More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 12:30:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Has anyone been able to help poor Jane?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Has anyone been able to help poor Jane?  (Read 32745 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Has anyone been able to help poor Jane?
« on: 2005 November 03, 19:50:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just been playing SimState yet again, and I've replayed the Brights yet again, and I still come up with the same problem, poor Jane Stacks, no matter how many skill points she gets, can't fill the meter as it seems permanently stuck at the bottom until I send her to take her exam, at which point of course, she gets put on Academic Probation which is totally undeserved!  I've tried messing around in SimPE, but haven't come up with anything that works!

Really pisses me off - I've bone idle sims who don't want to do anything but sit in a hot-tub all day, and they graduate Summa Cum Laude, but Jane tries so hard!  And even though Allegra and Martin work hard too, they never seem to get full marks.

So I wondered, has anyone found a foolproof way to get them all the Graduated with Honors memory?  (I don't mind cheating to beat Maxis cheating, but I'd like them to actually get the final exam grade themselves!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Has anyone been able to help poor Jane?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 03, 20:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just been playing SimState yet again, and I've replayed the Brights yet again, and I still come up with the same problem, poor Jane Stacks, no matter how many skill points she gets, can't fill the meter as it seems permanently stuck at the bottom until I send her to take her exam, at which point of course, she gets put on Academic Probation which is totally undeserved!  I've tried messing around in SimPE, but haven't come up with anything that works!

Really pisses me off - I've bone idle sims who don't want to do anything but sit in a hot-tub all day, and they graduate Summa Cum Laude, but Jane tries so hard!  And even though Allegra and Martin work hard too, they never seem to get full marks.

So I wondered, has anyone found a foolproof way to get them all the Graduated with Honors memory?  (I don't mind cheating to beat Maxis cheating, but I'd like them to actually get the final exam grade themselves!)
Sim PE neighbohood memory it allows you to edit your sims memories permanently. but be sure to also go to the sim browser and get the stats changed on the Uni Tab of the sim you want to change roll the gradepoint average to 4.0 and  type  # 8 in the semester box to take final exam roll the time left in semester to 1 hour and commit changes  reenter uni and send sim to final exam if you do it this way  ie have sim take the final exam you wont need to edit the meory if they have already graduated the full steps are necessary

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 03, 20:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, that's basically what I tried to do, but at the earlier stage, when they've just moved in.  I can't see why, when I've had sims whose grade has fallen to 3.5 do well in the next exam and go back up to 4.0, these three seem fated to only gain between 0.1 and0.3 per semester!  It's definitely been fiddled, and I wish they wouldn't do that kind of thing!  I wouldn't mind if they did it to really horrible, nasty sims, but these three just don't deserve it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 03, 20:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried TwoJeff's college adjuster? It allows you to set semester, semester grade, and GPA from within the game.

I also remember one of my sims once having the problem where her bar just wouldn't increase... this was a random townie I had sent to college. I don't think I bothered trying to get her to work as I stopped playing that neighborhood soon after, but I have to wonder if it's something wrong with the sim, or with the lot or something.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 03, 21:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Renatus, I'll try that.  I think it's the sim herself who's got something wrong, as I tried putting them all into a new house and nothing changed!  When I tried to change everything in SimPE, it actually made it worse!  In the case of the Brights, I do think they were deliberately made so that this would happen, but in some cases I think it's maybe just a sporadic fault. 

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 04, 01:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just did a fresh install recently and did not play with them yet, I will check to see if they are stuck in my game too and let you know.  I did play her in the past but never really notice anything wrong with her.
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 04, 01:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are fine in my game, apart from the fact they don't have a 4.0 GPA when you start playing them. Jane graduated and now has a job as a Technical Sales Rep. in a custom career (sharing an apartment with Dr. Ivy Copur). Just got to fnd her a decent mate for her LTW.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 04, 01:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I always manage to graduate them all, just not with honours, which seems a bit unfair since they have all the necessary skills and everything!

Renatus, your advice worked, the college Adjuster sorted them all out!

A further update, which I tried to post earlier, then lost my post as the server was overloaded or something.  After I upgraded the Brights I decided to refurbish their old house (20 Peanut Street) and when I went to click on the front door, the whole thing just crashed.   Reloaded the game, and the front door crashed the game again!  (Basic Maxis white stained glass front door that was the original for the house, not a download - in fact, there were very few downloads in the house.)  I've bulldozed the lot now so I don't forget and try moving more sims in!  Perhaps if someone else is playing that lot and tries to delete the front door and has the same problem, they could let me know, as I don't know whether it's some kind of problem with my game, or if it's general.  (I suspect it's not my game, as I've had the problem with the Brights in previous installations, including vanilla ones.)

Oh, and Baddmark - she and Martin Ruben have three lightning bolts for each other, as do Allegra and Casto Nova.  Just thought it might help!
« Last Edit: 2005 November 04, 02:09:36 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 04, 02:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, you see, I didn't get academic probation, the meter was full. Just no chance of getting top GPA.

I've pretty much decided to get those two together when he graduates, but she's chatting to any single guys that she meets "just in case".  Wink

The two Greek houses I've not bothered with much. The constant wandering off to get yet another pizza when I want them to skill up or do something else wound me up!  Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 04, 02:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Greek houses are a pain!  They don't seem to want to do anything but eat pizza!

The problem I had with Jane was that when I first play the house, I can't get any of Jane's skill points to actually move the meter up to the top, and if she does an assignemnt or writes her term paper, I keep getting the stupid message about she needs to get more skill points.  I reached the point where jane has about level five in every skill, wwhich is far more than necessary at that level, but the meter was just corrupted and wouldn't fill up!  Thanks to Renatus, I've been able to push her grade up, and thanks to SimPE she no longer has the bad memories, but I know if I play the house again, the same thing will happen.  Maybe there's a fault on my CD!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 04, 04:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just played with Jane and I must say it is something in your game since I bought a chess table for the needed logic point she needs and right after she gain that skill the meter went up to full length.  I made her do 2 assignment and the meter was almost full after she done the second one.

The other 2 residents had the same result, so all 3 have a full meter lenght that can be fill normally. 

Also, I deleted the front door of that house and replace it with no problem at all.  I don't know if it is related to your problems or not since I did not experience that problem in my game so I could not reproduce it.  Maybe a custom recolor of that door as corrupted the lot ? Undecided

Sorry to say, it seems like something is wrong in your game, I would suggest right from the start you load the lot and play 2 sec (we don't have a choice if we want to move them) and then move them into another house to see if this will happen again.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 04, 04:51:38 by Missdoh » Logged
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 04, 05:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Basic Maxis white stained glass front door that was the original for the house, not a download - in fact, there were very few downloads in the house.)

Zephyr, I'm betting you have the new set from 4ESF in your game. It causes a crashing problem with the Chiclettina door.  I had found this out a few days ago, and was informed today that the door has now been updated.  Haven't tried replacing it in my game yet though.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 04, 08:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mokey, thanks, I do have the set in my game although I haven't used it yet - but I may have had the doors menu open at the time I tried to click on the door!  However, I've had the problem with Jane and her meter for a long time, so that's being caused by something else!  (And it's happened when there haven't been any downloads in my game at all, so I think it is definitely the CD that isn't installing that family correctly!  Can't think what else can have caused it!)

Thanks, Missdoh, for taking the trouble to check them for me!  I think I'll have to try a new install if the problem persists, but if it's the CD itself, I suppose I just have to live with the problem or buy another CD!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 04, 14:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Missdoh, for taking the trouble to check them for me!  I think I'll have to try a new install if the problem persists, but if it's the CD itself, I suppose I just have to live with the problem or buy another CD!

It was no problem at all, before you do reinstall, it is worth a shot to move them in a new house right from the start.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 04, 15:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when I move neighbourhoods and put in a new university campus, I'll try it - just move them straight out and into another house before I even play them!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 04, 16:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no problem graduating any of these Sims, so I don't think they're set-up.  Jane & Martin have 3 bolts for each other in my game too - just as well as they've been together since Uni and even had their twins while they were still there.  One of these days I'll remember to get them married. Allegra & Castor also have 3 bolts for each other - they're together in my game as well.  Just as well their son resurrected his poor mother after she dropped dead giving birth to him, or they'd never have experienced 3-bolt true love.

I've also got Kevin Beare & Tiffany Sampson together with 3 bolts, althouth I'm not at all pleased with Tiffany.  While I was playing another Sim on a downtown lot, she and Jackson Ruben got it together and ended-up falling in love in front of everybody.  They were making-out and all sorts.  Wouldn't mind, but she only has one bolt for him.  Both of them have only been married a short while and have new babies and Tiffany is Family into the bargain.  Jackson is married to the former townie Andrea Hogan and if she find out about this she'll rip Tiffany's eyes out.  She dioesn't take kindly to being thwarted in love.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 04, 17:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no problem graduating any of these Sims, so I don't think they're set-up.  Jane & Martin have 3 bolts for each other in my game too - just as well as they've been together since Uni and even had their twins while they were still there.  One of these days I'll remember to get them married. Allegra & Castor also have 3 bolts for each other - they're together in my game as well.  Just as well their son resurrected his poor mother after she dropped dead giving birth to him, or they'd never have experienced 3-bolt true love.

I've also got Kevin Beare & Tiffany Sampson together with 3 bolts, althouth I'm not at all pleased with Tiffany.  While I was playing another Sim on a downtown lot, she and Jackson Ruben got it together and ended-up falling in love in front of everybody.  They were making-out and all sorts.  Wouldn't mind, but she only has one bolt for him.  Both of them have only been married a short while and have new babies and Tiffany is Family into the bargain.  Jackson is married to the former townie Andrea Hogan and if she find out about this she'll rip Tiffany's eyes out.  She dioesn't take kindly to being thwarted in love.
Strange how sims do the unexpected huh? I have a pop sim who thinks married sims  are *hot* I let her think whatever she wanted  until she decided to try and be friendly  with a Grand Vampire  down town.  for whatever reason  he seemed to be following my sim as I would teleport her to her car and have her go to another lot downtown he would be there withn a minute of her arrival so I gave up and sent her home and called the gypsy for a blind date which was a nother disaster  and I had her purchase Vampricillin and put it in her inventory.. so I summoned a sim I thought would be perfect for her and wah lah he was they had a dream date and a proposal followed from her dream date

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 05, 01:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the visitor zapper you can just ban the vampire from the lot, also you can ban HER from a lot if she is doing what you don't want while uncontrollable!  Works on downtown lots until you close your game and reload - you don't keep having to do it on a particular lot.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 05, 03:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the visitor zapper you can just ban the vampire from the lot, also you can ban HER from a lot if she is doing what you don't want while uncontrollable!  Works on downtown lots until you close your game and reload - you don't keep having to do it on a particular lot.
ok where do I get ths visitor zapper ? as this same sim got married to the sim Imentioned and who should try to crash the receptin that night but the grand vampire. the reception lasted until midnight sim time and the Grand vampire appeared on my sims lot at 730p.m. I used the DMA box to remove him but I want to make sure he doesnt return to my sims lot unexpectedly. I was under the impression that Grand Vampire had o remain  on Downtown lots. my sim doesnt live downtown she and her new hubby live in the neighborhood

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 05, 04:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get the visitor zapper here ...

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1235.0

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 05, 06:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks Smiley

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 05, 11:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works great in Uni if you get sick of cow mascots wrecking the joint!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 05, 11:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ I just had the same thing happen tonight. New batch of sims in Uni - 6  of them. All on college rampage. I noticed when all the other sims were nearing the top of their bars, one female sim was only about 1.4 of the way up and still red. I've just reset her, if that doesn't work I'll try the college adjuster. I did notice something odd when I clicked on here - she still had 'do homework' as an option, I noticed since resetting she doesn't have that anymore - as if she didn't grow up properly at first even though she had a YA body.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 05, 11:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if she's one of your own sims, then I suppose it's possible she didn't make the move correctly, but in the case of Jane Stacks, who was created by Maxis and moved into the house by Maxis etc., the faults in the progress bar are wierd, especially as some people appear to get them while others don't!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 05, 12:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a college sim has an unfinished assignment on the lot and you have macrotastics, the 'do homework' option will come up.  It simply means the sim has an assignment somewhere.

What a coincidence!  I just had one of my sims in a dorm with 2 other playable sims (also rampaging) drop out of her college rampage.  I couldn't get her to go back into the rampage, it kept dropping out.  She had an assignment at 0% on a table.  When I checked the chairs at the table concerned by trying to move them, the chairs were both stuck.  I used debug mode to reset the chairs and she was able to rampage on after that.

You might like to check if your student has an assignment that is on a table with stuck chairs.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: