More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 08:34:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  More Awful than You! August: Craptacular Stories.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Awful than You! August: Craptacular Stories.  (Read 115598 times)
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
Re: More Awful than You! August: Craptacular Stories.
« Reply #50 on: 2008 August 05, 19:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cry And I was purposely avoiding this contest for the explicit reason of not wanting to think about this entry.
Here is your punishment:

And this quote: "You know what they say about rabbits? It's all true. You were wild."
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 August 05, 19:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing...absolutely nothing excuses you from using walls down.
Not true. Sometimes wallsdown is required because walls-up would block the only camera angle that lets you get a good picture.

You can delete the offending wall in Build mode, take the picture normally with walls up, then hit Ctrl-Z to zap the wall back into place.

Camera mods are good for getting those difficult shots, too.  (though you could end up with Walleye Syndrome--almost as bad as Walls Down).

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 August 05, 20:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Gunmod's camera hack, version A. I also play houses almost everyone describes as "tiny" and "how in the world could you actually fit furniture in that thing?" I almost never find that I can't take a picture I want with everything left as it should be and with walls up. Family photos are probably the only exception.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 August 05, 21:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can delete the offending wall in Build mode, take the picture normally with walls up, then hit Ctrl-Z to zap the wall back into place.
That isn't a perfect solution, because deleting the wall can have a whole cascade of other side effects, plus you will substitute visible terraingrid instead of visible other-rooms.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2008 August 06, 01:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Terraingrid isn't a problem; just click on the recolor tool and the grid vanishes.  That said, however, I can't say that I care if walls are down or not just so long as the view behind the characters isn't too distracting.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 August 06, 01:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found the diary of Emily at TSR.  http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=328277
- From instalment three: ' "HEY!!!!" Lazlo shouted with joy. "WHY DON'T YOU LIVE IN THE OLD ABANDONED HOUSE DOWN THE
STREET!!??" '  In the next instalment we find out the "old abandoned" house is 2 months old.

No, I think the best part of the story is the first line:

I'm Emily. Noone should be reading this

I'm inclined to agree.

lauren
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 August 07, 13:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=56936&page=1&pp=25

this one isn't as bad as most of the stories but I think it qualifies as craptacular. Basically it's the story of a twelve-year-old girl who has been living all by herself for two years since her mother left. Then  one of her friends some guy called Mike shows up and this is were things get creepy. First of Mike is an adult and responsible adults wouldn't actually leave the kid there living all by herself, and lets face it stories about little girls whose only friends are older men are just creepy ok. Why can't she have a friend her own age? In the end she runs away and the author never updated again thank god.

Some quotes
If I told you I have been living alone for 2 years, would you believe me? Hello, my name is Sheme Shrum. I am 12 years old and, yes, it is true, I haven't lived with anyone since I was 10 years old.

But, the most important thing that I do everyday, is wait for my mom to come home. She hasn't come home in almost two years.

Mike was one of my only friends. Sometimes, I believe he may be my long, lost father, and he just doesn't realize it, yet. Mike knows all about mom's absense.

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 August 07, 14:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeesh, what happened to her hand?!  Shocked

Anyway, yes it is a bit disturbing. I lul at "Sometimes, I believe he may be my long, lost father" and seeing that he really is the father three pictures down. Kinda makes the whole story pointless.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 August 07, 14:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Handpaddles are what happens when people take their screenshots at the lowest quality. Rest assured everything they make will thus look like shit in your game because of their terrible standards.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 August 07, 15:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I lul at "Sometimes, I believe he may be my long, lost father" and seeing that he really is the father three pictures down. Kinda makes the whole story pointless.

I luled at that too. It's no wonder the author just lost interest in the story, it's really not that interesting at all.

Also, how many 12's care about how much junk food they eat? Whatshername wouldn't be the one getting in trouble for living alone for two years, her mom would. The guy might get in trouble too, since he knew about the abandonment of a minor and didn't do anything about it.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 August 07, 18:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What kind of sick child abuse is it to put a wooden chest in a kid's room and tell them never to open it?

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Budcot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 August 07, 18:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think this person has ever seen a diary. Who writes down that they're going to see someone along with their full address each time?
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 August 07, 20:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to check out some of the story offerings on Live Journal and, within minutes, discovered The Housekeepers Chronicle.  What it lacks in gruesomely detailed sex scenes and incest it makes up for in hilariously cliched characterization and plot*, incompetent photography** and the blandest narrator to ever be caught up in a completely unrealistic 12-penned soap opera***.  The whole thing is more More Mediocre than You. than More Awful than You!, but since she made the effort to post it to the internet, I thought I'd make the effort to openly mock it. 

* The Pretty Perfect Template 1 Narrator loves her sweet, eccentric, artisy employer and hates his bitchy, undermining wife who can't even appreciate her husband's beautiful soul. She's just so mean!  Roll Eyes I love the smell of casual sexism in the morning.

*** "I had a breakdown yesterday while working for the Sampson's. I think I'm just so overwhelmed with everything going on. I don't know how I'm going to take care of this baby. I really don't. I think it was the thought that I might have to give him up for adoption is what sent me over the edge. I can't stand the thought of not having my Edmund. (That's what I'm going to name him!)"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 August 07, 23:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What kind of sick child abuse is it to put a wooden chest in a kid's room and tell them never to open it?
I'm not sure that qualifies as child abuse, but it sure is FUNNY!

msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 August 08, 00:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure that qualifies as child abuse, but it sure is FUNNY!

Granted.

But what kind of weirdo kid would actually not open the chest?

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 August 08, 00:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea. Everyone knows the surest way to get a kid to do something is to tell them not to. That's why you then do something like electrifying the chest so when they try, it zaps them, and you point and laugh at them. It's hilarious! Especially when there's absolutely nothing in there of interest in the first place.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2008 August 08, 00:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Empty with a note at the bottom..

"You had to do it, didn't you? Now I'll have to find ANOTHER child."

Promptly tip them in and lock it.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 August 08, 02:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"You had to do it, didn't you? Now I'll have to find ANOTHER child."

Promptly tip them in and lock it.

Bwahaha! Even better if said note is pinned the shirt of the previous curious child, I'd imagine.

Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2008 August 08, 10:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bwahaha! Even better if said note is pinned the shirt of the previous curious child, I'd imagine.
But then it wouldn't be empty.
Where is xoferew? She'd fit right in this thread! Cool

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 August 08, 17:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cry And I was purposely avoiding this contest for the explicit reason of not wanting to think about this entry.
Here is your punishment:

Is that picture supposed to be a re-enactment of the Greg the Bunny Eraserhead parody?
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 August 08, 17:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.  The whole thing is more More Mediocre than You. than More Awful than You!, but since she made the effort to post it to the internet, I thought I'd make the effort to openly mock it. 

Dude, if that's a mediocre story, the sim-storytelling genre is doooomed! That story is as captivating as watching the paint dry...no, way worse, because with paint you can at least inhale fumes and feel dizzy. It's worse than a bunnyhead story, which at least has a 'LOL furries' value.
lauren
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 August 08, 18:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't you just love how that housekeeper states she's too 'shy' to actually start something her employer then she goes a fucks him (and a couple of other guys) anyways. And how did she manage to walk in on her employers having sex without them noticing? Don't most people lock their bedroom door when they're having sex?
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 August 08, 20:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol it gets bonus points for taking a picture of the testing object box three times.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 August 09, 01:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't you just love how that housekeeper states she's too 'shy' to actually start something her employer then she goes a fucks him (and a couple of other guys) anyways. And how did she manage to walk in on her employers having sex without them noticing? Don't most people lock their bedroom door when they're having sex?

Maybe the wife is always crying because she's married to a philanderer.  And the "nice" housekeeper ALMOST feels sorry for her a couple of times, while making the wife cry some more by sleeping with the husband.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 August 09, 17:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't completely qualify as it was just posted today, but...there are no words.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: