More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 07, 17:39:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Furious State-Any Mods/hacks to get around this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Furious State-Any Mods/hacks to get around this?  (Read 54061 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Furious State-Any Mods/hacks to get around this?
« Reply #75 on: 2005 November 07, 22:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess Joel was just being polite and wanted to leave. Grin
that could be or maybe the fact it was all family there and no chicks for him to pick up on Grin

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2005 November 07, 23:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I could alter that relationship I mentioned in various ways, but I'd rather wait to see how long they keep at it before they realise their true feelings.  Oddly enough, the only interaction option with a bolt open to my Sim is "Irritate", which suggests to me that he gets turned-on by being nasty.  Maybe all this fighting stuff is just a courting ritual.

Oh, and CrammyBoy has a couple of mods on here relating to fighting and the furious state that deal with the original request in this thread.  I'm not using them because I prefer to enjoy the fun, but for those who want to ease things a bit, they should do the trick.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2005 November 07, 23:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are usually too busy doing what I told them to do to loiter around the mailbox. If I catch them wasting time by playing kicky bag (hate kicky bag) or pillow fighting (hate it even more at least kicky bag is good for building daily relationshop score) I send them off to do something constructive like paint or use the telescope, or a career reward object.

I'm a controlling, but normally benevolent Goddess to my sims Wink

This is a typical shot of my game. The number of playable sims in my house has a huge impact on the number of sims loitering around my mailbox!  Cheesy

What kind of system do you have to be running that many sims and what kind of meds do you take to keep them all straight.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 November 08, 00:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talking of the Tricous (as Zephyr was up there), has anyone noticed that Jennicor has pointed ears?  I cloned all the Tricous  so I can put them into play in my new neighbourhood when I get around to it and when I looked at Jennicor I noticed the ears (conveniently hidden behind her hair in her thumbnail).  I don't know if any of the others have them, I haven't checked.  Might explain their weird names, perhaps they're meant to be the last descendants of some forgotten elven race or something ...

I hadn't really noticed, but then I often have elves and Vulcans, so I suppose I tend to just ignore the ears - except one lot who have enormous ones!

Update on the Tricous - Fricorith has just moved to college, and wanted to play with Lilith, so he invited her over and the minute she arrived he smooched her and got three lightning bolts!  The next day, he got home from college and she was there waiting for him, so he asked her to move in, and she has three lightning bolts for him too!  Amazing, considering how different their personalities are!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 November 08, 00:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What kind of system do you have to be running that many sims and what kind of meds do you take to keep them all straight.

Believe it or not, I'm playing on a laptop. As far as listing my meds, how much time have you got? Wink
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 November 08, 01:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The furious state is annoying! In one of my Legacy families (I'm addicted to starting them!) My Gen 2 Heiress has 10 neat points, and her husband has (I think) 1. Naturally, every time he showers, he leaves a giant puddle. This makes her furious with him (-100/-100). Since he HAS to bathe, this is a vicious cycle. Grr.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 November 08, 02:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buy him a bathtub!  Messy sims usually prefer to bathe! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2005 November 08, 02:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Believe it or not, I'm playing on a laptop. As far as listing my meds, how much time have you got? Wink

You never stop amazing me. I start killing sims off when they get over 6 in a family. I usto have horrible lag probs and it is just now a habit to murder them lol.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 November 08, 02:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just move some of them out?  Create some nice old folks condos and let them just move in and live there happily?  You needn't play the lot if you get too many couples in there.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 November 08, 02:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You never stop amazing me. I start killing sims off when they get over 6 in a family. I usto have horrible lag probs and it is just now a habit to murder them lol.

Oh, don't make me burst into tears!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2005 November 08, 03:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I got one of my 3-Bolt-Enemies to join the other at the pinball machine tonight and they seemed to be doing OK so I moved away.  Seconds later, they were fighting again.  Earlier they'd had two other fights one after the other according to his memories and I'd only noticed one of them.  Current score is 3 to her and 2 to him.  Oh and I forgot to mention that everytime she beats him in a fight, he springs-up a want to see her ghost.  And he isn't even Knowledge.  I just have to get this couple together when he graduates, they're cracking me up.  I think I'll move him into a house so he doesn't see her every waking moment, that way he will eventually stop being furious with her and maybe we can get somewhere.  I want the relationship to turn to love naturally (and it WILL, I insist on it).  Perhaps I should make her playable so I can control them both rather than just one of them.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 November 08, 03:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I got one of my 3-Bolt-Enemies to join the other at the pinball machine tonight and they seemed to be doing OK so I moved away.  Seconds later, they were fighting again.  Earlier they'd had two other fights one after the other according to his memories and I'd only noticed one of them.  Current score is 3 to her and 2 to him.  Oh and I forgot to mention that everytime she beats him in a fight, he springs-up a want to see her ghost.  And he isn't even Knowledge.  I just have to get this couple together when he graduates, they're cracking me up.  I think I'll move him into a house so he doesn't see her every waking moment, that way he will eventually stop being furious with her and maybe we can get somewhere.  I want the relationship to turn to love naturally (and it WILL, I insist on it).  Perhaps I should make her playable so I can control them both rather than just one of them.
sounds like  true I love you but I hate you relationship going on in your Game.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 November 08, 03:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy shit Brynne if I ever tried to play with that many sims in a household my computer would explode. You must have a really awesome processor and lots of RAM.

Not to mention the fact that my brain would explode. I find an 8 sim household a bit hectic sometimes.

I normally play with grandparents, parents and a few kids.  I have a Greek House going that's been continuously running around 6-8 sims and it gets really hectic at times what with trying to make sure everybody gets their term papers done on time and keeping them all from playing dratted kicky bag and keeping them from picking fights with one another (have a bunch of them that have ended up hating each other)
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 November 08, 09:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing that gets me with Brynnes house is that they are all platinum!! I give myself a pat on the back when I get 5 Sims platinum at one time.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 November 08, 10:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there's a cheat for that too!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 November 08, 11:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there's a cheat for that too!
I dont use a cheat and  3/4 of my neighborhood is platinum with 3 more that will go platinum with their next promotion it isnt that hard . unless the LTW is  30 best friends or 100,000 simoleons . all the career related ones are easy and the graduate three kids from college is easy . I have a sim that will go platinum as soon as I return to Uni to send her son to final exams he is a senior  with 2 hours til final exam in his last.semester  he majored in mathematics she has 2 sons currently at uni  the older one of the two is about to graduate Summa Cum Laude and her oldest 2 have already Graduated Summa Cum Laude. her Hubby is about three promotions from Platinum right now. My sims I got from Brynne Justin and Josh  are almost platinum 1 promotion away and Joe is Platinum  . the only one close to platinum of  Justin's sons is Joel the romance son he has to fall in love one more time his LTW was to have 20 simultaneous Loves . Grandpa went platinum thanks to my bordello.Justins Mother is almost Platinum one more woohoo at the bordello and she will be platinum. I swear  Joel the teenage son of Justin is in love with every townie teen in my hood. but only has one steady girlfriend Gvuadoin Tricou is his  Steady girlfriend. I didnt want him to go steady with the townie teens

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 November 08, 14:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yeah, that platinum thing. Actually, only Justin, Josh, Joe, and Bradley are truly platinum. The rest are temporarily cheated up to platinum just to stop the whining while I was having a sim-photo session. My photo-sessions are long, drawn out processes. Long enough for the aspirations to drop. So that's just temporary for all but the previously mentioned 4 sims. Justin, I'm proud to say, went platinum as a teen! Of course, he was a teen for 4-5 months, real time!

Oh, and for those wondering about my computer specs, they're really quite modest. I play on a WinBook W364 (which is a pretty decent gaming lacktop, but lacks the flashiness of an Alienware. Also lacks the pricetag!),Intel Pentium M 2.0 GHz, 512 MB RAM (must upgrade!!!), 80 GB 4200rpm Ultra ATA hard drive (must also upgrade!!!), and the selling point for me was its ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 video card with 128MB dedicated memory (pretty damn decent for a laptop). Another nice feature is that many of these things are upgradeable. Unfortunately, not the video card, though, but it plays my game flawlessly so I won't complain until TS3 comes out. But, as you can see, my set up is not at all flashy.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 08, 14:12:43 by Brynne » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005 November 08, 14:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's always easy enough to get them to go platinum for career and friendship aspirations, but only if you play with aging off - and that's a form of cheating too!  In a sense, even using career rewards is cheating, buying expensive cars that they can sit in to boost their mood and their energy is cheating, anything that doesn't match up to RL is cheating - but it's our game, and we get to choose what kind of cheating we use!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 November 08, 14:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's always easy enough to get them to go platinum for career and friendship aspirations, but only if you play with aging off - and that's a form of cheating too!  In a sense, even using career rewards is cheating, buying expensive cars that they can sit in to boost their mood and their energy is cheating, anything that doesn't match up to RL is cheating - but it's our game, and we get to choose what kind of cheating we use!

Oh, yes, I use the aging off cheat. It's a must for me. I don't consider it a cheat the way I play, though, because, as I've said before, my main point in playing the game is for a storyline involving one family. And they go through a lot! You can say one thing about my characters; they're all very fleshed out!

My Bayfield family is actually a grown-up version of a family I used to write stories about as a kid. So, I can't kill them off. Joe's been with me since I was about 9 years old, in one form or another!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 November 08, 14:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yes, I use the aging off cheat. It's a must for me. I don't consider it a cheat the way I play, though, because, as I've said before, my main point in playing the game is for a storyline involving one family. And they go through a lot! You can say one thing about my characters; they're all very fleshed out!

My Bayfield family is actually a grown-up version of a family I used to write stories about as a kid. So, I can't kill them off. Joe's been with me since I was about 9 years old, in one form or another!
I have  6 families in my neighbor hood .the Bayfield Family that was renamed the Danforth Family , the Aming Family ,The walker Family,the Loveall Family and the Trcou Family. they all know each other and their Families interact on a daily basis. for  example Joey's girlfriend is the Daughter of the newly ressurrected  Jennail and Kvornan Gvuadoin. she is stunning with new makeup  and custom hair. the only sims I create for that hood is f my storyline needs a  marriage to occur or  an affair to happen. the whole reason I decided to use  zephyr's I dea and ressurect the Tricou family was to keep intermarriage from occurring in the hood.thats the sme reason I created three sims in CAS and placed them in the hood . I needed tthem as marriage partners. I also needed a female for one of my Romance sims to have an affair with and fall in love with even though he isnt free to marry her. which she doesnt want anyway because she herself is a Romance sim.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 November 08, 15:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

6 families?  My goodness, I must have nearer 36!  I get bored with playing the same family for too long, so I have loads of different ones!  and then, sometimes I just want to create some new sims and build them a house!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 November 08, 15:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a billion families, but they all exist for the sake of my beloved Bayfields, lol!
I've thought about resurrecting the Tricou ghosts. Just because as ghosts they drove me CRAZY. I put them in evil Sadie's inventory instead. Mwahahahahaha...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 November 08, 16:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a billion families, but they all exist for the sake of my beloved Bayfields, lol!
I've thought about resurrecting the Tricou ghosts. Just because as ghosts they drove me CRAZY. I put them in evil Sadie's inventory instead. Mwahahahahaha...
hey as Living sims they are pretty cool  in Fact  Gvaudoin is a beauty with the right hair and make up and your beloved Joey fell head over heels in Love with her the living breathing Gvaudoin  not the Ghost.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 08, 16:46:48 by Bangelnuts » Logged

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005 November 08, 16:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Maxis MEANT them to be resurrected - that's why so many of them had resurrect wants!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005 November 08, 16:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Maxis MEANT them to be resurrected - that's why so many of them had resurrect wants!
I think your'e right

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: