More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:44:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Parties on community lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Parties on community lots  (Read 4584 times)
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Parties on community lots
« on: 2008 October 28, 10:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A feature I am REALLY missing is the possibility to hold parties on community lots. Not only weddings, but all sorts of parties. I have been searching, but couldnt find any hacks for this. Does anyone know a solution for this?
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Parties on community lots
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 28, 15:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I want to hold a wedding party on a comm lot I make sure there is a wedding arch before I visit and that at least one of the two Sims owns a cell phone. When they get there I invite the guests over either one by one or by using groups and then just get the Sims married when they arrive.
Admittedly you don't get a party score or memory but at least the guests you want are there.
Other typs of parties I can't help with.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 28, 16:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know they can marry - but it's the party as such I need. With scores and raise in status.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 29, 00:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always used "Outings" as a sort of party on Comunity lots.  You still get a score of sorts, but no memory.  I know it would be more realistic, since real life family reunions are probably usually held somewhere other than a private residence, and the Family Reunion memory only happens with a party.

I really don't understand why EAxis designed it this way.  In reality, people have parties at parks and restaurants all the time.  Think of all the little kids birthday parties that happen at McDonalds.  And office parties that take place at bar and grill type venues.  But in the game, sorry, you can't have a party anywhere other than your place of residence.  Tongue

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 29, 22:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What annoys me is that it HAS been possible, in earlier expansions. Up to FT I used Christianlovs Community Lot Phone, with which I could at least arrange ordinary parties, if not weddings. But he updated and took that option away for some reason. I remember back before UNI I had all my weddings on community lots.
Charlee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 04, 22:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've kind of bypassed that restriction before, when I wanted a wedding party on a Community lot.  Go into the Community lot beforehand (in BUILD mode) and add a residential telephone somewhere.  Then save and exit the lot.  Take your Sims to the Community lot.  Once they're on the lot, change the lot zoning to Residential.  Then use the residential phone to Throw Party.  After the party, change the lot zoning back to Community and send your Sims home.

It\'s all fun & games until the cops show up
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 05, 02:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thouhgt it was a VBT to change lot zoning with sims on the lot?

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 05, 10:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge is apparently working on an update of a mod for this, just FYI.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: