More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 01:04:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Non-awesome user considers installing Seasons, requests assistance!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Non-awesome user considers installing Seasons, requests assistance!  (Read 7269 times)
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
Non-awesome user considers installing Seasons, requests assistance!
« on: 2008 August 02, 00:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... yeah. I'm thinking about finally getting off my arse and Arr!ing Seasons. The only problem is that I have no idea what it is that I need to update.

I figure that I don't need to update any of the millions of CC that I have, like clothes or non-hacked objects, right? More importantly, though, I have some really old abandoned mods like Merola's Mirror and some Squinge crap, and I have no idea if it'll work, or what I need to do to fix it.

I apologise for making my previously hopefully-somewhat-well-hidden stupidity glaringly obvious  Roll Eyes...

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Non-awesome user considers installing Seasons, requests assistance!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 02, 01:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, a question i can help answer (as Seasons is my latest EP).  For Squinge's stuff, he updated alot of it up to Seasons, so the only problem is actually finding it.  His stuff is archived in several places, one of which is Sims2Graveyard.  Also do google searches.  For your other mods, go back to their sites, read user comments if you have to. 
   A great tutorial at MTS2 for what to do before installing a new EP  http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Preparing_for_the_Next_Expansion

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 02, 04:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have BV or FT loaded already (as I did before I got Seasons), you don't even have to update your hacks.  You just add the seasons specific ones.

If Seasons will be your "latest" EP, the best thing is to remove all hacks from your downloads, and reinstall a fresh batch from the Seasons Director's cut.  Don't try to mix and match or overwrite as this often leads to tight pants.

I always take my Downloads folder out before I install a new EP, but I understand that other people do not necessarily do this.  I test all new EP installs on a vanilla game and then exit without saving.  Then I put back the Downloads.  Make sure you back up any "in play" hoods before you do anything.

Tribulatio proxima est
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 03, 20:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I'm not ready to install it just yet, but I figured that since I had time I might as well at least download it to have for when I am ready. However, there aren't very many cracked Seasons versions at The Pirate Bay, and, me being unawesome and all, I'm not sure what kind of quality those that are there are. As such, I may require a tiny bit more assistance - for those of you that Arr!'ed Seasons, what version did you use?

Hellyes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 03, 22:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I'm not ready to install it just yet, but I figured that since I had time I might as well at least download it to have for when I am ready. However, there aren't very many cracked Seasons versions at The Pirate Bay, and, me being unawesome and all, I'm not sure what kind of quality those that are there are. As such, I may require a tiny bit more assistance - for those of you that Arr!'ed Seasons, what version did you use?

I always download games from moviex.info  You have to register there, but at least you can count on the quality of the downloads.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 04, 02:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything by Vitality is a safe choice, I believe.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 04, 03:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I got a Vitality torrent of Seasons from Mininova.

Tribulatio proxima est
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 04, 05:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My suggestion is to check the comments and the amount of seeds a torrent has. Usually if a torrent is bad, people will post comments saying it is so. Go for the best, most seeded torrent. (note: If I am wrong about this, let me know) I also agree with others about Vitality.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 04, 06:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RELOADED have been good to me.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Hellyes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 04, 12:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My suggestion is to check the comments and the amount of seeds a torrent has. Usually if a torrent is bad, people will post comments saying it is so. Go for the best, most seeded torrent. (note: If I am wrong about this, let me know) I also agree with others about Vitality.

I have heard that Vitality torrents are reliable, but that problem is you have to be certain it is Vitality.  Some scammers will put Vitality in the torrent name and it isn't actually Vitality.  You have to screen comments cautiously. So many comments are made by complete idiots.  I only read comments that are intelligently written and seem credible.  Beyond that, some uploaders will use sock accounts and comment on their own torrents to scam people.  If there is no comments or even one negative comment, I personally would not download it.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 04, 13:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have heard that Vitality torrents are reliable, but that problem is you have to be certain it is Vitality.  Some scammers will put Vitality in the torrent name and it isn't actually Vitality.  You have to screen comments cautiously. So many comments are made by complete idiots.  I only read comments that are intelligently written and seem credible.  Beyond that, some uploaders will use sock accounts and comment on their own torrents to scam people.  If there is no comments or even one negative comment, I personally would not download it.

I don't know much about the pirating scene, but I think that anyone who tries to add the Vitality name (or other well-known name) to their crack will probably learn very quickly that it is not a good idea to piss off people who are good at cracking software security.  If they can crack software security, they can probably crack system security too.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 04, 13:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're really paranoid, Demonoid I believe is one of the safest torrent site, they don't have any fake ones. TPB also remove fake torrents pretty quick, AFAIK. Wink For the groups, Vitality, RELOADED, Hatred, Fairlight are the ones I trust Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 August 04, 19:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are usually at least two such torrents. If they differ in size significantly, something is wrong. Also, check for the NFO.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 August 05, 12:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's all done now. Everything went smoothly, except that I play in UK English for the sake of the 24 hour clock, and the torrented version defaulted to US English, which means that I got the shat-upon-names bug, but luckily I'm paranoid and kept a backup, even if it means that some time I should be spending working will be spent fixing the game. Cheesy

Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 August 08, 19:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... I've got Seasons installed and working fine, so I decided I might as well take  a leap and install BV and maybe FT as well. These are my concerns, though:

I have Squinge stuff. I don't know if it's safe to use or not. It isn't much... SavageNoRelChange and SpyOnNeighbours.

I have Crammyboy's nudist mod. It's been updated for BV and FT, but apparently the FT version I found conflicts with an Awesome Hack, and I can't have that. I can live without it, I suppose, but I'd rather not.

Umm... I guess these are my only major concerns at the moment. As you can see, I'm not exactly used to this whole going-through-everything-in-Downloads-and-making-sure-it's-all-up-to-date thing... I played with Pets as my latest expansion for practically eternity.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 August 08, 19:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have the nudist hack, but decided I didn't need whole families of outgoing sims running around the house nekkid all the time.  ACR allows for nude woohoo anyway.  Just putting this out for consideration.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: