More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 06:55:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  *stomps on Brandi Broke's uterus*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: *stomps on Brandi Broke's uterus*  (Read 14321 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
*stomps on Brandi Broke's uterus*
« on: 2008 August 16, 10:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This Free Time "perk" of increased chances of twins is driving me insane!

I restarted Pleasantview with the new computer (read: couldn't be bothered pulling ALL my files across from the old one) and when I went into the Broke house, set up the sims various perks.  Brandi, of course, is already pregnant (with ONE baby) at the start of things.  The next time I go into the house, Brandi has suddenly decided that in fact, she is having twins.  Twins Brady and Bobby were duly born.  Because they're both Brandi clones, they're the closest thing we can get to identical twins.

Anyway, days go by, she finally meets a nice single father by the name of Matt Riffraff, and his two daughters, Kayla and Layla.  After some effort Brandi and Matt tie the knot, and wouldn't you know it are off to the bedroom to conceive the next little Riffraff.

I checked the number of babies after hearing the lullabye.  One baby.

This made sense, because there's Brandi, Matt, teens Beau, Bobby, and Brady Broke, and Kayla and Layla Riffraff.  According to the world of the sims, there's only room for one more sim (and I don't have any hacks to change this).

Oh, no.  I went into the Broke-Riffraff house today and found that Brandi is once again expecting twins.

I SWEAR, on Brandi's grandmother's grave, there has been no cheesecake consumed or use of forcetwins.  I've never ever seen the number of babies change from one playsession to the next.

It's chaotic enough with 5 teens in the house who are nowhere near ready to go to college yet, this is just going to send my blood pressure through the roof!

Ugh.  I can't wait till that woman hits menopause.

<insert witty comment here>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: *stomps on Brandi Broke's uterus*
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 16, 10:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you max out the fambly sim perks? That's the dubious level 4 "perk" for fambly sims. Suffice it to say, fambly is a dead aspiration as far as primary aspirations go, since secondary aspirations do everything primary aspirations do (determine LTWs, wants, etc) at equal weight, except for two things: The annoying come-home animation, and the ability to get the level 4 perk. Since the fambly level 4 perk is completely and utterly worthless, as the effect can be duplicated with entirely mundane items in a completely vanilla game, with far more controllability, there is simply no reason to ever take it. It's not even GOOD! The level 3 perk is similarly worthless, so as an aspiration, Fambly effectively caps out at level 2. Level 3 does nothing of meaningful use, level 4 is BAD!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 16, 10:52:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could understand it if, at conception, she was having twins, because that's how it's meant to go.  Number of babies decided at conception.  I'd just shrug and go with it.  But the fact that it's changing at some point after conception, and overriding the limit on the number of sims on the lot is driving me nuts!

I admit, I didn't know WTF I was doing when I happily clicked on the level 4 'perk'.  It's not happened to anyone else (then again, there haven't been any other pregnant female fambly sims lately; John Burb though has superpowered sperm and has had Jennifer give birth to 2 sets of twins in quick succession).

<insert witty comment here>
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 16, 11:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I unset Twin Perk with ReNuYu reward for all my family Sims. If I hadn't made it a rule to roll dice for aspiration, I would not make new family Sims anymore.

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 16, 11:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, naturally Family is the favourite aspiration of the sheeple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 16, 11:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, whereas we fine upstanding MATY-folk are somewhat less fond of it, for is it not written, "Vagina is not a clowncar"?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sarahsuke
Asinine Airhead

INFJ - The S is for Sucks

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 16, 12:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could have a potential use for challenges if there weren't already better ways to force twins, ones that also don't force the Sim into a constant state of super-fertility.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 16, 12:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could understand it if, at conception, she was having twins, because that's how it's meant to go.  Number of babies decided at conception.  I'd just shrug and go with it.  But the fact that it's changing at some point after conception, and overriding the limit on the number of sims on the lot is driving me nuts!

I admit, I didn't know WTF I was doing when I happily clicked on the level 4 'perk'.  It's not happened to anyone else (then again, there haven't been any other pregnant female fambly sims lately; John Burb though has superpowered sperm and has had Jennifer give birth to 2 sets of twins in quick succession).

I read somewhere that the perk sets in at the first bump. That's when it'll change to twins. I'm avoiding it, because the last thing I need in my 'hood is even more babies.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Millie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 16, 17:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel your pain.

I have a sim in my hood that married general Buzz.

They have 10 children, of varying ages. I have a hack in place (I think it's part of ACR) that lets you change the odds for multiples, up to quadruplets.
Well, they went and had quads, didn't they.

Not ONE of these children were tried for by my direction. Not one. Randy buggers. Oh, and General buzz had an alien child, too.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 16, 17:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And whose fault is it that you INSTALLED that abominable thing in the first place, HRM?!? I REALLY don't care about your ACR-induced problems. That THING is an abomination, pure and simple. We do not support it here, and good riddance to that!

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 16, 17:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Threads like this make me glad I decided against bootlegging FT.  ACR is fun though, and it does give you ways of getting rid of/preventing unwanted spawn.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

rampancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 16, 17:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still like the Family Aspiration as a primary for at least one of the Sims in my families, if only for thematic reasons.

Aria: The way to get souls to the Karma Portals is with Karma Vehicles, which run on Karma Track and are dispatched from Karma Stations.
Jasper:  Well... that sure clears everything up.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 August 16, 20:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And whose fault is it that you INSTALLED that abominable thing in the first place, HRM?!? I REALLY don't care about your ACR-induced problems. That THING is an abomination, pure and simple. We do not support it here, and good riddance to that!

Aw, you're no fun sometimes! The random chaos that ACR generates is an essential part of my and many other people's gameplay.

Back on topic, if either parent has the twins perk then there is a 50% chance each bump that a single birth will change to twins so you have to be carfeful who goes around fathering sim babies too. It's worth having at least one sim with family as primary/secondary aspiration just so you can make grandma's comfort soup.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 August 16, 21:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have 10 children, of varying ages. I have a hack in place (I think it's part of ACR) that lets you change the odds for multiples, up to quadruplets.
Well, they went and had quads, didn't they.

Not ONE of these children were tried for by my direction. Not one. Randy buggers. Oh, and General buzz had an alien child, too.
It's a separate hack, Triplets & Quads. I quickly modded the thing to more standable odds of 8% twins, 3% trips, and 2% quads. Or something close to that. Otherwise they have multiples way too much.

*pats Pescado on the head*

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Millie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 August 16, 21:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, my quads is set at 3%. Yet still, they come  Cheesy

I use ACR these days because I used to micro manage my sims. I got bored, and wanted something to give it all a little more oomph, and it gives them something else to do besides make lobster thermidor. I let them do as they please these days, resulting in many lulz.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 August 17, 00:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are the odds of twins with the Fertilinator bed?

I was having a grand old time using it, as it gets your sims knocked up on the first try every time, so I didn't have to do the Try Again, Try Again dance, but then when my sim kept popping out set after set of twins (without me realizing why the hell it was happening for a good several pregnancies), I had to buy a different bed.

I didn't mind too much, as this lady was the town founder, and I wanted her to have a vaginafull of kids, but it was startling before I put two and two together.
Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 August 17, 01:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, naturally Family is the favourite aspiration of the sheeple.
I never liked it. I always preferred knowledge, popularity and fortune ever since TS2 came out.

ETA:
How is babby formed?
how is babby formed
how girl get pragnent

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 August 17, 02:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are the odds of twins with the Fertilinator bed?
It doesn't touch twin odds.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 August 17, 02:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which version of the bed do you have? If it's mine then it's exactly the same chances as in Life Stories... damn near every time, if not all the time. Actually, I remember seeing the bhavs in Numenor's conversion for that too.

I think the only one that doesn't affect the twin odds is Bluesoup's but I've never played with it. It'd be really simple to change it so it doesn't though.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 August 17, 03:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-
Which version of the bed do you have? If it's mine then it's exactly the same chances as in Life Stories... damn near every time, if not all the time. Actually, I remember seeing the bhavs in Numenor's conversion for that too.
Life Stories.
Evarie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 August 17, 07:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This Free Time "perk" of increased chances of twins is driving me insane!

I restarted Pleasantview with the new computer (read: couldn't be bothered pulling ALL my files across from the old one) and when I went into the Broke house, set up the sims various perks.  Brandi, of course, is already pregnant (with ONE baby) at the start of things.  The next time I go into the house, Brandi has suddenly decided that in fact, she is having twins.  Twins Brady and Bobby were duly born.  Because they're both Brandi clones, they're the closest thing we can get to identical twins.

Anyway, days go by, she finally meets a nice single father by the name of Matt Riffraff, and his two daughters, Kayla and Layla.  After some effort Brandi and Matt tie the knot, and wouldn't you know it are off to the bedroom to conceive the next little Riffraff.

I checked the number of babies after hearing the lullabye.  One baby.

This made sense, because there's Brandi, Matt, teens Beau, Bobby, and Brady Broke, and Kayla and Layla Riffraff.  According to the world of the sims, there's only room for one more sim (and I don't have any hacks to change this).

Oh, no.  I went into the Broke-Riffraff house today and found that Brandi is once again expecting twins.

I SWEAR, on Brandi's grandmother's grave, there has been no cheesecake consumed or use of forcetwins.  I've never ever seen the number of babies change from one playsession to the next.

It's chaotic enough with 5 teens in the house who are nowhere near ready to go to college yet, this is just going to send my blood pressure through the roof!

Ugh.  I can't wait till that woman hits menopause.

You think that's bad. In my game, Brandi decided to have quads. Granted, I did inflict it upon myself with TJ's Triplets and Quads hack, but having 4 babies plus Beau and Dustin living in that tiny trailer was no walk in the park. Brandi was absolutely miserable; low fun, hunger, social, energy etc. Money was tight as Dustin was the only one working. In the end, the kids got taken away by the social worker while I was in the middle of age-transitioning them from toddler to child. Why? Because Beau's social was too low!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 August 17, 16:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's neglect...odd that it would be that low in a big family like that. I generally don't have to watch social at all. Where the quads still babies?

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
eccentricgnat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 August 17, 18:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"You think that's bad. In my game, Brandi decided to have quads....."

I haven't had the social worker come since using Simlogical's NoWelfare  mod.

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Childcare.htm

I haven't had it conflict with any mods from here or other places.
Evarie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 August 18, 08:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's neglect...odd that it would be that low in a big family like that. I generally don't have to watch social at all. Where the quads still babies?

Three of them had just transitioned into children and the last was still a toddler. I ended up having the Oldies raise them, thanks to Inge's teleporter shrub. Probably just as well since there really wasn't enough room in Brandi's trailer.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 August 21, 12:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I did sim surgeries on all my sims and funnily enough the first child Brandi had - wasnt a boy, but twin girls.  Just because I changed her makeup and did her clothes over, I didnt touch anything about her.

Brandi has always been fertile, I have noticed this before Free Time.  I changed all my sims with Family to Knowledge with a second aspiration of Family, because it was becoming too much.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: