More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:04:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Furious State-Any Mods/hacks to get around this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Furious State-Any Mods/hacks to get around this?  (Read 53421 times)
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Furious State-Any Mods/hacks to get around this?
« Reply #125 on: 2005 November 10, 08:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

, especially if what the BradyGames book says is true (which of course might very well not be, and no, I didn't buy it, I flipped through it at Barnes and Nobles. Tongue) about having to apologize once every hour to get the furious state to go down. That is just so ridiculous!

I've had furious states disappear with no apologising at all.    Apologising makes the relationship go up faster obviously - not sure if it also makes the furious state disappear faster, but it goes away after a certain amount of time anyway.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: 2005 November 10, 12:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, although they managed to make personality clashes factor into randomly starting fights and what not, they should have at least balanced it out enough so that sims might also actually autonomously decide to apologize. I have never seen this, prior to NL, and so far, in the few experiences I've had, mostly testing, and now playing, it seems the only way to repair relationships really is for the user to do so manually, which just gets tedious, especially if what the BradyGames book says is true (which of course might very well not be, and no, I didn't buy it, I flipped through it at Barnes and Nobles. Tongue) about having to apologize once every hour to get the furious state to go down. That is just so ridiculous! And forget about non-controllable/unselectable sims. Once a fight breaks out, that's pretty much all that's goin happen all freakin day and night long if you stay on the lot the whole time. Tongue

How do we get them to apologise manually?  I've never seen the option to apologise for any of my Sims.  I've seen them ask to apologise to someone in their wants panel after a fight (crikey, even Lilith Dreamer wanted to do it, which surprised me) and I've seen one or two autonomously do it, but I've never had the option to get them to do it, which means I can't satisfy the want or reduce the furious state come to that.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2005 November 10, 12:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the furious state too.   I love the fighting.   I have a couple of sims with only 1 nice point and they fight, shove, poke and fight with everybody.    I like the kids to fight too,  I hate when they are good friends with twin brother or sister and they keep playing "cops and robbers" til I want to scream.  So, I make them enemies with the insim.    I love it.   Grin

Sadist who me??   Roll Eyes     why, I am just a shy sweet little thing, NOT.    Grin
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: 2005 November 10, 13:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apologize is under Appreciate, I think.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2005 November 10, 13:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, apologizing doesn't do squat for the furiousness. I've had sims that must have apologized 100 times in a row and I've had sims get their relationships back up to 100/100 after being furious with someone and they still stay furious until that time is up! They'll happily hug the person and kiss kiss greet them and then later steal their newspaper and kick over their trashcan.  Roll Eyes

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2005 November 10, 13:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, apologizing doesn't do squat for the furiousness. I've had sims that must have apologized 100 times in a row and I've had sims get their relationships back up to 100/100 after being furious with someone and they still stay furious until that time is up! They'll happily hug the person and kiss kiss greet them and then later steal their newspaper and kick over their trashcan.  Roll Eyes

And this is yet another reason why we desperately need a hack to set the "furious" timer....

Karen
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2005 November 10, 14:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's really amusing when the sim drops off a bouquet with the note saying "I never knew two sims like us could share such wonderful moments... blabbity blah", leave, and come right back to kick the trashcan. Why didn't they just save themselves some time and kick the can while they were dropping off the bouquet?  Roll Eyes
Dolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Furious State-Any Mods/hacks to get around this?--Insimenator has it now.
« Reply #132 on: 2005 November 10, 22:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok for those who dont know Insimenator now has the option to set furious or none furious. This would be good if you still want some people to kick each others butts all day and others to still love each other after a major breakup. the link is. http://www.insimenator.net/viewtopic.php?t=403

Worked great for me.

Hmmm... it doesn't work all that well for me, but at least it is something, I suppose.  The current version seems to have a bug that if you clear being furious with one sim, you forgive all the sims.  Not quite what I want...  if sim Amy catches sim John cheating on her with sim Betty, I want to be able to make Amy forgive John while still being furious with Betty. 
« Last Edit: 2005 November 10, 22:13:57 by Dolphin » Logged
Dolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2005 November 10, 22:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this is yet another reason why we desperately need a hack to set the "furious" timer....

Karen

Yes!  I couldn't agree more.  Wouldn't it be great if apologizing actually made a big impact on the furious timer?  Then I'd encourage slap fests... they'd be fun! Cheesy

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2005 November 11, 00:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's really amusing when the sim drops off a bouquet with the note saying "I never knew two sims like us could share such wonderful moments... blabbity blah", leave, and come right back to kick the trashcan. Why didn't they just save themselves some time and kick the can while they were dropping off the bouquet?  Roll Eyes
Like Justin Running to call his ex wife the minute you take your eyes off him huh? so much for the fury causing a sim to hate .I think a mod that makes the furious  state  more realistic  and allows us to choose whether our sim should dislike the other sim after the fury wears off would be better.how many people would run to call their ex's the minute the anger dies down if the divorce was caused by an affair?

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2005 November 30, 03:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you can set the furiousness with the debug options, so it might assist with stories that way...

I've had Sims who are not furious steal newspapers randomly - they all seem to be the ones with the fewest Nice points, as far as I can tell. It's usually the same few who do it.
Dolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2005 November 30, 13:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you can set the furiousness with the debug options, so it might assist with stories that way...

I've had Sims who are not furious steal newspapers randomly - they all seem to be the ones with the fewest Nice points, as far as I can tell. It's usually the same few who do it.

I think I remember seeing where you can set it, but can you clear it?  If so, how?

The only way I know how to manually clear it is the InSim, which in the current version has a bug where if you clear being furious with one sim, you clear being furious with all sims.  Eric is supposed to fix that in the next release, though...

What I would rather see is a hack that made it so when my romance sim apologized to his girlfriend that caught him cheating with someone else, it would clear the furious state with him, but not with the sim he was cheating on her with.
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2005 November 30, 17:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the offtopic-ness but BRYNNE -- where did you get those awesome leather chairs in that picture?  They look really nice... *drools*

Mooooo
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2005 November 30, 18:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, our sims have learned to be passive-aggressive!  This is getting uncannily close to real life Smiley

I started a couple soon after getting NL and forgot to set their relationship in CAS.  I also selected their zodiac, aspiration and Turns ons/off randomly with no thoughts of compatibility.  When I put them on a lot, I left them to interact on their own.  They hated each other on sight!  Within minutes they were enemies.  At first I thought that was hilarious and figured it might be interesting story wise, to have a couple who hated each other.  They I realized they weren't a couple yet.  Duh.  So I stepped in and stop their interactions, which mostly consisted of slapping, showing, and poking.  But the minute I left them alone two seconds they were at each other's throat again. (I play with free will on at all times).  The thought of monitoring them every second until the relationship was repaired didn't appeal, so I exited went to SimsPE, reset their relationship to zero, and made them a little more compatible.

So I had him move out of the household and had her woo him until he agreed to marry her.  It was funny because even though he was head over heels in love (dream date and all) he was still furious with her.  Talk about passive aggressiveness

I think maybe a simple realistic solution (read hack) to fix this would be through the apologize function.  My idea is to have the furious state decay very very slowly.  However an apology would shorten the furious stage by let's say 5-10%.  Queue up 10-20 apologies (so basically get on yer freaking knees and grovel like you have never groveled before) and you'd be out of the dog house (no more furious state) and the relationship partially repaired.  Since sims do not normally apologize on their own, this would leave the whole thing up to the player.  Leave them to be enemies or make them forgive each other.

Maybe you could even tweak it by having compatibility influence by which % the furious state is decreased for each apology. 
« Last Edit: 2005 November 30, 18:48:36 by angelyne » Logged
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2005 December 01, 21:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with those who want the reasons for furor to be quasi-realistic.  If you catch your significant other in the arms of another, then get pissed and stay pissed, dammit.   If you happen to, I don't know, autonomously read the tag on a bouquet of Dream Date roses and realize that OMG! your fiancee when on a date with someone else...when she was a teenager, be glad that you're not marrying a total loser and get over yourself.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2005 December 01, 21:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the offtopic-ness but BRYNNE -- where did you get those awesome leather chairs in that picture?  They look really nice... *drools*

Here, under dining room:

http://reflexsims.de/
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2005 December 02, 19:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think maybe a simple realistic solution (read hack) to fix this would be through the apologize function.  My idea is to have the furious state decay very very slowly.  However an apology would shorten the furious stage by let's say 5-10%.  Queue up 10-20 apologies (so basically get on yer freaking knees and grovel like you have never groveled before) and you'd be out of the dog house (no more furious state) and the relationship partially repaired.  Since sims do not normally apologize on their own, this would leave the whole thing up to the player.  Leave them to be enemies or make them forgive each other.

I've had Sims autonomously apologize, but this was pre-Uni so I don't know if it's changed. Two Romance females I'd moved into a lot to simulate an apartment, along with a bunch of others. As teenagers one was making out with another Romance boy at his house when the 'other woman' just HAPPENED to walk by and caught them, and one of the women apologized to the other autonomously while they were just standing around in the apartment foyer. I also had another Romance sim roll up four wants to apologize to other Sims, again pre-Uni, but she hadn't actually done anything to make them mad at her and when I brought them over there was no way to have her apologize at all... was it her subconscious desire to start a relationship and then catch THEM cheating so she'd have to apologize? Tongue Stupid Maxis logic.
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2005 December 02, 22:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here, under dining room:

http://reflexsims.de/
Thanks, Brynne!  Those chairs are now in my sims' houses.

Mooooo
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2005 December 02, 23:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Sims autonomously apologize, but this was pre-Uni so I don't know if it's changed.

I'm thinking even if they still do apologize autonomously, I doubt they wil obsess on it like they do about playing red hands, so my idea would still work.

It makes sense to me anyway.  Dunno how "moddable" it is.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: