More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:15:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Fail: August
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Fail: August  (Read 168990 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Fail: August
« Reply #200 on: 2008 August 24, 17:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great job, Cockroach! I love the colour scheme - very Arizona resort chic, but it still feels like a home. The blue flooring in the bath & bedroom stand out a bit, given the overall tone of the house, but that's a totally minor quibble. I like the landings on the way to the basement - good use of that floor tile to set them off. I also really like the decks. Glad you didn't give up!

I'm not in love with the idea of CC starting to creep into these entries, but you've used these two pieces to good effect here.  Wink

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Night Racer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2008 August 24, 20:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks Cheesy
i know the rules say no CC but the maxis columns are to short so that whould have looked dumb...and i hate using stairs with bottoms when using that foundation decking becuse it looks dumb Sad

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2008 August 25, 06:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like how you worked that awful entrance, with the little twisty stairs going down. I also think you've added some real interest with the lounge being a different level to the kitchen etc. Plus, the roof snuggling in to the top storey is a great touch.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2008 August 25, 08:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MaayaBee: I haven't actually played it yet, but I figure if it's anything like a comm lot, the computer forgets about whats happening upstairs if you go down to the basement and vice versa. 
The extra income from the ticket machines won't hurt.

Witch: My cockatiels have eggs!  5 at last count.  2 months till baby birds (that aren't at risk of being smushed by me), then I'll attempt to start rearing them. Cheesy

I'm still debating creating a 3rd house for the month.  I have one - a houseboat, but I'm not too fond of it.  Might try to turn it into a pseudo hobby lot or something. 

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2008 August 26, 19:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we have a house for September yet?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2008 August 26, 20:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep messing with this and keep being disappointed in the result. Right now the version I'm working on is supposed to be an old folk's home, ready for Apartment Life, which I can't decide if it will contain four sleeping/bath areas or six, and the roof lines are again being mean. This was definitely a good challenge; the outer wall placement makes coming up with a good change difficult.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2008 August 26, 21:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep messing with this and keep being disappointed in the result. ...This was definitely a good challenge; the outer wall placement makes coming up with a good change difficult.

After at least 4 tries, each with different designs in mind, I gave up. I absolutely hate this house. I couldn't get the layout to flow the way I wanted and if I got close, the roof line would look stupid. I are fail. I'm hoping that I'll be able to have more fun with next month's house.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2008 August 26, 21:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Part of the bitch of this house is its proximity to the sidewalk. If it were just a few squares back it'd be much easier to smooth into a better shape. I actually have house #1 just about ready to post, but I got pulled back in with an idea for #2 that's not turning out a thing like I'd imagined. Weird fricking house, this one is!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2008 August 26, 21:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a house that I'd like to use next month. Any objections?

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2008 August 26, 21:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To you having a preference? Of course not, have all the preferences you like.
(Yes, I know you meant objections to you calling dibs on next month's pick. I have none. Pay no attention to the smartass behind the curtain.)

Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: 2008 August 26, 21:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell us more...

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Night Racer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2008 August 26, 21:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

which one is it?
i say we use that little yellow house in srangetown...the one across from the Smiths

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: 2008 August 26, 21:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know at one point, someone mentioned the Tower House.. The three alienraep loving brothers' place?

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: 2008 August 26, 22:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go for it. Any clues? Grin

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008 August 27, 00:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go for it. Any clues? Grin

Pleasantview. Smiley

I know at one point, someone mentioned the Tower House.. The three alienraep loving brothers' place?

That's right, I remember that now.

How about doing both? Have two threads a month, each with a house or community lot from a different neighborhood. Rotate through all the neighborhood(s) fixing all of the crappy houses.

Or, I don't mind waiting until October.

To you having a preference? Of course not, have all the preferences you like.
(Yes, I know you meant objections to you calling dibs on next month's pick. I have none. Pay no attention to the smartass behind the curtain.)

Smartasses? On MATY? Surely you jest!

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: 2008 August 27, 00:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe we should actually vote on the houses, and let the winner pick the next house.  Any thoughts on that?  It would make it a real contest instead of a challenge.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2008 August 27, 01:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No strong feelings either way about actually voting, but if we do, we'll have to change the due date, to leave time for voting before the next month started. I do know I'd rather keep this going just one thread at a time.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: 2008 August 27, 01:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not this month, then.  Perhaps we should try making it a contest next month, ending at 00:01 Malaysian time on the 27th to give a few days to vote.  Jesslla can include it as a new rule when she starts the new thread on the 1st, unless the general preference is to keep things casual.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2008 August 27, 01:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe we should actually vote on the houses, and let the winner pick the next house.  Any thoughts on that?  It would make it a real contest instead of a challenge.
Sounds fun. People who submitted more than one lot would have an advantage, but perhaps that's as it should be. Anyways...I'm done! Woohoo!

Download here

Features:
  • 4 1-bedroom apartments of varying sizes
  • Elevator access to second floor, so you don't break your hip
  • Outdoor chess area
  • Public access kitchen...please keep all the baked alaska to a minimum, as no fire alarm is included. You start it, you put it out.
  • Lovely grand piano
  • Seating area well-placed for gossiping busy-bodies
  • Cost: $67,212, though designed to be converted to an apartment complex by replacing brown doors with apartment doors, single mailbox with multi model, and rezoning
  • EPs required: All up to and including FreeTime. At least one Kitchen & Bath item used. Lot will work without K&B.

External

Ground Floor

Second Floor

Feature thumbnails

The thought was that this could be used as an old folk's home, or some sort of semi-communal living facility.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008 August 27, 01:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about a poll in next months thread (end voting on September 27) to see how many people want to turn this into a contest starting in October? Or should we just let people state a preference here and start the contest (or not) in September?

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: 2008 August 27, 06:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoever wins the contest picks the house next time. Sounds fun!

Zazazu, that is gorgeous! Are those elevators? I don't think I've ever used an elevator in my game Cheesy

jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2008 August 27, 07:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do like your outdoor chess area. Not too sure about the wisdom of sitting a couple of old folks next to a fountain for hours, though! Maybe there should be a public loo close by?

I've often wondered why people didn't use elevators in the houses they post.  It saves such a lot of space. It can be a drag if you've got a largish family who all want to go upstairs together, and wouldn't dream of going in the elevator together, but it should work well in an apartment-type situation.

This would convert nicely to a student house as well.  I've got three sets of twins, all friends, all just gone off to university together.  Their parents have temporarily impoverished themselves to fill the kids' inventories with stuff to make their time at uni comfortable.  I'm downloading your house for them, making it a young folks' home, I suppose.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2008 August 27, 08:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I'm enjoying the casual nature of this challenge. Plus, if I won one, I'd have to go and find a lot to renovate and I'm really far too lazy. I'd rather sit here and wait for other people to trawl through the crap.  Grin

However, I'll go with the majority decision, 'cos I really don't mind too much either way.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2008 August 27, 10:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, it's gorgeous! You really nailed the feel of a 'community living' center. The covered walkways and entrance are *very* effective, and I love your use of the white brick mini-fencing. This might be just the lot I've been looking for to start my Senior Living subhood. Orsum, Zaz!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2008 August 27, 14:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoever wins the contest picks the house next time. Sounds fun!

Zazazu, that is gorgeous! Are those elevators? I don't think I've ever used an elevator in my game Cheesy
Yep, elevators. I don't use elevators too much, but they just make more sense than stairs in an apartment building to me. Plus, I could see stairs being an issue for a real elder.

That effect used with the walls in the chess area is something I haven't done for ages...I was looking over an old 'hood I had on my laptop and saw a house I'd made that used that and really wanted to incorporate it again. The tight spacing there made it challenging. I had to delete the sidewalk temporarily.

The core of the house wasn't touched at all. I deleted interior walls, roofing, and added a wall to the very center front. That's it...everything else was add-on.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: