFix_Fork.rar (24.73 KB - downloaded 748 times.)
* LdDarcy_RamenFix_ShadowOnly.rar (2.16 KB - downloaded 595 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 October 23, 16:08:13 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Ramen Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 24, 15:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. This is good, but will you ever do a fork version? It feels more like a Pot Noodle or something that way...

But it'll be nice to no longer have delicious exotic food come out of my sim's crappy microwave.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 25, 03:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny how I didn't even notice this.  You have good eye sight L.D. - thanks for the fix - without your fixes for EA/Maxis screw-ups, I'd have quit playing the game along time ago.  You're the greatest.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 25, 09:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. This is good, but will you ever do a fork version? It feels more like a Pot Noodle or something that way...

I agree on that. They're even called noodles in my version and I don't imagine eating noodles with chopsticks...
I like the shadow fix very much.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Ramen Fix (Updated 2008/08/25) 2 alternative versions added
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 25, 11:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the blue plate had something to do with my default replacement dishes, good to know it doesn't!
EAxis didn't supply the proper TXMT for ramen bowl shadow subset. As object thumbnails are automatically generated including shadows, missing shadow texture will be displayed as flashing blue, resulting in broken thumbnail. Similar to b0rked thumbnail of IKEA TV, where TXMT for TV screen is missing.

I stand corrected sims only use the spoon when standing. Is this the intended behaviour?
<snip>
Not "intended." Unlike other cutlery as forks or spoons, BV chopsticks animations do not come as a full complete package. Only "Table" animation is available. EAxis didn't bother to supply "Standing" and "Sitting - Trans (living chairs or sofas)" animations for chopsticks, because Sims can eat BV Far East foods only on the food stand counter. Hence, the missing animations will revert to the ones for the regular bowl with a spoon.
I fixed the arm stuckage in BV version, but I can't get around when proper animations simply don't exist to begin with.

will you ever do a fork version? It feels more like a Pot Noodle or something that way...
Added a fork version. Also added ShadowOnly version for people who don't have BV. Looks like the broken thumbnail of ramen bowl is a pet peeve of many people.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 25, 11:34:29 by Lord Darcy » Logged

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 26, 06:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree on that. They're even called noodles in my version and I don't imagine eating noodles with chopsticks...
What? Chopsticks are used for eating noodles.  Roll Eyes

Anyway thanks for the fix, Lord Darcy Cheesy
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 21, 21:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the Necromancy, but I need to know if this can be safely removed.

I realized I like the BV texture better, but don't want to risk borking the ramen all together.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 22, 04:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you remove this fix, you should discard all cooked ramen bowls stored in Sims' inventory, because they will flash blue due to missing texture. (Except for ShadowOnly version, which only fixes shadow texture.) Newly cooked ramen bowls will be fine, and they will display the BV ramen texture again.

If you prefer BV ramen texture, use ShadowOnly version.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 22, 20:06:47 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: