More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 21:32:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ridiculous 'follow' obsession
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ridiculous 'follow' obsession  (Read 21561 times)
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Ridiculous 'follow' obsession
« Reply #25 on: 2008 July 31, 05:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No wolf yet for me, or penguin, but I'm getting more strays than skunks.

As for toddler bathing, it varies from house to house. One has no tub on first floor. Onee has a tub in a nearby room. Most have a tub in the first-floor bathroom.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 July 31, 06:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do scream to be let out of their cribs when they wake up, but my Servos are smart enough to go do that right away.

Inge at Simlogical has a hack that allows toddlers to get out of their cribs autonomously. I'm not altogether sure, but they may need to be able to walk first. Either that or it's dependent on personality - a very few of my toddlers won't do it.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 July 31, 13:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge at Simlogical has a hack that allows toddlers to get out of their cribs autonomously. I'm not altogether sure, but they may need to be able to walk first. Either that or it's dependent on personality - a very few of my toddlers won't do it.

I think it's based on the lazy/active level of the toddler, but yea, that's a very handy hack.

As for my no-wolf/stray issue, I took out nostrayrespawn last night before playing Desiderata, and immediately got strays on the first lot I played.  Didn't see a wolf until I used the NPC spawner on the mailbox to spawn one, but now there's one in the hood at least.  So I guess nostrayrespawn keeps any strays or wolves from spawning in a new hood. Now that I have some, I can put nostrayrespawn back in.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 July 31, 13:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for my no-wolf/stray issue, I took out nostrayrespawn last night before playing Desiderata, and immediately got strays on the first lot I played.  Didn't see a wolf until I used the NPC spawner on the mailbox to spawn one, but now there's one in the hood at least.  So I guess nostrayrespawn keeps any strays or wolves from spawning in a new hood. Now that I have some, I can put nostrayrespawn back in.

Excellent strategy!  Glad I thought of it.  Embarrassed  I will try this.

Tribulatio proxima est
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 July 31, 14:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only have up to Seasons, but my toddlers were always bent on following, since the base game time - the only autonomous thing they would ever do after I hack-protected crappers against them (although neglected toddlers override that restriction). If a target is on another floor and there's a fishtank nearby, they'd at least go and gawk at it, if no fishtank - nothing. Just would sit and think of the stairs.

How I handle them, depends if I'm playing out some scenario or just killing time. If the latter, just lock the little bugger in the small room with floor blanket, a couple of snapdragons and a rabbit head and you can forget about it until its birthday. And nobabyharrassment is a must in any case. Arguably one of the most necessary hacks ever.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 July 31, 15:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent strategy!  Glad I thought of it.  Embarrassed  I will try this.
That's a good side effect for my 'hood-in-building. There aren't supposed to be any plants or animals on the mainland. No life, period. I'm going to set the visitor controller to ban all critters, but not having those character files will be nice. Right now, absolutely everyone is banned (no bills, not that it matters), though somehow the gypsy still showed up to drop off a lamp. No one was over 6 points in enthusiasm and no one had a LTA bar even a fourth full or was permaplat.  Roll Eyes

In Teardrop Isle, without having wolfwatchers at any point, I do get wolves on lots. Like with the other EP setups, wolves are more likely to show up on heavily treed lots, and I've definitely noticed that in play. I only have two stray pets left, which I need to get adopted into families or given to the pound, but the suckers never show up when someone is on the lot. Stupid tiny jack russell terrier and overgrown chihuahua thing!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 July 31, 15:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you also adopt strays via the tele-ma-phone? If you're tired of waiting for them...

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 July 31, 17:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if the pool of pets on the phone is the same as the pool of strays that wander lots. Maybe if you exhaust the pool on the phone, it gets filled with the strays?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 July 31, 17:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't sure. I rarely do pets. I have it installed for the Space Theme furniture for the kiddos.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 July 31, 17:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if the pool of pets on the phone is the same as the pool of strays that wander lots. Maybe if you exhaust the pool on the phone, it gets filled with the strays?
They are not the same pool. However, the dragooning of strays occurs if you have a piece of Awesomeware installed, nostrayrespawn. If you try to adopt pets and the adoption pool has been depleted, nostrayrespawn causes the game to start catching strays to offer prospective pet-adopters.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 July 31, 18:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I knew there was more than one reason I kept nostrayrespawn in my game. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 July 31, 19:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are not the same pool. However, the dragooning of strays occurs if you have a piece of Awesomeware installed, nostrayrespawn. If you try to adopt pets and the adoption pool has been depleted, nostrayrespawn causes the game to start catching strays to offer prospective pet-adopters.
Well, that's nice. I have quite a few pets in the adoption pool at the moment (mostly kittens/cats and puppies, as Terrence has depleted all of the adoptable dogs, I believe). I want the strays gone the long way as it is part of the mayor's animal control initiative. All strays adopted/turned in, then I'm banning wolves.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 July 31, 23:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's based on the lazy/active level of the toddler, but yea, that's a very handy hack.

I thought they only did it if 1) they can walk and 2) their Fun bar was really low.  I'm pretty sure that they need to have learned how to walk already, but my guess about the Fun need is just blind speculation.  That's what I've noticed anyway.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2008 August 01, 01:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they only did it if 1) they can walk and 2) their Fun bar was really low.  I'm pretty sure that they need to have learned how to walk already, but my guess about the Fun need is just blind speculation.  That's what I've noticed anyway.

The Maxis default is to allow toddlers who have learned to walk to escape from their cribs.  Inge's hack allows all toddlers to do this.

CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 August 13, 16:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just noticing last night that I hadn't seen any stray animals in a long time - thanks to the mod - but I rather prefer it that way. Seeing strays on the sidewalk, especially when they're dumb enough to pass by when it's raining, guilts me into letting my sims befriend them. No strays, no guilt! I've also noticed, though, that three different wolves have spawned, one leader of the pack and two others. But this is also fine with me, as I like the wolves better than any of the Maxis dogs. Now, if they'd just eat the misplaced double bed on my apocalypse lot so I don't have to cheat and move it, myself and leave the damn cheapest trash can alone...

My toddlers follow their parents a lot, as well, but it hasn't been too annoying. Of course, I made it a bit worse on myself by finding a hack on MTS2 that lets toddlers walk up and down stairs. I got it for the reason professorbutters mentioned: when a bigger sim drags it off for whatever reason and leaves it marooned on a different floor from all its stuff. I prefer to use the toddler blanket or Rebekah's one-tile crib (with the added functions that all toddlers can get in and out, alone) and MsBarrow's feeding bowl. With sleep and eating autonomous, there's nothing to pay attention to toddlers for but aspiration boosts. Success!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 August 13, 16:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always wondered, because I never see any wolves, if you have the clean templates and nostrayrespawn... do you have to manually summon a Leader of the Pack?

Or do I just need to place some trees on my lots?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 August 13, 16:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always wondered, because I never see any wolves, if you have the clean templates and nostrayrespawn... do you have to manually summon a Leader of the Pack?

Or do I just need to place some trees on my lots?

I couldn't figure that out.  In the end I created a few wolves and a Leader of the Pack (two actually, by mistake) out of sheer impatience.  One of them ate Jfade's sofa.  I'm leaving nostrayrespawn out for a bit, until some strays actually spawn.  Then I can reinstall.

Still haven't seen a penguin.  I must get moar fishes.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 August 13, 16:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen penguins. Let your sims build snowmens.

Is there a safe way to summon LotP? I vaguely remember something about using boolprop is a Bad Idea, or is that only in neighborhoods that don't use the templates and should already have a LotP? My mind is making the connection that boolprop make LotP is along the same lines as using boolprop to give a sim an alien pregnancy. Bad mojo.

CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 August 13, 17:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't know what's bringing my wolves. It's an apocalypse lot on dirt terrain - no trees, no bushes, no pond. When the leader of the pack showed up, there was only my founder living there. He just came over and started digging a hole in the far corner. The other two came around before any kids were born.

I didn't use the cleaned-up templates when I installed the game on this laptop.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 August 13, 17:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use clean templates as well as the anti townie, dormie, and stray respawn hacks. My new 'hood spawned a white wolf (not LotP) night before last. I haven't gotten any other strays, and no townies or vacationers have spawned. I only have 19 townies and no vacation goers or locals.

The penguin is over all the time in this 'hood. No fishies and no snowmen. Winter only had a light dusting.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 August 13, 17:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, apart from the eaten sofa, and the fact that the wolves all seem to hate each other and fight constantly, there does not seem to be any borkage from my create LotP actions.  Mind you, time will tell, no doubt.

Tribulatio proxima est
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 August 13, 20:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beancounters is plagued by penguins - no idea why. Maybe someone smells of fish.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2008 August 13, 20:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beancounters is plagued by penguins - no idea why. Maybe someone smells of fish.
Do they have any fish/boots up on display?

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 August 13, 21:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a safe way to summon LotP? I vaguely remember something about using boolprop is a Bad Idea, or is that only in neighborhoods that don't use the templates and should already have a LotP? My mind is making the connection that boolprop make LotP is along the same lines as using boolprop to give a sim an alien pregnancy. Bad mojo.

I created mine with the NPC creator on the mailbox, and no problems that I've seen.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 August 13, 23:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they have any fish/boots up on display?

Not in the house, not. There are fish on display in the fish museum on one of their community lots. Currently the family owns 6 businesses and 3 vacation homes as well as the regular house.

Can sims become slum landlords in AL?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: