More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 10:02:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How often do you 'reboot'?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How often do you 'reboot'?  (Read 26096 times)
V
Senator

View Profile
Re: How often do you 'reboot'?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 August 17, 13:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that, too. And I was ready with this whole thing about how DH thinks you have to reboot every day but I only reboot if the system is acting wonky or slow and that can take days and days. Also I had a bit about how when I had Vista I had to reboot several times a day and it was one of the main motivators for my upgrading back to XP.

But this thread isn't about that. So I didn't want to say.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 August 17, 17:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I turn off everyday (at night) - saves power in expensive GB.  Also, the computer never 'goes wonky'.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 17, 23:16:20 by maxon » Logged

Inteen for AL, yay!
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 August 17, 17:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also turn my computer off at night. Not only does it eliminate the temptation to surf the net all the time, the computer itself only misbehaves when it's life is in danger, not for shit and giggles as Windoze is prone to do.
TimeStop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 August 17, 22:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I generally stick to challenges and make up my own rules that don't conflict with my play style to go with them (but having the goal keeps me interested and playing all my families instead of skipping the not-so-amusing ones or I end up with one family where the 2nd gen and 6th gen are both alive and married and equal aged... to brothers). When I get bored of the challenge or finish it, I wipe out the neighborhood. Or send it to a back-up location and then wipe it out.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 August 18, 01:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turning off your computer wastes Internets. Don't waste the Internets!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 August 18, 11:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually I delete every time I load up Sims 2 and wonder what I was doing. This can be rather frequent as some days I don't remember that I just loaded the sims.

Currently- I just made a huge ruleset to replicate Dune as best I can. Something about the Bene Gesserits always sends me screaming to the sims to breed monsters.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 August 18, 12:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never rebooted my primary neighborhood, Pleasantview. Closest I came was misplacing my backup when switching computers, which resulted in losing a week's play.

I'd be very miffed if I had to start over. There are so many interdependent business lots in my neighborhood  that recinstructing them would be extremely  tedious. I don't really play with the Pleasantview premades though. They're more Scenery Sims than anything else.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 August 18, 14:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rebooted the base 'hoods (P'view, Strangetown, V'ville) exactly once. I've got a few custom 'hoods I play in, plus Desiderata Valley. My primary 'hood, Pirate Island, is almost 2 years old and is on generation 7, which already has 25 members and is only just getting started. I've only had to revert to a backup once, due to an incredibly idiotic mistake on my part.

Once I get to ten generations, though, I'm extracting any sims I really like and then starting over, unless my 'hood explodes before that. It's started giving me a few warning signs, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

HeyYeah
Mentally Retarded
Dimwitted Dunce

I am a fish

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 August 18, 16:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the longest I've kept playing a hood is until a second generation started to go to college. I have no attention span whatsoever.  Undecided
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 August 18, 16:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My MATY hood has about 13 playable houses, making it impossible to advance generations in any realistic timeframe.  It is inconceivable that there will be 10 generations of this hood.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 August 18, 18:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, Teardrop Isle is now at 13 houses, and I can't bring myself to play it now.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 August 18, 19:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh -- I ran a census last night, and my Pleasantview has 173 playables.  Probably spread over 45 - 50 houses/dorms. I play each one for one sim day (or a bit more if a birth is due), so it's taken two+ years to get to this point and Gen-5. Since I normally average playing two or three hours a night, it takes about a week to cycle through the whole hood now.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 August 19, 19:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2-3 hours a night.  Bloody luxury!

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 August 19, 19:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No kids, nothing good on TV, and the wife goes to bed early... Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2008 August 19, 22:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Emma giggles

If one of us goes to bed early, the other usually follows straight after! I get my playing time when the baby is in bed and husband is at work.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 August 19, 22:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Emma giggles

If one of us goes to bed early, the other usually follows straight after! I get my playing time when the baby is in bed and husband is at work.

My wife used to go to bed early, but in summer she doesn't have much work, so she tends to be up later, and gaming is apparently "antisocial".  Go figure.  Roll Eyes

Tribulatio proxima est
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 August 19, 22:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, dh used to complain about my attention being on my computer instead of whatever TV show he wanted me to watch with him. So I found him some video games he liked better than TV. Now he plays his video games while I play mine and peace has been restored.

It took a long time to find just the right video game for him, too. So, don't give up. I am sure there must be a video game for everyone.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 August 20, 13:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My MATY hood has about 13 playable houses, making it impossible to advance generations in any realistic timeframe.  It is inconceivable that there will be 10 generations of this hood.

Same here, at about 28 households and 2 sim-days each, it takes me a little over a month to get through a round.  (playing during rugrat naptime, or if hubby brings home work at night)  I'm beginning to realize that means if I play another year, I'll see maybe one more generation grow up.  I'm okay with that though - I'm playing more for the stories than the spawning at this point.

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 August 20, 13:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, dh used to complain about my attention being on my computer instead of whatever TV show he wanted me to watch with him. So I found him some video games he liked better than TV. Now he plays his video games while I play mine and peace has been restored.

It took a long time to find just the right video game for him, too. So, don't give up. I am sure there must be a video game for everyone.

You can also lure your male into wonderful world of gaming with asking for a little help with difficult bits. Triple benefit: he gets to demonstrate his madskillz AND gets exposed to some gaming, and I get my RPG or quest cleaned from some moronic car race mini game.  Grin

As for the topic - the same Veronaville since first day years and years ago. It saw a lot of idiocy and cruel experiments from me but survived, for what I am deeply grateful and will stick to it to the end.
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 August 20, 18:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mralways is too much of a 'sharer' for that. He calls me in to watch things on TV, or look at internet things, or see a thing he's seeing fifty times a day.

Easier to just stay in the same room when he's awake.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
cascaneda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 August 20, 19:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only use the university neighborhoods as a start, and when the sims leave college they go in an empty custom neighborhood. So I never have to reset.
I changed the original N001 to N003 in program files fodler so I don't need to reset, the townies and NPC are my own custom made each time I create a new NB
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 August 20, 21:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mralways is too much of a 'sharer' for that. He calls me in to watch things on TV, or look at internet things, or see a thing he's seeing fifty times a day.

Easier to just stay in the same room when he's awake.

That is exactly how DH is. But I found this wonderful game for him that is just too complicated for me and he feels all special and interesting because he excels at that game and I have no interest understanding. And whenever he tries to call me over to see this amazing thing that happened in his game I retaliate reciprocate by making him come over and look at the adorable things my sims are doing. Then he toddles back to his very-interesting-and-ever-so-very-complicated-and-way-over-my-head game.

His game?

World of Warcraft.    Cool

missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 August 21, 12:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just did that today   Wink   Grin

Usually whenever I get bored of whats going on or if things arent going to plan in my game, or if I cant locate a hack that is bugging my game, I just deleted the downloads folder today as well, cause I didnt feel like sourcing through it and I do have a compressed backup of it.  So I will extract only the things I know that work.
Moon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 August 27, 01:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I restart regularly it seems, no matter what I try to keep my interest.

I have restarted with new hard drives, graphics cards, too much custom content that I lost track of, just got bored, etc etc.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 August 27, 07:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have lost interest in my current hood ever since I realised the release of AL was imminent.  Roll Eyes I usually make a vanilla sims 2 folder and check out the new hood with no hacks or CC.

I suspect my current hood is doomed but I'll pretend it's not, for a few weeks yet.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: