More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 22:44:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Arrred games?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Arrred games?  (Read 41292 times)
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Arrred games?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 August 21, 06:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are probably two obvious suggestions, but I'll add them anyway: always read the comments on a torrent before downloading. If there aren't any, I usually err on the side of caution and look for a different one. Also, you aren't able to register an ARRR'd game on the official site. I know this sounds so obvious it's redundant, but I've read threads on other websites where people seemed surprised at this. *shrug* The Pirate Bay seems to be a relatively safe site for torrents. I've downloaded a few games and television episodes from there and haven't gotten anything dangerous yet.

Also, I'm interested to hear about other people's experiences with Comodo. I tried the most recent version, and it kept asking me so many questions that I finally had to yank the thing off my laptop. I did like the version prior to that, though.

ETA: I forgot to mention Peer Guardian. I'm not exactly sure how much good it does, but I've been using it for awhile now and haven't run into any problems yet. Link is here: http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/.

I sing along with elevator music.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 August 21, 14:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...where does a novice go to brush up their pirate-y skills and stop supporting EAxis?  I finally caved today and got FT, needing to see what exactly I am missing out on. 

I have Norton, and also a penchant for being attacked by viruses each time I make an attemp at getting my hot little hands on an arrred game.  Suppose I will need to change out my anti virus for something better?   Angry

Second first -- get one of the free anti-virus programs out there.  Many of us like Avast!, which is free for personal use, not a resource hog, and works quite well.

To start on aaar! skills:  first, read the 'get rid of SecuROM' thread at the top of this forum, then get yourself over to gamecopyworld to get a no-cd.exe for your game and use only that.  Then, look into torrent clients (uTorrent is quite popular), and read the FAQ and general instructions on their website. TorrentFreak also has some good basic info and tutorials on setting up, securing and speeding up the client.  As suggested above, The Pirate Bay is a good source for finding reliable torrents when you're ready.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 August 21, 18:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least I can say I have my ass covered in regards to the No cd biz, just started with BV.  I get a little squirrelly downloading files from new places and the paranoia kicks in.  I will spend the afternoon today doing some light reading on torrents though, and checking out this Pirate bay.  Maybe I will be swashbucklin' in no time.  Or maybe not.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 August 21, 20:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I'm interested to hear about other people's experiences with Comodo. I tried the most recent version, and it kept asking me so many questions that I finally had to yank the thing off my laptop. I did like the version prior to that, though.
If the popups really bother you, you can tweak Defense+ to monitor less stuff or you can "permanently" disable Defense+.  Disabling Defense+ will still allow the firewall to function but you will occasionally see a Defense+ as leak protection.

As for my experiences with the Comodo, it works a lot better now then it did when I tried it several times in the past.  My biggest issue with it was that it "forgot" your configuration and it even loses its preset schemes such as "Trusted Application".  They only recently fixed this issue, and the bug still exists in the 2 series IIRC.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 August 21, 20:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look for torrents by Demonoid, ViTaLiTy, and Reality if you have a choice. Again, read comments. If the thing is a bogus torrent and has a virus, people will complain...loudly.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 August 22, 06:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another dumb question: Has AL been ARRR'd yet? I've been looking for it but I've only seen things that could be fake... it's only 5 days till release date, I figured there should be somehting by now?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 August 22, 07:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When there is a real Arrr'd AL, perhaps someone will PM me.  I'm too lazy to bookmark.  I am hoping that by the time AL has been taken care of I will have done enough of my research to not be such a pansy about downloading it. Yar.

On that last note, why no pirate emoticon?  One with a little eye patch would do fine.

msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 August 22, 13:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm sure someone will be glad to PM you with that.
And include a link for your convenience. Heck, someone will be happy to come right to your house and set it all up for you.

We don't mind doing all the work for lazy people here, no indeedy.

Oh, and someone will get right on that emoticon for you, too.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 August 22, 16:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All it does is talk about how much it sucks. I'm beginning to believe it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 August 22, 16:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you Arr a game that hasn't been released? It even takes a bit to get a no-cd crack.
People in the factories can steal it and leak it. Some people have gotten the game early by lamost a week before so it wouldn't surprise me if it was Arrr'd a couple of days before reease date. I know plenty of stores that has it early but just won't sell it till release date. So there you go!

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 August 22, 22:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Torrents suck. You need to share with people.

Usenet rules. You don't need to share.
Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 August 23, 04:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And include a link for your convenience. Heck, someone will be happy to come right to your house and set it all up for you.

ah yes, here are the big pointy sticks I kept hearing about - craftily disguised as sarcasm.  Mmm tasty.  Good thing my humor had been so obvious, or you'd have thought I actually expected a PM and emoticon.

TimeStop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 August 23, 23:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, so the uTorrent guides have lost me some. Where would I find which port to forward to when downloading one of the sims2 games?
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 August 24, 03:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, so the uTorrent guides have lost me some. Where would I find which port to forward to when downloading one of the sims2 games?
The port that you forward to is the one that you told your BitTorrent client to use.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 August 25, 16:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Torrents suck. You need to share with people.

Usenet rules. You don't need to share.

Doesn't that require a monthly payment? That kind of defeats the purpose for me! People down under are getting the game, hopefully someone will Arrr it and put it up soon!

msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 August 25, 16:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah yes, here are the big pointy sticks I kept hearing about - craftily disguised as sarcasm.  Mmm tasty.  Good thing my humor had been so obvious, or you'd have thought I actually expected a PM and emoticon.

Ah, the old, "I was joking and you didn't get it!", defense.
When in doubt, go with the classics.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 August 25, 16:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you Arr a game that hasn't been released? It even takes a bit to get a no-cd crack.
People in the factories can steal it and leak it. Some people have gotten the game early by lamost a week before so it wouldn't surprise me if it was Arrr'd a couple of days before reease date. I know plenty of stores that has it early but just won't sell it till release date. So there you go!

If you're so fucking smart then you shouldn't need to ask if it had been arred yet should you? So there! *dies a little inside from saying such a F-ly thing*
Wow! Bitter much? Calm down... There are private "clans" out there you know? That you can only access their Arrred work with an invite? And if you read my post carefully you would see that I pointed out that I've seen a couple of files come and go 'cause they're FAKE! There was this one that kept on getting reposted and I was wondering if the size is inaccurate because they uploaded The sims 2 All-in instead or just the ep. It just seems to be another fake though.

Anyways, people are starting to get the game early so hopefully someon will ARRR it soon.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 August 25, 18:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*pokes virgali for not only playing that Drag Cave crap, but hiding it behind a tinyurl*
I'm getting sick of AdBlocking it.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 August 26, 04:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally forgot it was there and I was too lazy delete it when I realised it was still there. I don't come here often and even when I do I rarely post so if you've been seeing them all the time then it must've been from other people.

I didn't "hide them" behind a tiny url, what's with you people and you're weird assumptions about people? When I first got them you could choose between 4 codes and one of the four is a tiny url. I used the tiny here so I could fit all 4.

So I guess those are prohibited now too? I'll take them out no worries...

@Tasha I do know what bitter means and when I see people reacting like you did on something so insignificant I do see them as bitter. That was simply overreacting and not necessary.

Anyways off to delete my dragons. As I predicted (since this has been the case with every expansion) some people got the game early (Australia) so hopefully someone will put it up soon.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 August 26, 04:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lies and propaganda. All the people claiming to "have it early" are EAxis company plants trying to stir up some last-minute guerrilla advertising. Also, all Virgalis suck.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 August 26, 04:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They posted pics Pes... nevermind. I just got really excited about trying out the witches since I liked the vampires so much. I also build appartment like buildings occassionally but they were never really practical since they were made belief and not the real deal. I once had a sim exiting his appartment, take an elevator and go to the landlord's chambers to wash a plate! Roll Eyes
So I'm waiting impatiently for the Arrred version.

The reason I don't buy  the games anymore is al because EA and its stupid Securom Policy. I've bought all the EP's and Stuff Packs besides Ikea. I finally "woke up" and decide thy won't get anymore of MY money! Especially since they made it pretty clear with Sims 2 shop thing that unless the sales go down they will be keeping on doing thins their way.

/rant I'm off to worship the Gods of Metal \m/

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 August 26, 15:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally forgot it was there and I was too lazy delete it when I realised it was still there. I don't come here often and even when I do I rarely post so if you've been seeing them all the time then it must've been from other people.

I didn't "hide them" behind a tiny url, what's with you people and you're weird assumptions about people? When I first got them you could choose between 4 codes and one of the four is a tiny url. I used the tiny here so I could fit all 4.

So I guess those are prohibited now too? I'll take them out no worries...
Waah waah waah. Sheesh. I was poking. Way to take things much too seriously and get all emo about it.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
moonsgal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 August 26, 16:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apartment life is now available for download on torrent & warez forums by reloaded.

edit: Any RS or MS subers can get it at projectw/warezbb or other warez forums
« Last Edit: 2008 August 27, 01:49:15 by moonsgal » Logged
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 August 26, 19:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No seeders in the swarm for AL...stuck at 5% with the other 300 schmucks...
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 August 26, 19:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No-cd.exe is up on gamecopyworld for those who buy it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: