More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:04:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Advanced Nudist Mod V 3.2.3 (Ready for Sims 2 Ultimate Collection)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Advanced Nudist Mod V 3.2.3 (Ready for Sims 2 Ultimate Collection)  (Read 110398 times)
sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Advanced Nudist Mod V 3.2.3 (Ready for Sims 2 Ultimate Collection)
« on: 2008 August 15, 22:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated Info 2016/04/12
I decided to Change the title. Even this mod was derived from Crammyboys Hack, it is much more then before - mor a kind of mod. So I changed the title and flagged with the new Hack Terror System :-)
Since Sims 2 UC I play from time to time again. A pity that EA decided to throw away the Simantic System with Sims 3 and >. Obviously Sims died for them now..... I ask me why ... No, not really. Sims 3 I played a few weeks and then threw away. Sims 4 I never touched. Cry
The good news: This mod seems to run smooth also with Sims 2 UC.

Many thanx to Crammyboy for this awesome hack. In no way I claim the idea for me, even this version contains a lot of new ideas.
Also many thanx to Blackwiddow who decided to maintain, when CrammyBoy seemed to be away and Bon Voyage came out.
Last but not least a big thanks to Quaxi, Inge & PL Jones for SimPE, without this awesome tool this would not have been possible.

1. New Controls
 If you open the Nudist Options menu, you will see it is categorized mainly in two sections, info & settings. Here is your central to manage all nudist ressources, even the signs. Available by simply clicking on your active Sim.

2. New Objects - The signs
it contains a set of three signs. With this you can define areas as nudist area. It is based on the type of sign. They are functional, not only decoration!
Commonly they have only the view command - but of course your Sims will react how expected, when he/she recognizes it is a Nudist area. An other aspect is the Influence to the Score Calculation. On a Nudist Area, the calculation gives 500 Points Base and adds simply the outgoing & playfullness. This means, only boring & introverted Sims prefer to stay clothed.
They also contain a "Magic". They are scanning regularly if any dressed Sims are on the Nudist area. If no naked Sim is found, one is chosen and performs the undress action - independent from "Autonomy Setting"! If a naked & a dressed Sim are found, the naked Sim demands the dressed Sim to get naked. The signs are limited to special areas of course to cover the different aspects.
  • The beach sign declares a beach as nude area, perfect for your vacation locations. On every other area it is useless!
  • The area sign declares either a whole Lot or the outside area only as nudist area. Can be combined with Room Signs. This configuring option (found under /Settings/Objects) only appears, if an area sign is found! Can be combined in Outside only mode with Room Signs
  • The third sign is the room sign. It is configurable - as well as the Area Sign - with the Nudist Options Menu as "Room" or "All the house". This means, you can have several nudist rooms in a house while all other places on the lot stay untouched. This setting affects all room signs on a lot - it would be pretty useless to configure one as "All over the house" and the other ones as "Room only"  Wink. This option (found under /Settings/Objects) only appears, if a room sign is found! It is limited to houses and works only inside. Placed in the garden it is useless!
    The signs can be found under Outside/Decoration - The room sign also  Wink

Additional Info for AL
On Apartment Lots Magic of Signs is disabled now. Sims can only change Settings for their own room signs and only if they are in their own apartment.

3. Completely reworked for Free Time - mostly also Apartment - but still compatible with BV only
If you miss actions that I should include, please post them here. Included are now the FT Actions Ballett, and some old "forgotten" ones, f.e. the Training at Radio...  Moreover many small reworks are included, allmost each clothing change now calls the "Check if Sim wants to be naked" routine. Also I fixed a lot of strange change clothes behaviour. Example: For me it is not natural if a Sims is naked in the House, then wants to perform Tai Chi, leaves the house, dresses to outerwear - as he/she notice it is deep snow outside and then undresses to Perform Tai Chi Action. I hope I could figure out most of this really silly clothing Change performances. Let me know if you find any, please.
Included Now
- Hot Spring, Sauna, Massage (all for teens enabled, if they were not before) - Please remove all Hacks relating these interactions (Naked Sauna, Naked Sunbathe, Naked Massage etc...) they are conflicting and not needed with nudist hack.
- Log Roll, Soccer, Basketball and almost all other Sports

4. Nudism for the whole family
This is done for natural reason. If you feel offended through nude-pixels, please don't use this hack. Who believes naked PIXEL children are not convenient, please don't use this hack. I will not discuss this further, everybody has the right of it's own meaning.

5. New Calculation
You can choose between out of two configurations, default & Crammyboy's method. Two of the new features (nudist area, threshold tweaking) work with both calculation methods. I implemented the possibility to raise/lower threshold during the game. In this way you can find a balance fitting to your taste on a lot base. All changed settings will be saved in the objects and are resetted by the "Reset all objects" option.

Additional Info for Apartment Life
On Apartment Lots a different Calculation is used. Personality, Weather & Nighttime works as before, but other Sims depends on the following factors
  • Sim is in Apartment - Only Sims in Apartment count
  • Sim is outside or in Community Room - All Sims on the Lot count
  • Alone in a room bonus isn't granted outside or in community rooms

Additional Info for Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
None. The same rules as with Apartment Life with all Expansions (Of course also Mansion Stuff)

6. Packages
Nudist Core - Contains the self interactions, the settings, the calculation routines and the display functions. It is used by all other packages.
Social Controller - Contains the Social actions (Whenever you click on another Sim). Is called by the signs to start the demand to get naked action.
Social Interactions - An instance of this type is created whenever a Sim starts a nudist - related social interaction with an other Sim
Hacked BHavs - This contains mainly the changed dress / undress game-bhavs - I extracted them in a separate package, so this is the mainly EP dependent part - theoretical it is optional  Cool
Nudist Emitter - This IS optional. I haven't completely configured out how it can be controlled - it stayed almost as it was delivered by Crammyboy.
The Signs - See description above - Tried to find tasteful & funny pictures for them fitting to the intention of this hack, to include natural nudity behaviour in this game.

The version info can allways be get by nudist options/ info / system.

Compatibility
Contains J.M. Pescados Vacation Fix for Sunbathe, so if you use it, load J.M.'s hack BEFORE Nudist.
With Inteenimator I have not tested, I downloaded the newest version and found only 4 conflicting BHAVs, don't believe it harms if they are replaced by Nudist BHAVs.
Nudist Hack contains the same behaviour relating Hot Tub - Teens will get naked, reguradless to the age of already bathing Sims. I would try to load inteenimator before Nudist Hack.
If you find incompatibilities or conflicting hacks (hack detection scanner), please report then I can take a look
Some bed semi-globals are changed (sleep naked, naked wohoo) - so care these will be loaded last to work properly (f.e. after danny's packages) - for me it works good.
Hint The clothing-change globals (029C) are NOT touched in this Hack, the functionality depends on properly working globals, please think for that when you use hacks that change this routines. Only very slight changes to bed semi-globs relating sleep naked and naked wohhoo.

Allways back up your game before installing new hacks! In no case I will take any responsibility for damaged games.

Installation
Please remove the old nudist hack completely!!!
Best you do the stuff in an own folder inside of the download folder, so you can manage also the order of loading the objects, if you use pescado's bv hack for example, make it so:
folder ./downloads/001 - here goes J.Ms Hack
folder ./downloads/002 - here goes NUDIST

The bad news:
This hack needs allmost all Expansion Packs, at least Seasons, Nightlife & Bon Voyage - with Uni & Ofb I am not sure.....
No further downgrade compatibility planned!

All comments & feedback are welcome, please post all your questions here.

HAVE FUN  Cheesy

Additional Info
As there is no readme (except description about), I will put short infos to the menu points/work flow here by request.

Work Flow
Sims will get naked / dressed based on different aspects except the score.
- By social Interaction - autonomical(when enabled) and/or user driven
- By Naked Emitter, when different conditions are fulfilled (Privacy)
- By Magic of Signs, if you want to see how they work, put a room sign in a students dorm, enable "All in the house" and watch the game for a few game-hours  Roll Eyes
- Of course you can still tell them to get naked/dressed
- Normally (except the signs) social interactions are limited to sims in the same room . This I did, because Sims in autonomous mode tended to cross half the lot to ask a person to get dressed, even the Sim was on a nudist beach. to handle this I came to this Idea. Why should a Sim ask somebody else to get nude / dressed if the person is in another room ?

Autonomy
This means, your Sims will ask to be naked / get dressed autonomously.

Special Remarks to AL
After digging the whole day in AL Stuff I found that the sign concept isn't so badly incompatible as I feared first. An important point is that the inventory from any other apartment is completely invisible to the current apartment - except the Sim visits the other Apartment. this means, if you place a room sign with effect all over the house into an apartment x, then leaving and playing another apartment y, the room sign from apartment x doesn't exist any more.
So you can setup a sign in an apartment for all the house and it isn't a problem any more. I cancelled out the sign activities for now, as these still would push the sims all in the house to undress & demand each other to undress when you play the apartment with the room sign. For nudist camps you still need to go in build mode and place the sign outside - best as long as the apartment has no inhabitants.
For now I would advice not to use other signs then room signs on apartment lots. but the mode (room/house) doesn't matter.
Soon I will deliver a better Nudist Core taking care of the changed demands. Also some small glitches should be gone then. Thanks for your feedback & Error Reports.  
If you experience strange problems you could try to play without the naked Emitter and look if it's then better. The Emitter doesn't do much but changes the shoo behaviour and causes frequently demands to dress or willing to be naked. all in all it has no big effect on nudist hack if you play with or without.

The downloads - Part One
Nudist Core                    -  Version 3.2.3 updated 20080908
Nudist Social Controller     -  Version 3.0.4 updated 20080824
Nudist Social Interactions  -  Version 3.0.3 updated 20080824
Nudist Hacked BHAVs      -  Version 3.2.6 updated 20080919

Other Downloads in Post Two

* Nudist_Social_Interactions_303.zip (12.05 KB - downloaded 5713 times.)
* Nudist_Social_Controller_304.zip (3.55 KB - downloaded 5325 times.)
* Nudist_Core_323.zip (16.83 KB - downloaded 5288 times.)
* Nudist_Hacked_BHAVs_326.zip (21.47 KB - downloaded 5004 times.)
« Last Edit: 2016 April 12, 15:17:42 by sigi » Logged
sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Nudist Hack V 3.2.6 - Second Post
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 15, 22:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update History
2008.08.16 - Found the signs forced sleeping Sims to get out of the bed - a real ugly behaviour  Undecided  - fixed with Signs 1.0.1 and SC 3.0.1
2008.08.20 - A major Update, relates ALL modules - Please download again! Important! Perform a "Reset All Objects" after installing
- Improved Weather Routine - Sims refuse to get undressed outside when temperature falls under 0 degrees
- Exceptions from this are bathing (springs, hottub, pool, ocean & massage
- Implemented new calculation routine (default)
now it is much harder to reach the naked threshold! it performs mainly on outgoing & playfullness. secondary objects are the motives, depending on the sims personality. for example: if a sim is fit, that scores - aren't we all a bit exhibitionist if we are proud on our well-figured body Smiley . another example: when a sim is very  neat - the neat doesn't score but the motives environment & hygiene - the more neat, the more it counts - if the sim is very sloppy, it doesn't count. the motives are logical (in my understanding) connected.
another aspect is the weather - the more hot it becomes, the more the sim tends to undress
nightime scores as before
the last aspect is other sims/location - other sims count, nude sims count, privacy counts.... it is expanded through another thing, the quality of the zodiac of the sim. this gives special boni. qualities are kardinal, fix & changeable - kardinal sims don't care if other sims are near, fix sims don't care if inside or outside, changeble sims want to be nice with everybody - they get the attraction bonus.
- removed show personality from menu selection, as it was used only for development of calculation  Wink
- fixed several smaller glitches
- sims change to daily outfit now, when they had dressed from gymnastic to naked before - no more síms in gymnastic dress running around everywhere
- improved Crammyboy's calculating routine to take care of nudist areas and to take the threshold from manual settings
2008.08.23 - Fixed a bug relating the diving board.
2008.08.24 - Fixes 2 more bugs in bhav routines but mainly a tuning upgrade - one part relates the signs: now they are much less offensive in interrupting your sims. implemented a random choice to select performing sim, another random routine to perform an undress or a demand to undress action - chance 4:1 for undress action. further tuning relating the weather - now your naked score won't drop to zero if it is night time and your sim doesn't feel too cold. other tuning relates beloved / attractive sims / beeing alone - raised the scoring for better balance.
As allways - feedback is welcome and if you detect an error check if you really have downloaded the ACTUAL version (Adjust/Info/System). The version is only shown correctly, if you performed a reset all objects after upgrading the files!  
2008.08.24 2nd Update
  • Area Sign 1.0.4 - now can be configured for "Outside only" to allow nude-free houses, remeber the threshold to tweak. Important: Requires NC 3.1.3 and SC 3.0.4
  • Nudist Controller 3.1.3 - Expanded for Signs 1.0.4, changed Menu from "Adjust" to "Nudist Options" (Requested)
  • Social Controller 3.0.4 - Expanded for Signs 1.0.4
  • BHavs 3.1.5 - heavily expanded, included now many more sport actions (log rolling, basketball, soccer, jogging and some more)
2008.08.25 - Improved Weather Routine - Now the sims won't dress so often in Summer nights. Then found a bug in the Score calculation relating other sims. Also a little fix in BHAVs.  
2008.08.30 - updated BHAVs for Apartment Life (AL). Now Version 3.2.0. Only little adjustments where necessary relating vibration beds & Woohoo noise. Still compatible with only BV
2008.08.30 - sorry, forgot to include the vibrate menu option in BHAVs 3.2.0 - Please download 3.2.1!
Extra Notice Even the signs are compatible, their effect isn't completely to calculate yet on apartment lots - So please don't use them there for now!
2008.08.30 - Very Small Signs Fix - Stops the described activity effect on Apartment Lots - they affect only the score there. As the score calculation effect is in nudist core, nude points are still given by area sign & room sign. to fix this for now, you should use only "Single Room" for room sign & "Outside only" for Area Signs. Better solution will come.....  
2008.08.31 - Here is the new Core Module Nudist Controller 3.2.0 with several updates for AL - also some fixes. Also a slightly improved BHavs BHavs 3.2.2- no fixes, but cancelled out some unneccessary strings - what isn't there mustn't be updated  Wink
2008.09.01 - Released BHavs 3.2.3. An ugly bug for users of Pre-Al version was reported. Found that Eaxis changed the EP Checking with AL - Included this in BHAVs & fixed a missing check for EP in Cuddle routine.
Please don't use the BHAV versions 3.2.0 to 3.2.2 when you don't own AL - Those will causes badly breaks. Sorry for inconvenience and thanks for reporting
Second Fix - Updated Nudist Core to Nudist Controller 3.2.1. Fixed a wrong menu placement of Threshold in other language versions then US English & German. Please consider, I am playing German version, so I am dependent on your feedback as I cannot afford to pay a personal QM  Grin
Note relating Signs: for now they are dependent on BHAVs, as they don't can make the EP check correct and will break in pre-al game versions without installed bhavs 3.2.3

2008.09.02 - Guess finally I found the solution for players who don't own AL. The problem was, that AL uses two new variables - one of these is used for checking the new EP Packs.... Seems Eaxis didn't design for more then all in all 16 EP (SPs included). So they ran in the problem of using up all 16 Bits for EPs/SPs up to IKEA. The problem is, checking for the new variable breaks, as a testing on a non-existing variable allways causes an error.
So I removed the EP Check again in BHAVs 3.2.4 and imported the global 404 that makes EP Check in a new package called AL-Emulator..... Grin This means, if you don't have AL, you have to install the AL-Emulator. If you have AL DON'T download and install. it is hacked so, that nothing wrong will happen, but the EP Check for AL allways will fail - so again DONT USE AL-EMULATOR IF YOU OWN AL. Should you buy AL later, simply delete the AL Emulator. Don't forget to download new BHAV's or it will not work.
2008.09.06 - Fixed weather routine in Core Module. Now the score is set to zero correct again, when the weather outside is cold and the sim ist outside - excepts he/she plans a bathing action, then the score counts normal.  
2008.09.08 Updated Nudist Core 3.2.3 and Signs 1.0.6 - Signs now have Option to disable auto-undress. Made this feature for situations when auto-undress isn't wanted. Menu can be found under Nudist Options/Settings/Objects. Getting naked then works as earlier without signs, fe when Sims start a sport action or any clothing change where the check for naked routine is called. However, the bonus for nudist place is still given of course. So it is easier to use special signs for special clothes in non-nudist areas by raising the threshold and using this feature. It is necessary to use Core & signs together from this update, as core with old signs will cause an error. So please only use signs 1.0.6 with core >= 3.2.3!
2008.09.08 Updated BHAVs to 3.2.5. Little fixes relating weather calculation for some BHAVs. Normally Sims shouldn't undress when the coldness threshold is reached. Exceptions are bathing-actions. Hopefully Sims don't perform changing to swimsuit from naked if other conditions are fullfilled, even when the weather outside is cold. Normally it worked, but two actions were forgotten. Thanks GalenZ for reporting.
2008.09.19 BHAVs Update to 3.2.6 - Fixed naked Woohoo & added Jogging.
2009.06.05 Update Emitter - This will be the last update for Nudist. Finally this beast will work correct. In origin it exchanged the reaction of people and own behaviour of sims relating nudity in rooms. Now it's working smooth and will make many things obsolete relating autonomy. Crammys mistake had been (for programmers) a branch - simply said the yes and no decision where exchanged. I improved also many of the routines. I did this already last year but forgot to upload here Smiley. So for Sims 2 mods I say: Goodbye & Have fun Smiley

Please perform a "Reset All Objects" after replacing packages on each lot!

Downloads Part Two

Nudist Naked Emitter - Version 3.2.1   updated 20090605
Nudist Signs -             Version 1.0.6   updated 20080908
Nudist AL-Emulator      20080902   urgently required if you don't own AL or Mansion & Garden - don't use it in any other case!!
Nudist BHavs              Version 3.2.7   updated 20100526 use this if your last EP is Bon Voyage

* Nudist_AL_Emulator.zip (0.28 KB - downloaded 2382 times.)
* Nudist_Signs_106.zip (255.74 KB - downloaded 3585 times.)
* Nudist_Naked_Emitter_Opt_321.zip (2.42 KB - downloaded 2676 times.)
* Nudist_Hacked_BHAVs_327.zip (22.81 KB - downloaded 1988 times.)
« Last Edit: 2010 May 26, 19:22:14 by sigi » Logged
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Nudist Hack V 3.0.0
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 15, 22:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this update, looking forward to seeing how it works with FT. Smiley

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 15, 22:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome  Smiley
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 15, 23:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

seem great sigi tomorow will try, today already i start the take soooo long starting again ( i have a lot of CC   Grin

thinking better is more awesome than i, i will test today  Grin
« Last Edit: 2008 August 15, 23:23:34 by edespino » Logged

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 16, 00:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i test it, no for long time but no problem for now. I have all exp almost stuff pack, the inteen and insim mostly J.M. Pescado and twojeff and alot others hacks.

i love the option of adjust the threhold

what mean with autonomy Huh for redress Huh? i see autonomous get naked

so could be great if put all info in a readme and more detail about the varialbles i see you count the temp other thing crammyboy dont

thank you for hack.

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
raynuss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Nudist Hack V 3.0.0 (Updated 20080816)
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 19, 13:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this work if you don't have Freetime?  I really like what you've done to improve on Crammyboy's hack but I only have expansions up to BV.
sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Nudist Hack V 3.0.0 (Updated 20080816)
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 19, 17:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Ray,

reworked for BV compatibility (of course FT still works correctly)
« Last Edit: 2008 August 21, 22:05:59 by sigi » Logged
raynuss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Nudist Hack V 3.1.1 (Updated *20080821*)
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 23, 01:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks soooooo much for making it BV compatible.  I never expected you to make the effort and I was verrry pleasantly surprised when I checked in on this thread.  Again, thank you very much.  You're great! Smiley
jadama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 23, 07:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, sigi, thank you so much for taking on this.  I use to have this elder couple that came home from work, got naked (thanks to Crammy's) and hit the hookah.  I missed that. Cheesy

I am having a problem, though, with diving boards.  Either a directed or autonomous sim jumps out of the dive interaction.  The error log is attached.

Thank you again.

jason

[attachment deleted by admin]
sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 23, 08:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your feedback!
@ray - it was only a fair effort, as i accidently discovered how J.M. resolved this problem very smart in his vacationfixes. so it was a pleasure for me to take care of your wishes.

@jadama - thanks for the report & the log. Fixed in BHavs 3.1.3!

I would like to encourage ALL to give me feedback - thank you is welcome, but more necessary for me is feedback relating bugs & game behaviour! I cannot play much as long as the hack still is in the development stage. So I need the players (you) mainly to tell me what is less good or buggy. for example i discovered a bad behaviour with the signs myself - it is much to offensive in the current state - i can't imagine you like this very much, when currently interactions are so frequently interrupted by demanding some else to get naked - maybe this happens mainly on community lots - at least i don't like this behaviour  Wink.
I am just resolving this - this should be an example what i mean when i ask you to report feedback.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 23, 08:46:33 by sigi » Logged
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Nudist Hack V 3.1.1 (Updated *20080823*)
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 23, 10:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, designated areas are appreciated.

By the way, might I request anti-nudist equivalents of the signs which will make it more difficult to get naked (so that only the most dedicated ones will decide to appear in that room naked and will constantly be annoyed by the clothed sims to put something on) with area-specific settings (room, house, beach) cancelling out the lot-wide ones? The room and beach signs couls also have a neutral equivalent to cancel out the effects of both extremes.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 24, 09:29:43 by Fat D » Logged

sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Nudist Hack V 3.1.2 (Updated *20080824*)
« Reply #12 on: 2008 August 24, 13:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Fat D,

thanks for your feedback. I am not sure if I got completely what you mean  Smiley
Let us discuss the single points:
1. The anti-nude room signs, for example restaurants on nudist areas where clothing seems to be more convenient. This could be done through a counterpart to the room signs - mode would be necessary the same as the nudist room signs - either all (nudist/anti-nudist) single room or all the house - in that way we could cancel out area signs in inside areas. To allow conflicting settings is hard to handle, but I will think about.
On the other hand, another area sign with only outdoor effect might be the better solution - this could be done very easy similar to the beachsign.
2. With the beach sign I don't understand what you mean - they affect only the beach, when sims run around on other places naked, that's because naked sims scores - you should raise the threshold for that lot so, that only your most outgoing sims reach the threshold. But maybe I should cancel out naked sims on mixed areas from scoring. However, I don't get the sense of an anti-nudist beach sign. On normal beaches - simply raise the threshold of that lot.

Mainly the tweaking is intended to be done with the threshold setting. 
I guess you don't mix up area signs with any other nudist signs ? The only combination in moment that makes sense is beach sign & room sign.

Please tell me if i got what you meant or make the remaining points clearer.

Thank you
« Last Edit: 2008 August 24, 13:55:25 by sigi » Logged
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 August 24, 14:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking about a seperate type of area. So far there are two types - nudist and neutral. When Sims are in a nudist area, they are encouraged to get naked, when they are in a neutral area, they stay the way they are depending on their score in relation to the threshold. What I was thinking about was adding a third type of area, a textile area so to speak. When in the textile area, Sims have their score severely reduced and clothed sims will ask naked sims to put on clothes.
One would be able to mark the entire lot a nudist area (nude sign), neutral area (no sign) or textile area (textile sign). Now if one would like to have the road and the park textile while the beach is clothing-optional, one would put a textile area sign and a neutral beach sign on the lot and lower the threshold. Say there should also be a nude-only disco on the lot, being the only building there - put a nudist sign configured to entire house on the lot as well. If the sims are indoors, they will be highly encouraged to get naked, if they are on the beach, they will be naked  depending on whether they feel like it and if they are out in public, they will be forced to wear clothes. Let us add a clothing-optionl side-room to the nude disco as well, by putting a neutral room sign into it.

logic tree would be like this (I have included the garden sign, which is an excellent idea to simplify building):
0: indoors? true:1 false:7
1: nude sign in room? true: nude false: 2
2: neutral sign in room? true: neutral false: 3
3: textile sign in room? true: textile false: 4
4: nude sign configured to house on lot? true: nude false: 5
5: neutral sign configured to house on lot? true: neutral false: 6
6: textile sign configured to house on lot? true: textile false: e
7: on beach? true: 8 false: b
8: nude beach sign on lot? true: nude false: 9
9: neutral beach sign on lot? true: neutral false: a
a: textile beach sign on lot? true: textile false: e
b: nude garden sign on lot? true: nude false: c
c: neutral garden sign on lot? true: neutral false: d
d: textile garden sign on lot? true: textile false: e
e: nude area sign on lot? true: nude false: f
f: textile area sign on lot? true: textile false: neutral

lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 August 24, 15:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a small request.... Could the stuff under "Adjust..." be moved to something like "Adjust.../Naked..." ?

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 August 24, 16:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Changed Adjust to Nudist Options. Will come with next update - Take a look at version history.
I am playing german version, so i thought "adjust" would be ok - so had crammyboy named it. but of course maybe other functions might have also "adjust" menu - don't know, never see the english menus Smiley
sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 August 24, 17:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Fat D,

thanks for the detailed description.
will think about your idea - but if i do it will make a complete redesign necessary, even the algorithm you gave is clear. in the moment the parts are weaved together extremely, so that even little changes cause changes over several modules.
example the room sign:
first check is in the main calculation routine (Nudist Core) - here your algorithm could be implemented best. But the signs beaviour make it a bit more complicated - the sign scans all 30 minutes for eligible sims. each sign has different checks, room sign checks - dependent from setting - if sims are in it's effect area. if you have several room signs, each does it for itself. the room sign checks - if settings is in the room, how many dressed, naked sims are in the same room - if effect is all the house it's pretty more easy. if i check for other sign types conditions, it makes the scan algorithm much more complicated and is to be done everywhere - and each time different.
you can take a look with simpe in the sign algorithm, then you see what i mean...
but that's not all:
when the scan finds eligible sim, an interaction is pushed that starts another scanning routine in the social controller for eligible sims - here i should make the checking again - and again each sign type has it's own routine - dependend from result, a social interaction (demand to get naked) is pushed again.

I am not sure if I will do this, honestly speaking, but maybe I will try to build a dressing counterpart for the room sign to check the amount of work.

What I did - and it needed 3 hours - was improving the area sign to have two modes "All Area" and "Outside only" - maybe that's a compromize for now  Smiley

Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 August 24, 17:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, the "have sim A tell sim B to wear outfit C in room D with configuration E" part makes it difficult. I am happy with the current version and like that you made it in the first place (thnks again), but it would be great to have this features and I thank you for looking into it. Will "outside" include the beach?
By the way, I have found that sims sometimes tend to have their score dropped on a nudist area lot outside after somebody undresses on the lot. This bug has been reproducible in yesterday's version, but still pops up irregularly in the most recent one first one released today.
The problem with adjust.../ is that other modders have used adjust.../hack name.../ for their own mods (the Richard-adding mod by Crammyboy or 2Jeff's visitor controller, for example).
« Last Edit: 2008 August 24, 18:05:08 by Fat D » Logged

sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Nudist Hack V 3.1.3 (Updated *20080824*)
« Reply #18 on: 2008 August 24, 18:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, outside includes the beach Smiley
the beach is somewhat special, because all ouside (including beach, except ocean & street) has room number zero - so i use a lua (object on beach) to determine - but with area sign in any case you include it.

with that bug i will have a look into... thanks for reporting

BTW - are you shure it depends on undressing of another sim ? I was tweaking with the outside temperature - at first i added body temp & outside temperature. but then i remarked that even in the hot summer at night the temperature drops to -20 on the other hand, even if the tempearture drops only to -3, the sims body temp can fall under -20, because of the delta. so on whole nudist areas only 500 + outgoing + playfullness is the score - except the temperature, reaching the lower threshold causes the score dropping to zero - other sims, either naked or dressed, don't count. if the temperature (body & sim) is to low, the nude score zeroes. so i want to make clear that not that's the reason. i don't think sims want to run around naked when they feel cold - even on nudist areas.  (i found nothing in the calculation routine yet, every naked sims on lot scores - until 300, more isn't possible - but an heavy additional extra bonus is given for naked sims in the same room .....   but as i said - this isn't count on nudist area

The interesting aspect i discovered, that temperature protection is given also through normal outfit - outerwear helps with extreme temperatures, but a naked sim outside get's always cold - a normal dressed sim not Smiley - even in the hot summer the night temperature falls to -20.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 24, 19:28:02 by sigi » Logged
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 August 24, 20:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sims were in midbar green when that happened, and it was non-winter noon.

sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 August 24, 22:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Midbar becomes blue when body temp already under -30 ! when it's summer , outside temperature falls to -20. if you wait long enough (what i don't do) the sim's temperature falls under -40 and the bar comes to blue. The body temperature don't fall under -30 in summer. i cancel already when sims & outside added falls under -40 - that you cannot see with the bars. maybe it's a bit unfair but i don't work with the bar but with the numbers from the game variables that you normally never see  Wink somehow i had to decide where to make the threshold - started with 0 (allways both temperatures added) - then came very fast to -20 - what also was too less. now i wait until both together falls under -40. the problem is, that the sims temperature can fall easily far under outside temperature. if i make it too low, simmies will start to run around naked in the winter  Smiley
maybe i will make the coldness threshold configurable - then your sims can become blue on meter if you prefer this as indicator....
However, maybe a little fine tuning might still have to be done - in any case, your feedback is very welcome !
You can use my developer version of nc to see what i described - it contains an additional info menu to personality including temperatures (ouside & body) & scoring from the modules. those numbers from personality & other sims are divided with special factors to calculate naked threshold.
Another option is to use Crammyboy's Calculation if you don't feel comfortable with this - here the weather doesn't count, but it is compatible with the signs & uses the manual configured thresholds .
« Last Edit: 2008 August 31, 07:31:35 by sigi » Logged
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 August 25, 11:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sheep'd
I will try this.

sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Nudist Hack V 3.1.4 (Updated *20080825*)
« Reply #22 on: 2008 August 25, 19:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So - hope now the balance fit's - Please try it out.

I decided against the realization of neutral & dressed signs for several reasons
- it becomes too complex, as I described above. How should I handle conflicting situations like a nude sign with "all over the house" contra a dressed sign with the same settings ?
- spots in a larger area would be a possibility to describe priorizations like nudist area includes neutral area includes room spots.... but as i said very complex to handle in the momentary design which is competely conflict free - but nevertheless already with a middle degree of complexity Smiley
- when i think how often sims wonder around on a lot so changing the effect area of given signs.......

Considered the estimated amount of work & the debugging phase in comparison to the raise of fun in normal gameplay I will not take it in my "To Do", sorry. - Even it is a very nice idea Smiley

Kindly regards
« Last Edit: 2008 August 25, 20:41:30 by sigi » Logged
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 August 28, 05:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, is this good to go for AL?
sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 August 28, 15:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't have AL yet - so it is on you to try it out. I'll wait for an working QA Version of SIMPE for AL before I will care take of it.
Guess shouldn't be a problem, IF they don't come with new things in BHAVs like with FT or BV.

But as always - keep allways a fresh backup of your neighborhood - I do so allways, even more before I install a new EP. Last time I deinstalled the EP and waited for the first patch before i went on with playing ft - too often eaxis messed all up all with new eps..... 

« Last Edit: 2008 August 28, 15:49:17 by sigi » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: