More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:00:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Fail: August
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Fail: August  (Read 169011 times)
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Fail: August
« Reply #75 on: 2008 August 05, 07:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be having a problem downloading your lot, Count Four. The zip file doesn't seem to want to extract correctly. Perhaps reupload it?

Either way, it looks nice. There is a lot of improvement from the original.

*sigh*

I seem to be having a problem with it, too, now that I test it.  I'll post a new .zip and edit the post when I've changed it. Thanks for letting me know.

New .zip file added to previous post.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 05, 08:03:17 by Count Four » Logged

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 August 05, 12:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my hat's off to everyone who posted an entry, 'cause this lot is kicking my ass. I have six or seven versions so far, and I can't seem to finish any of them to
the point that I'm happy with the results. Damn that useless entryway!!

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 August 05, 13:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a bit surprised that I'm the first to do this, but as there is a basement I've decided to make a home for the vamps in your neighbourhood. Now I had all sorts of nightmare problems with the original lot basement even after levelling the edges with the lot expander so I opted to create the original lot layout from scratch then do the conversion. Sorry if this is cheating but despite my best efforts I couldn't place basement walls in the original. On the plus side it does mean the lot has flat edges so won't break your neighbourhood terrain.

I expanded the original basement so there is space for a normal bedroom, vampire bedroom, gym and bathroom. A new entrance was added upstairs and the old one converted to an 'architectural feature' complete with windows, lighting and a statue. The kitchen has been added to the back of the house and the original ground floor has a study area (one desk), chess area, pool table and separate lounge along with a second bathroom. The carport was positioned adjacent to the front door to minimise potential vamp exposure to sunlight. The grounds have been landscaped and a pool with slide added for moonlight dips. There is very limited pet access at the front of the house but no exposed terrain for them to dig up. Made with all EPs + GLS + FFS + H&M packs. Total cost is ~125k.

Basement:

Ground floor:

Entrance:

Pool:

Download lot from here.

msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 August 05, 18:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was fiddling with a crypt idea, but yours is extra kewl, so I'll leave off that until later, and go with my Bali getaway. I kept most of the original floorplan, added space for
a bed/bath suite in back, and made the original entry into an enclosed aquarium in one area and an orchid hothouse in the other.

Front:

View into kitchen:

View into livingroom:

Floor plan upper:

This was a little bit of skirting 'round the rules, but I couldn't picture a tropical vacation getaway with a full basement, so I enlarged the actual basement space,
but very little of it is actually walled.

Floor plan basement:

Basement changing area/bath/shower/party area:

*Important note* Either I didn't use it properly, or Inge's 'things stay after move' shrub let me down, so the download version is unfurnished. Download it here:http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/6379203/acfc7b59/sharing.html?rnd=74

All EP's, SP's, Converted Crap, and Pillaged Store Crap.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 05, 19:56:55 by msalwaysright » Logged

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 August 05, 21:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Twooflower
I fixed the non-level lot by building the house just like the original on a new, flat lot.
Poor Twooflower: you missed the flat version that I uploaded on the first page! Sad

All right, I am not terribly pleased with my entry, but it's done, so I might as well share it. I might do another version later in the month, if I can stand the thought of working with this monstrosity again.

Roux to Nowhere

Price: 109,668 (will drop to 63,756 with use of Magic Wand)
Bedrooms: 1
Baths: 2
EPs/SPs: All
Edges of lot flattened using LotAdjuster
The packaged lot is not clean, so use Clean Installer to uncheck the two hacks and K&B pre-order, if you already have it.

My version would be best suited for a single sim, a childless couple, or an elderly couple. A nursery and extra beds/baths could be added though, by sacrificing the porch/lawn. Adding a third level would probably require some reworking of the main floor. The exterior style is a sort of contemporary pueblo; interior style is modern.

In terms of construction, I didn't expand the interior space very much beyond attaching a garage and expanding the basement. I lowered the foundation to standard height.

My way of dealing with the original entry way was to move the front door to the left side, extend the foundation/basement and use the narrow hall for lockable stairs leading down to the basement. Then I put a fireplace where the front door used to be and balanced it out for the feature "waterfire" wall. The living area is open plan, with The One Desk located near the front door. Kitchen is lockable. Instead of a dining room there is a bar area. I blatantly stole an idea from Annan and Jim and put a small skylight over the bar area, purely for appearance since it didn't change the lighting...

The basement contains the bedroom, a second bathroom, and a skilling area. Should be vampire-friendly, especially since it connects directly to the garage.

Garage and rear porch have plenty of room for Awesomeware or peripheral skilling items. Porch contains grill and bar seating (so sims do not take their food outside to eat, though it also functions as overflow meal seating). Also outdoors is a fenced and gated area for the trashcan and kickables. Some light landscaping provided: all flowers and bushes should be able to be cared for without routing issues. Added an axe-throwing station, just for the heck of it.

Lightly playtested. Sims can go up and down the staircase between the garage and basement, though it looks like they walk through a wall at the top. BUY in the basement bathroom will work, thanks to being enclosed in 4 proper walls, but note that sims that get the "urge" while at ground level outdoors seem to get routed to the basement instead of the main floor bath. Just be aware of that, and make sure you configure it so visitors are rejected. Also, the best viewing angle seems to be from the back right corner:

I've also done an unfurnished version this time around. It goes for 48,097 (35,054 with use of Magic Wand). In that version there is no landscaping and the driveway extension was removed. No furnishings except for the main floor bath and the kitchen with a cheaper fridge and less counter space. Lighting provided. Basement is open plan, and still connected to the garage. Wall textures were replaced with one of the two-tone Beachy Keen paints.

Download furnished version
Download unfurnished version

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 August 05, 23:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god, I am going to download ALL of these.

Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 August 06, 01:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

msalwaysright, in the pics of your central open floor plan room (where your sim lady is playing chess)--I think that's the only use of that particular stone floor I've ever seen that makes that tile look good.   

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 August 06, 01:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

msalwaysright, in the pics of your central open floor plan room (where your sim lady is playing chess)--I think that's the only use of that particular stone floor I've ever seen that makes that tile look good.   

Thanks, I think that's the only time I've ever really used it, too. EAxis only makes you use things you never normally would.

MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 August 06, 16:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. 

Seeing what all of you have done with that craptastic house, I might have to break down and download some of these (normally I don't download lots).

I'd like to see what all of you do with the pain in the ass Curious house (those platforms and that terrain, why?).

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 August 06, 16:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. 

Seeing what all of you have done with that craptastic house, I might have to break down and download some of these (normally I don't download lots).

I'd like to see what all of you do with the pain in the ass Curious house (those platforms and that terrain, why?).
Oh that would be a good one. The special unique rule could be that you can't get rid of the platforms...
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 August 06, 17:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, Faizah and I were talking about that today.  I was editing the Curious lot, she was watching me delete all those platforms, and she said to me "that'd make a good House of Fail for MATY, but with a rule that you couldn't delete the platforms."

What I like about the House of Fail is that I get to download plenty of playable houses each month.  Personally, with my low-end system, I don't view a 6 story house as playable.

If the Curious lot was the House of Fail with the rule of keeping those platforms, I don't think they'd be downloaded as much as some of the other houses we've had.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2008 August 06, 17:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I nearly posted the Curious house instead-I'm glad I didn't Cheesy That lot needs serious flattening too.

jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 August 06, 19:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that another Strangetown lot?  I don't seem to remember a house like that, but I deleted the Strangetown hood from my game (too wierd and arid - I like my lawns green).

I do enjoy seeing the variation in people's building styles.  The modern houses appeal to me most, but I always seem to end up with a standard suburban box myself.  Would anybody fancy doing a community lot competition sometime?  I could certainly do with more interesting community lots to spice up my neighbourhood, and I'm lazy enough to hope to swipe some from others.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 August 06, 19:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm tempted to come up with my own version of this house after I saw all these gorgeous houses! Great job, everyone!

Will try my hand later tonight.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2008 August 06, 20:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Currently playtesting my rough draft.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
MaayaBee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 August 06, 22:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would anybody fancy doing a community lot competition sometime?  I could certainly do with more interesting community lots to spice up my neighbourhood, and I'm lazy enough to hope to swipe some from others.

I second this request. I also need more community lots.

Another suggestion for a future challenge would be one of those cramped Veronaville houses or that yellow Victorian house in the sim bin.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 August 07, 00:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't think there's a rule that the House of Fail has to be kept a house.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 August 07, 19:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that another Strangetown lot?  I don't seem to remember a house like that, but I deleted the Strangetown hood from my game (too wierd and arid - I like my lawns green).

Yeah, the Curious house is a Strangetown offering.  I looked for an image but found nothing good.  It has a lumpy lot, maze like interior and a series of stairs with observation decks (making it a 4 story house).  It's a nightmare to play, especially when the Curiouses (one of whom hatches an alien pod immediately upon playing) start crapping out their kids.

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2008 August 08, 01:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This took five tries to get something I liked, but I think I finally have something.

Inspired by Apartment Life, I turned the place into a two-family home, with a couple of shared areas. They are perfect for a single sim or DINKs.

Construction changes:
- added full second floor
- raised basement floor and expanded basement
- reconfigured interior walls
- extended back patio, added small front porches
- removed the 'entrance' platforms
- changed roofline, added balcony

I did not change the footprint of the house.

Other features:
- added swimming pool and small reflecting pool where the evil entrance was located
- completely fenced-in lot
- lockable kitchens and stairwells
- one true desk for each family

Floor Plans:

Basement - where the living rooms are

Main Floor - kitchens, half-baths, dining rooms, shared sunroom

Top Floor - bedrooms, full baths, shared balcony

I decorated the left side in golds, the right side in blues.

Selected gold-side interiors:

Selected blue-side interiors:

Selected exteriors:

I used the flattened lot. It costs somewhere in the neighborhood of §118K.

Download here.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2008 August 08, 04:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hecubus, that lot is gorgeous!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 August 08, 05:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Yecats. I like the way you've done the floor in the main bedroom, very nice. To me, the pool and the fishing pond look a little out of place in such arid conditions. Maybe just a swimming pool, but with some sort of canopy would look better. Anyway, that's just me. I love the pod colours and the purple on the bedroom floor as well.

@Emma. Your house has a lovely Spanish look, quite tropical and welcoming. Love the tree coming through the verandah. The second floor works much better as the main floor. Dunno about the basement though, I think it would feel too gloomy to play? (Five bathrooms Emma!)

@Eleanora. Very ye olde type cottage - then the surprise Japanesey theme inside.  Cheesy

@starlady. Choice, very New Zealand sort of house. I love the nursery especially, but all round you've got lots of light. I like the conservatory look you've given that damned entrance.

@Annan. I always enjoy your sparse minimalist style, you make small spaces so efficient. You make really good tidy modern places, many of my young couples start off in your lots.

@Goggalor. Love the sierra type tone you've got going on outside, there's enough variety in the colour blocks so it looks more natural. When I first saw the glassed in plants in your foyer I thought, "oh bugger", because I'd had it in the back of my head to do something similar since I saw the sims 3 promo pictures of the glassed in plant. But hey, like Emma said, it's about the sharing of ideas anyway. (Yoink). Nice decorating too BTW.

@Batelle. Nice homey feel to your lot. The downstairs reminds me of some flats I've been in. I like the little courtyard area in the back.

@twooflower. Nicely done. Unfortunately, you've managed to lock in the two biggest rooms on the ground floor with almost no windows. I have a funny feeling that glasshouse walls won't let light into an inner room, but I could be wrong, I haven't tried it. I do like the nice comfy family living room.

@MaayaBee. LOL
When I initially saw this house, I got serial killer vibes.
Good old EAxis. Seriously, nice take and a fun implementation. I've had that bookcase for years and not got around to using it, I must track it down again and put it in the castles for the witches.

@Count Four. I like the architectural style, especially the way you've broken up that tall front. I also don't think your decorating style is nearly as lame as you claim. That shot from the dining area through the glass to the plants and vase with the butterfly pictures off to the side; is just lovely.

@eevilcat. Heh. Looks kind of grim and inviting all at the same time, if you know what I mean!

@msalwaysright. Yum yum, pagoda style. You've done lovely glassed in thingies too. A lovely light, spring feeling house.

@Roux. Mmm. Do like that water-fire idea. (Yoink). I like the splashes of red you have in the main area, but personally I reckon the grey is just too dark.

@Hecubus. These apartment lots will be so hot shortly! Looks very fresh and tidy. You didn't do too badly on space, even though you split them.

@Everybody. Hope you don't mind me going through and commenting on everyone's contributions, I've been wanting to have a really good look for days and I've just been so busy. I've been purposely not reading comments in this thread till I had time to look properly.

I'm hoping to make an entry this coming weekend. I have lots of ideas now. He he. I will also welcome comments; fair's fair!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2008 August 08, 05:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the basement is pretty dark. Shame really.

I'm going to do another on the flattened lot too. I meant to grab it before, but, too lazy to close down game, download, install, load up game etc.... Tongue

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 August 08, 06:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to do another on the flattened lot too. I meant to grab it before, but, too lazy to close down game, download, install, load up game etc.... Tongue

I hear you sister!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: 2008 August 08, 09:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Annan. I always enjoy your sparse minimalist style, you make small spaces so efficient. You make really good tidy modern places, many of my young couples start off in your lots.

Well, I AM from IKEAland, you know. It is my heritage. Tongue

Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 August 08, 10:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Eleanora. Very ye olde type cottage - then the surprise Japanesey theme inside.  Cheesy

What, where?
You mean the wood panelling? I figured that was the way olde worlde cottage had their walls covered. And since EAxis doesn't offer a whole lot of choice, and I did not want to use the same panelling in every room, I had to use some 'non-European panelling'.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: