More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 16:12:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Maxis hair and clothes have disappeared.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxis hair and clothes have disappeared.  (Read 3836 times)
oliveoil
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Maxis hair and clothes have disappeared.
« on: 2008 August 21, 22:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I played my game last night, I went into The Broke's household (one that I'd not played yet) and Brandi was wearing different clothes and had CC hair. I thought this was odd as I haven't played that household before and so she should be wearing her usual pink top and jeans. I also noticed Gilbert Jacquet walk past wearing a different outfit to what he's supposed to and a different hairstyle.

Thinking this was strange, I sent a sim Downtown to see if anyone else was affected and some of them are. It seems to affect certain townies and maxis playables that I haven't yet played. (I recently re-installed using cleaned up templates this time)

Most of the townies are now all wearing the same outfit, and their hair has been changed. I then tried to buy back the clothes that they were wearing before this happened but when I did I noticed that all the little icons of maxis clothes are of the same outfit, and when you click to try them, all you get is the sims head and no body. It's the same with the hair. I tried to change a sims hairstyle to a maxis one and it wouldn't let me. All of the icons are showing as the same hair (the long straight hair for females, I haven't checked males yet) and when you click to change it, no hair appears on the sims head at all. It's just cut out completely.

This only seems to affect maxis clothes and hair. All custom hair is showing up fine and still works on the sim. It's as though some of the maxis items have been deleted but I thought that was impossible. Also, the bartender downtown was wearing her outerwear instead of a uniform so that seems to be missing as well. What has happened? How can I fix it?

I haven't played in a month, and it was fine last time. The only items I have downloaded are some of the hairs and clothes from the EA store that were posted on this site. I did not use the EA store itself. Some of those items didn't show in the game though, so I deleted the clothes that weren't showing one by one through CAS. There was also one of the hairstyles that I didn't like so I deleted that in CAS too but it removed all of the EA store content and so I had to go back to the my downloads folder and install the hairs again, except for the one that I didn't like. Maybe I shouldn't have deleted the EA store content from CAS. Would that really affect the content from the original game?
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Maxis hair and clothes have disappeared.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 22, 21:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try loading the game without the EA Store crap?

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 22, 21:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only items I have downloaded are some of the hairs and clothes from the EA store that were posted on this site. I did not use the EA store itself. Some of those items didn't show in the game though, so I deleted the clothes that weren't showing one by one through CAS. There was also one of the hairstyles that I didn't like so I deleted that in CAS too but it removed all of the EA store content and so I had to go back to the my downloads folder and install the hairs again, except for the one that I didn't like. Maybe I shouldn't have deleted the EA store content from CAS. Would that really affect the content from the original game?

If it was my set that you downloaded (had a bunch of files named things like Sims02.package, globalcatbin.bundle.package, Skins.package, etc.) you just did a very bad thing since it cross-references files from the main game to save space. Also, make sure you didn't copy those files into someplace other than downloads if you don't have the Store Edition (which is basically an empty stuff pack) or you could overwrite game files.

Either way, the meshes in your game files are hosed and you need to reinstall your game, that long hair for females that you keep seeing everywhere is the failsafe mesh that shows up when there's a missing reference somewhere.

In game delete button causes BFBVFS! Find the files yourself and delete them that way.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
oliveoil
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 22, 22:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try loading the game without the EA Store crap?

Yes, I took the downloads out immediately after I noticed the problem. I also deleted my whole Sims 2 folder to start over again and was hoping that would fix it but it didn't. Some clothes and hair are still missing in the new game.

If it was my set that you downloaded (had a bunch of files named things like Sims02.package, globalcatbin.bundle.package, Skins.package, etc.) you just did a very bad thing since it cross-references files from the main game to save space. Also, make sure you didn't copy those files into someplace other than downloads if you don't have the Store Edition (which is basically an empty stuff pack) or you could overwrite game files.

Either way, the meshes in your game files are hosed and you need to reinstall your game, that long hair for females that you keep seeing everywhere is the failsafe mesh that shows up when there's a missing reference somewhere.

In game delete button causes BFBVFS! Find the files yourself and delete them that way.

I don't remember who I downloaded the files from. All I added were the hairstyles and a couple of clothes. I don't use other CC apart from hair and clothes so I didn't install any objects or any other files. I keep my downloads folder organised and use sub-folders and I do normally delete things from the downloads folder, rather than in game, but ironically I thought I could save time using the in game delete this time. Boy, was I wrong there.

As I said I deleted the Sims 2 folder so it would refresh but before deleting it, I saved a copy of it (minus the EA store downloads) If I re-install the game again and all it's EPs could I put the back up copy I made of the broken game back and play those sims again or will that mess it up again? or is there any way I can get the sims I had back from the back up copy at all?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: