More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 15:53:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a way to change sims outfits?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a way to change sims outfits?  (Read 5957 times)
bgrateful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Is there a way to change sims outfits?
« on: 2008 August 23, 14:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to change sims clothes without having to delete them and starting over again? I tried the wardrobe and plan outfit thing but that does nothing.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Is there a way to change sims outfits?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 23, 14:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that does nothing, then you have a hack/mod that's not compatible with your game.  Suggest you update your hacks for the latest EP you have, or remove your downloads folder, see that it does in fact work, and then do a binary search to find the bad hack/mod that prevents the sims from changing.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
bgrateful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 23, 14:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what program do you suggest I use to find the bad hack?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 23, 14:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the Hack Conflict Detection Utility over on simwardrobe can tell if you have conflicting hacks, but there's no program that can point out a bad hack or one that's incompatible with your current EP.  Easiest way to find it is the binary search method:

1) move your downloads folder out of the game.
2) run game to make sure function works, and it's not a problem with the core game files
3) put back 1/2 of your downloads, and see if function still works
4) If yes, put in 1/2 of remaining moved downloads, and repeat
5) if no, take out 1/2 of downloads in the game and check again
6) repeat until you find the bad hack

A binary search isn't hard, and you can usually narrow down the problem in 5  or 6 iterations.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 23, 14:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@jsalemi: given the other question posted by the same person and their response to your help here, I'm wondering if the problem could be more basic than that.

@bgrateful: I'm wondering if your sims have any other clothes besides those you gave them in CAS (or that they aged into)?

Plan outfit wont work if you haven't taken them shopping for clothes or used a hack such as the clothing tool to purchase clothes beyond what they started with.

* Kyna wonders if she should mention the base game issue with wardrobes & changing clothes.   That would only apply if you're not running any EPs or SPs.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
bgrateful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 23, 16:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the hack conflict detection utility, and it must not be compatible with vista, because It wouldn't work for me! could you suggest another program I could use? or suggest  someplace I can download hack updates?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 23, 17:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know HCDU had Vista issues.  I don't know if there is another one - there really isn't a need for another conflict detection utility because HCDU works well for most people.  Clean Installer can pick up some conflicts (such as CC with duplicate GUIDs), but it won't pick up hacks that have conflicting BHAVs - which may be where your problem lies.

As for updating your hacks - go back to the sites where you got them from.  If you can't remember where you got them from, trying using Google to find the sites they came from.  If you can't find the sites where you got them from, then I suggest you delete them.  Running a game with outdated hacks is not a good idea.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
bgrateful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 23, 17:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll just delete all hacks and get some fresh new updated ones from here. thanks!
Mesha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 23, 19:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Vista. I have had Vista since before it was publicly released. I have used the HCDU more times than I can remember without any conflict. Maybe you were expecting it to do something it doesn't.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 24, 09:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The HCDU can take a while to load if you have a lot of hacks, and I've found that it helps to leave the HCDU screen active during loading, otherwise it tends to stall indefinitely. Perhaps you just didn't give it enough time to load. Also, Kyna made a valid point. If you only have one outfit per category for your sim, then the option to Plan Outfit will not be available until the sim gets more clothing.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 25, 00:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have a bad hack. You are just kind of ignorant of all of this. You need to either buy new clothes at a community lot or use the clothing tool by JMP.

Or I could be totally wrong...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: