More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 08:43:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Fail: August
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Fail: August  (Read 168667 times)
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
Re: EAxis House of Fail: August
« Reply #225 on: 2008 August 27, 18:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, that is stunning.

Personally I'm enjoying the casual nature of this challenge. Plus, if I won one, I'd have to go and find a lot to renovate and I'm really far too lazy. I'd rather sit here and wait for other people to trawl through the crap.  Grin

I like the casual nature as well. I prefer challenge to contest in this case.

As far as which house to do, I don't have a problem with someone saying "I picked one, shall we?" and like we've done before, either say "oh cool" or "hey, what about this one instead" because goodness knows there are enough craptastic Maxis houses to keep us busy for years.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2008 August 27, 18:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a look back through the thread and did come up with my top five and the major reason for each.
They're in chronological order, not order of preference.

Emma's for use of Seasons and Freetime Goodies. I tend to forget to try out all the new stuffs, so lots that feature them are cool, and this looks really playable and fun.

Witche's for the lovely adobe exterior and the ultra winful basement. This lot requires further study for copying inspiration purposes.

Salix Tree's for the overall peaceful feeling of natural goodness.

MaayaBee's for excellent downtown pizazz.

Zazazu's for being institutional but still appealing, and having so many AL possibilities.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
MaayaBee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2008 August 28, 04:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go for it. Any clues? Grin

Pleasantview. Smiley

Umm... my guess for that would be the wooden shack.

Msalwaysright: Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, my community lot logistically sound for townies/NPC. Stupid sims kept on eating at the bars, which forced my host and waiter to go to the first floor and basement. This in turn, blocked the elevator and made sims do a long detour through the stairs.

I guess I was trying to design a "realistic" bar/restaurant/club and didn't think about gameplay. I'm still pretty happy about how it looks, but seeing townies and NPC's doing unnecessary detours piss me off.

One thing I noticed about elevators is that the pinging noise when the door opens gets old very fast. So, maybe that's a reason why ppl don't use it as much in their construction.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2008 August 28, 22:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again I've dawdled until the end of the month, and now I have to do a quick drive-by posting while literally on my way out the door to Bangkok for the weekend. Whoo for the holiday; less whoo for the attempted governmental coup currently in process. Should be fun. Aaaaaanyway... my take on 73 RtN, which thoroughly kicked my ass. Attempted Awesomespec. Usual jiggerypokery in moveobjects/diagonal/etcetera. Not playtested; should be ample room for skilling/rewards. Built with all but K&B, TSS, IKEA & AL. Think there's only, like, one plant from Celebration. Can post more detailed pics when I get back, but here's the basics... hope you enjoy!

Ooh, forgot to mention the price, which is... written down in a notebook somewhere around here. Will add later if I find. But it's wanded, for your protection. Wink
Download

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2008 August 28, 22:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh nice job Liz! I particularly like the way you have the stairs where the bar/pool/hottub area is. That's a fetching brick, someone else used it too and I though I must try it. I also like the way you've got the easel on a little platform, nice accent.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: 2008 August 30, 08:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My entry is finished and so is The Incubator's incubation! She's popped and we have a spiffy little female spawn. Due to having been up for over three days... I can't add my entry tonight. Might not get it in till after the first. HOWEVER... I will be dropping it off in case anyone would like a copy. Woo! -faceplants into bed-

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: 2008 August 31, 10:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, msalwaysright, for the lovely compliment. Wink .. comes from living out in the middle of nowhere.

It doesn't matter here, Goopy is mine. More's the pity. You can declare undying love if you want and it wouldn't matter Cheesy

hmm.. well oki.. *looks a little sheepish*
er.. I have to go.. a secret rendezvous.. with ummm.. someone.. er.. not Goopy, nope.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 31, 10:09:00 by SalixTree » Logged

why be normal?
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2008 September 01, 18:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My entry is still underway but almost finished. Feces occurs and I'm still not caught up. Playing with my new Sims stuff has made it much more fun, though!  Grin

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2008 September 09, 03:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't matter here, Goopy is mine. More's the pity. You can declare undying love if you want and it wouldn't matter Cheesy

Embarrassed So sorry Emma. The Goop has expired. Blackwater Hattie, the Swamp Witch, put him in the pool without a ladder.  Cry

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: 2008 September 09, 05:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Embarrassed So sorry Emma. The Goop has expired. Blackwater Hattie, the Swamp Witch, put him in the pool without a ladder.  Cry

Oh dear. What a shame.

*Emma sniggers

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: 2008 September 11, 18:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WAY late, but the baby spawn has finally settled into some sort of rhythm and so have we. Figured I'd upload while I had the chance.

MOAR Levels img

MOAR Detail img

Download

All packs & expansions up to Seasons, nothing beyond that. Car not included. Baby on kitchen floor, child in front yard not included. I blanked on how much the lot runs, but I did use the wand.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: