More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:19:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Arrred games?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Arrred games?  (Read 41205 times)
monieeka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Arrred games?
« Reply #50 on: 2008 August 26, 20:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you have a good firewall, and never, ever allow anything you've pirated to connect to the internet.  Do not expect the game company to provide you with technical support.  Also, make sure you turn on the encryption protocols to "forced" in the preferences section of µTorrent, and you should be fine.  Have fun!

How can you do that for Azureus / Vuze?

Isn't it pretty to think so?
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2008 August 26, 20:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you have a good firewall, and never, ever allow anything you've pirated to connect to the internet.  Do not expect the game company to provide you with technical support.  Also, make sure you turn on the encryption protocols to "forced" in the preferences section of µTorrent, and you should be fine.  Have fun!

How can you do that for Azureus / Vuze?

I have no idea.  Go to their websites and find out.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 August 27, 00:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally forgot it was there and I was too lazy delete it when I realised it was still there. I don't come here often and even when I do I rarely post so if you've been seeing them all the time then it must've been from other people.

I didn't "hide them" behind a tiny url, what's with you people and you're weird assumptions about people? When I first got them you could choose between 4 codes and one of the four is a tiny url. I used the tiny here so I could fit all 4.

So I guess those are prohibited now too? I'll take them out no worries...
Waah waah waah. Sheesh. I was poking. Way to take things much too seriously and get all emo about it.
I didn't take anything too seriously. I simply pointed out that your assumption about me "hiding" the url is wrong that's all. I couldn't care less and I took them out. lol Seriously and calling me "emo" what are you 13? I don't listen to the music neither do I wear the style just so you know.
@Tash in that case you were being a bitch then. Ok Now I understand sorry. I didn't mean anything by it. I am just surprised that people still don't realise there's a long chain of events leading to the games being delivered to the stores in the first place. So your comment about looking up for a torrent of a game that hasn't been released yet doesn't sound too smart now does it?

Seriously I didn't come here to start up a fight or to act superiour to anybody. If you got ofended by anythign I said then my bad sorry. If you think me responding to you and explaining to claims you've done about me in your post is "whining", well you are intitled to your opinion. It doesn't bother me. Grin

Anyways it seems that the game is finally ARRRed. I'm waiting to see if people will post more comments about the torrents, they seem legit to me tho...
Eddit: nvm I didn't pay enough attention and the post that said it's been posted! Thanx  Grin

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 August 27, 20:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I arrred AL last night from isohunt.com, (Reloaded). Very well seeded and no viruses, good serials and a no CD crack included. I use Prevx and AVG Free Antivirus and neither of them made a peep.

I use Vuze and no problems, knock wood. Isohunt has a secure site you can use too, but I always use Vidalia and Privoxy.

I would feel guilty about it if SecuROM on BV hadn't cost me a couple hundred bucks and two weeks to get my computer straightened out.  Angry Screw EA.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 August 28, 03:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Encryption on Vuze?  Just go to the Options page, expand Connection, and click Transport Encryption.  Check "Require Encrypted Transport" and set the Minimum Encryption Level to RC4.  Apparently "Plain" is incompatible with microTorrent (Their documation is horrible compared to Azureus so I'm not sure) and it only encrypts the header so don't bother using it.  If you want to allow non-encrypted connections select the applicable box, and if you're super paranoid check the "use cryptoport" checkbox so the data will always be sent to you fully encrypted.

One last thing, you need to be in Intermediate mode or Advanced mode to configure Transport Encryption.  If you selected Beginner, just run the configuration wizard again and select Advanced this time.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 August 28, 04:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

baas to aggie and the #grahs for pointing out that TPB's RELOADED is there and working like a treat - it DLed in great time for me, lots of seeders.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 August 28, 10:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Encryption on Vuze?  Just go to the Options page, expand Connection, and click Transport Encryption.  Check "Require Encrypted Transport" and set the Minimum Encryption Level to RC4.  Apparently "Plain" is incompatible with microTorrent (Their documation is horrible compared to Azureus so I'm not sure) and it only encrypts the header so don't bother using it.  If you want to allow non-encrypted connections select the applicable box, and if you're super paranoid check the "use cryptoport" checkbox so the data will always be sent to you fully encrypted.

One last thing, you need to be in Intermediate mode or Advanced mode to configure Transport Encryption.  If you selected Beginner, just run the configuration wizard again and select Advanced this time.
Thanks very much for this info.  Smiley
titanicbrittanic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2008 August 30, 16:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, now I am back to wanting to try it so I can get my lil hands on AL. I am good to go on the actual pirating part, but I don't want to download until I know for certain SecuROM is gone... I tried following Venusy's tutorial and I see numerous questions ahead... I think I'll ask my first one and see whether or not I am stoned or if I get an answer LOL

In the first one it asks me for a computer specific code (#1, * Part 2 ripped from a website) and I am so clueless on how to find the registry. I have downloaded all of the software that is listed on the page, but me being a minimal computer nerd, I don't know if "run" is the same as "command".  So basically, how do I find the code, how do I get to the registry, and is run the same as command?

Also, if there is someone who would be willing to walk me through the process this one time on AIM, I would be so super greatful. Seriously, I'll name my first **sim** child after you and make a shrine in his/her home XD
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 August 30, 20:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, now I am back to wanting to try it so I can get my lil hands on AL. I am good to go on the actual pirating part, but I don't want to download until I know for certain SecuROM is gone... I tried following Venusy's tutorial and I see numerous questions ahead... I think I'll ask my first one and see whether or not I am stoned or if I get an answer LOL

In the first one it asks me for a computer specific code (#1, * Part 2 ripped from a website) and I am so clueless on how to find the registry. I have downloaded all of the software that is listed on the page, but me being a minimal computer nerd, I don't know if "run" is the same as "command".  So basically, how do I find the code, how do I get to the registry, and is run the same as command?

Also, if there is someone who would be willing to walk me through the process this one time on AIM, I would be so super greatful. Seriously, I'll name my first **sim** child after you and make a shrine in his/her home XD
What are you talking about, you mean you want to be sure your computer is free of SecuROM or you want to be sure the download of AL is free of it? If you think you have SecuROM then go through the process described in the SecuROM thread here. As for AL, just torrent it and install as usual, then don't launch the game after installing, choose quit. Go to your mounted disc and choose Explore, and you should find a folder that says Crack. Inside will be the cracked Sims2EP8.exe file, replace the one in your newly installed AL folder (C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSBin) with that one and run the game from that file. No SecuROM! It only gets loaded when you launch the game from the original Sims2EP8.exe.

Look for a Reloaded torrent.
titanicbrittanic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2008 August 30, 20:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I wasn't clear  Embarrassed I was trying to say that the SecuROM threads were not making sense to me since I'm kind computer illiterate once it gets to registries, etc. but I had someone point out that all I need is a CD crack. I was also saying that I wanted SecuROM off my computer before I put on an arrred files, but with a CD crack there is no need to remove it (as far as I've been told).

So I am now getting a CD crack sometime tonight and I am downloading an EP over the course of the day (though it may take several nights of leaving the internet running and torrent working its little butt off XD) Thank you for the help!
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2008 August 31, 00:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The no-CD crack is only for keeping SecuROM from installing itself in the first place.  If you already have SecuROM on your computer, you still have to remove it, or there's no point in using the crack.

This is explained pretty clearly in the first post of the "How to get rid of SecuROM, NOW" thread.
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2008 August 31, 02:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boo.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 September 13, 00:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Google-fu and search-fu are weak.  Grin  So at the risk of getting poked with pointy sticks -- where can I find a safe arrr'ed copy of H&M?  I read in this thread to search the Pirate Bay, and to look for versions by Reloaded, Vitality, etc., but could not find any by them. Undecided

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 September 13, 00:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can usually tell from the comments whether a torrent is trustworthy or not.

moparopie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2008 September 13, 03:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can usually tell from the comments whether a torrent is trustworthy or not.

This is true, I rarely download something with no comments on it.  Also, the only site I truly 'trust' is Demonoid.  I haven't personally had that much experience with Pirate Bay.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 September 13, 04:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only ones I can find on Pirate Bay with any *useful* comments make it clear they have worms/viruses.  I thank you for restraining yourselves from poking me with pointy sticks, though my next question will probably earn those.  Is anyone here willing to share? *ducks

In the meantime, I'll take your advice and search Demonoid, though I must say I'm getting mighty discouraged from the fruitless Google searches.  I'm on the verge of giving up my would-be pirating career already, and I've been at it less than five hours.  Grin

Edit:  If anyone cares (and I'm guessing no), I found nothing on Demonoid.  I've given up my budding pirate career for now as well (except for the Booty, naturally).  Life's too bloody short.  Grin
« Last Edit: 2008 September 13, 04:33:42 by lovejoyriteia » Logged

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 September 13, 04:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually get the EP or Stuff Pack right after it comes out. That way there's lots of seeders and it doesn't take forever for it to download. I downloaded AL right away but I still haven't installed it.

I can't help you with H&M, I got it from a friend.  Good luck.
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 September 13, 14:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only ones I can find on Pirate Bay with any *useful* comments make it clear they have worms/viruses.  I thank you for restraining yourselves from poking me with pointy sticks, though my next question will probably earn those.  Is anyone here willing to share? *ducks

In the meantime, I'll take your advice and search Demonoid, though I must say I'm getting mighty discouraged from the fruitless Google searches.  I'm on the verge of giving up my would-be pirating career already, and I've been at it less than five hours.  Grin

Edit:  If anyone cares (and I'm guessing no), I found nothing on Demonoid.  I've given up my budding pirate career for now as well (except for the Booty, naturally).  Life's too bloody short.  Grin

Try one of these, TorrentReactor, bitdig, usenext. TorrentFinder helps a lot.
powercut
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 September 13, 17:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you still can't find a working torrent for H&M, you can always pick one of those torrents that has all EPs and SPs and download only the file you need. You can select which files you want to download and which to skip in your torrent client.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 September 13, 21:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did try TorrentReactor, etc., etc., but didn't know I could choose which file to download in the complete ones (although their weren't a lot of useful comments in those either).  Really, thanks for the tips everyone -- I'll keep them in mind if I decide to restart my pirate career.  Grin

My patience is minimal (too much going on in RL), so I finally caved and bought it.  Roll Eyes

Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 September 14, 05:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so, own computer, encryption on, watch the comments, make sure the firewall and antivirus are on. I'm still a little scared to do this since it's the school network I'm connected to, but do you think I'm ready?

(I'd wait until November when I'll be home for a bit, but apparently AT&T is testing bandwidth caps too...)
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 September 14, 06:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as you have protocol encryption on, you should be fine on the school's network.

Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 September 14, 07:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome.
HoodieBandit
Asinine Airhead

WARNING: Road flooded during floods.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 September 15, 22:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a long time lurker, and am finally getting the guts to start torrenting. My only problem is that I have an ARRed copy of Windows XP, thanks to my ex, and because of that I  do not have ServicePack 2, which means I cannot download the Comodo Firewall, amongst other things. Any suggestions on some good firewalls that don't require me to have SP2 or a way that I can obtain SP2? Sorry for all the questions, I'm a little stupid when it comes to these kinds of things.  Tongue
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 September 16, 05:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.heise.de/ct/projekte/offlineupdate/download_uk.shtml

Try this, it may help.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.