More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:46:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Fail: August
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Fail: August  (Read 169815 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: EAxis House of Fail: August
« Reply #150 on: 2008 August 13, 15:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jim, that is amazing! I love it Cheesy A real playboy's pad.

Here is my 2nd and final attempt-I used the flat lot for this one. It comes in at just under §205k (no magic wand used) and has 3 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. Nursery is on first floor, with it's own separate bath. Parking is for one car on a single driveway. I followed Hecubus' suggestion of removing foundation and replacing with walls to let light through in the basement. Now down there is a pool, music room and workout room. There is a kitchen with separate dining room, living room/study, and a large crafting/skilling area on the third floor. Small gardening area and fruit trees and a tiny pond. There is also a covered grilling/eating area that can be built on if more space is needed. I tried to keep a greenish colour scheme throughout, apart from the nursery. I couldn't face using the green cribs as they are horrible. All EPs/SPs. Not playtested as yet.

Click picture for slideshow:

Download:

73_Road_to_Nowhere_Flat_Emma.zip

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2008 August 13, 15:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Needs more dead Emma. And 5 bathrooms? Who did you plagiarize this from? This does not sound like an EMMA construction.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: 2008 August 13, 15:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Needs more dead Emma. And 5 bathrooms? Who did you plagiarize this from? This does not sound like an EMMA construction.

*Emma moons Pescado

You just don't get it do you? I actually do include lots of bathrooms in all my lots, apart from starter houses! They only get one. Silly old Pescado! I have improved on my earlier stuff. So nyah. Tongue

jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 August 13, 16:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It beats me how you manage to fit so much into such a tiny house, without it looking cramped at all.  Your other house was just as spacious - and brimming with bathrooms, I'm sure.

I'll have to get me some stuff packs. You've used some great wall treatments, that I just don't have.  I'm not an arrrrer (I know, I know, but I've always figured the labourer is worthy of his toil, even if his bosses do try to stiff you with hostile security.) I'll pay up for actual programme content, but never just for stuff.  You're tempting me, though.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008 August 13, 19:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@jim: That would make a really great community lot! (I never do home businesses;P)

@Emma: I really like you're color schemes. I never even thought of the fact that you can put some of the hobby deco on the floor. Nice touch!

@Chaavik: That house would look great in my Strangetown.  Smiley

- INTJ -
Night Racer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008 August 13, 21:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit Emma! That house is massive  Shocked
I plan on entering this contest eventualy..I just can't be bothered right now.

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008 August 13, 21:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beautiful job, Emma. I am worried that this lot will make game play slower, but, I don't care. I am going to make a new family especially for this house.
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 August 13, 22:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Tingeling: Well, of course it was your basement that got me thinking along those lines. I'd prefer it as a community lot too, but didn't know how to convert it from a residential lot to a community lot.  It's pretty much running itself now, though, and making about $7000 a day, so it's ok.
mamainred
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 August 13, 23:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You were all so awesome from the last challenge, by the time I was done mine looked to much like some others. I chickened out. This time, I have yet to look at the others. Will do so after I finish this post.

These was a close to awesome as I got. The entry way was slightly changed, by the exterior wall the front door was on.  I think I got most of the rest.
§136,008  Fully furnished.
I have ALL Ep's & SP's.
4 Bedrooms
4 Bathroom
Basement home gym
Download
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0cixaa

More pics

This is really fun to see how differently we all made over this lot.  Mine is less than awesome, but it was a fun challenge. 

So many great ideas. All I can say is great job to all of you.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 14, 01:40:59 by mamainred » Logged
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 August 14, 04:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are beautiful lots I've seen so far! Great jobs!

@Emma: My goodness, that's a lot of bathrooms packed into a tiny lot! Still, a very beautiful house.  Smiley

@Jim: That would be a great home business for my Sim to run and meet "potential" customers.  Grin

@Mamainred: Beautiful house for sure! Just one detail I saw with this house. The original exterior walls in the front looked like they were deleted. (The walls that formed the T and the two small front rooms - former kitchen and bathroom). Other than that detail, the house looked great.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 August 14, 04:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is my 2nd makeover of the house for August. I used the flattened lot from this thread for my 2nd house. This lot has a "Southwestern" theme with palm trees, terracotta tiles throughout most of the house and light stucco colors inside and out.

<snip>

**P.S. Thank you for the tips, Witch **

Oh man! No-one is going to believe I didn't copy off you! I've just finished decorating in very similar stucco colours - even down to using a lot of the mission furniture.  Cheesy

Very nice though! Did you know if you put the built in hot tub on the roof, the sims think there is no roof? I've had to use the standalone hot tub in similar circumstances. Unless EAxis have actually fixed that glitch, but it's probably a vain hope.

Whoops, I see we've gone to a new page, I'll be back to comment.

@Emma - wow, like Jim, there are a bunch of wall treatments I don't have. Your slideshow goes a bit too fast for me, I wanted to see how you managed that appalling entrance! I particularly like the black bathroom and the pale green kid's room. (I also followed Aggies suggestion about the foundation to let light into my cellar).

@mamainred. Nice family home, it's interesting how different the lot looks in lush mode. Good looking kitchen too, it's a nice size for all those damn appliances.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 August 14, 04:32:15 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
MaayaBee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008 August 14, 05:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@jim: It seems like quite the luxurious house, perfect for entertaining guests and making a profit.

I'm going to enter a second house for August. This time, I'm making a restaurant/nightclub for downtown. I'm just wondering what people considered to be a reasonable amount of NPCs. NPC's require memory when generated, right? So, if I have 3 for the restaurant, 2 for the bars + 1 dj and 1 fire dancer, will that be too much?
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008 August 14, 05:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Witch:  Cheesy I want to see your house when you're done! These types of houses are my favorite and they reminded me of the times I lived in California and Florida. There were alot of stucco houses with varying themes, but there are always a handful of houses with Southwestern themes peppering the neighborhoods here and there. Unfortunately, Maxis didn't offer more varying themes to really satisfy us who liked to create Tex-Mex, Oriental, Morrocan, African and general-themed homes and businesses to add ethnic flavor to our neighborhoods. There aren't very many good stucco colors to use ingame, nor were there more complete sets of furniture to at least give our homes an unique look!

Is there a limit to how many houses/businesses we can enter for this?

Edit:

I didn't know about that issue with hot tubs and roofs. I placed the hot tub (like the one featured on the patio with the stucco house) on the roof of one dorm, and my Sims had no problems using it, nor did they think there was no roof. BUT if the issue does happen with the hot tub on the patio, just replace it with a standalone hot tub.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 August 14, 05:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These types of houses are my favorite and they reminded me of the times I lived in California and Florida.

Many sub-tropical New Zealand homes have a Mexican or South Western feel.

Is there a limit to how many houses/businesses we can enter for this?

Doubt it.  Grin

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: 2008 August 14, 06:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

witch:

The original entrance is now the stairway to the basement and I have put the main entrance on the right between the 2 yellow flowerpots.

Chaavik, you can enter as many times as you like btw Wink The more the merrier!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2008 August 14, 07:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Emma, it works with being enclosed - didn't think of that.

Here is my entry for the month of Aw Gust.

I decided to go with the spare bleached look of a desert. I didn't like the house so I made it very basic and simple, just a three bedroom, two bathroom basic house. §81,878 with custom content, §79,877 without. I have all EPs. There is room for expansion upstairs in the current hobby/skilling room.

So without further ado.
Aw Gust Desert

Top floor skilling room

Ground floor - walls up

Ground floor - walls down

View of the bastard entrance from the lounge

But wait! What's this? Where does this mysterious middle door lead?
You descend the stairs to the North.

You turn to the West.

You turn to the East.

Do you go North and have a much-needed drink at the bar?

Or do you go South to find a comfortable chair to sit on. It's all been a bit unexpected, really.

This lot contains three large fish from Savage Sims. A hammerhead shark, a marlin and a dolphin. You can download those separately or in place in the lot.

Aw Gust Desert with CC

Aw Gust Desert without CC

Savage Sims fish

Anyone who saw the Aquarium lot I recently uploaded will guess where I got my inspiration from!  Cheesy

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2008 August 14, 07:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is so nice, Witch. I love the aquarium room. I want to live there.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: 2008 August 14, 07:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

witch, that is so nice! I love the arches on the 3rd floor and the basement is just gorgeous!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008 August 14, 07:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers people.

I'm going to enter a second house for August. This time, I'm making a restaurant/nightclub for downtown. I'm just wondering what people considered to be a reasonable amount of NPCs. NPC's require memory when generated, right? So, if I have 3 for the restaurant, 2 for the bars + 1 dj and 1 fire dancer, will that be too much?

Why don't you just go ahead and make it the way you think it should be made? People will delete bars or fire dancer mats, or whatever, if they don't want them. Personally I don't think that sounds too many. I want some new entertainment venues, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do.

jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2008 August 14, 08:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it was worth the wait. I am so grabbing that hammerhead!  He would look just right in a nice big fishing pond, too - one with a flimsy little jetty overhanging the water.  I'm betting my stupid graphics card would see the fish then alright.

I'd want to put a bed down there - how luxurious to sleep in a room with seaquarium walls!  So, I'm downloading this - and trying it first off in one of my low-lying plots where the basement will flood, just to give the shark a little treat.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 August 14, 21:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is absolutely fantastic! I never thought about using aquariums for that sort of room. Hmm sharks..... Would be useful to recreate a beach with sharks to micmic JAWS!  Grin

I think I will do a commerical lot later.

MaayaBee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2008 August 15, 02:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@witch. Wow, I haven't seen many aquariums. The basement is such an awesome hideaway. As for the rest of the house, I especially love the archway outside that really gives it that southern feel.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2008 August 15, 04:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No-one had an answer to my question?

Oh well.

I've just gotten back from the "Winterless North" (The Bay Of Islands, North Island, New Zealand).
It rained and I caught a bad cold.

Time for another attempt at this House Of Fail.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 August 15, 04:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't happen to catch "the storm of the decade" about a fortnight ago, did you? We didn't get it too bad in the Bay of Plenty. It sure has been raining non-stop this winter.

Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2008 August 15, 04:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in Auck, so we got it a little - I mean, it didn't take our roof off or anything, but two of my cockatiels died from the cold/rain/wind.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: