More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:53:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  sims meeting in vacations
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: sims meeting in vacations  (Read 5882 times)
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
sims meeting in vacations
« on: 2008 July 29, 02:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi, in game actually is possible two o more diferents famlily meanwhile are in same vacation destiny can meet in community lot Huh  i dont see it and if not possible can someone make a hack Huh?

example family smith go to hotel A and family brock go to hotel B, can simth and brock meet in a community lot Huh

i use clean hood and vacations destiny i now i can  make new local could be great if diferents family meet each other

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: sims meeting in vacations
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 29, 02:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think entire chapters of Awesomeland have been founded on this concept.

In other words: yes, I believe playable families can meet up with each other on vacation community lots, if they are both on vacation at the same locale at the same time.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 29, 02:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other words: yes, I believe playable families can meet up with each other on vacation community lots, if they are both on vacation at the same locale at the same time.

yes Huh i never see any post about this  well  here and  Peasantryany where i most visit  Smiley.

well if is posibly i will try, when the BV was shiped i send two diferents to same vacation destiny and  when one family was in community lot never see member of other family i will try again.

thank you.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 29, 03:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes Huh i never see any post about this  well  here and  Peasantryany where i most visit  Smiley.

If it is not a problem with the game, it likely will not be posted in Podium, and will not have a fix in the Peasantry.  The game chooses which sims show up on community lots - if your other playable family has not shown up, it does not necessarily mean that they can not show up.  As you say, try again and perhaps you will see them there.

[Edited following new learnings:]
See post by Pescado below.  Different playable families in different hotels apparently will not meet on holiday community lots.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 29, 13:31:24 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 29, 12:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they can't. That is strictly an Awesomeland-only feature that required massive arm-twisting to accomplish. I had to rewrite a goodly chunk of the visitor selection routines to make that possible, and invoke the use of customized tokens. It wasn't easy to do and it was very messy and required copious amounts of browbeating. Perhaps a better version will be made available if I ever get to go on any more vacations and research the subject more.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 29, 13:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I was wrong, edespino! I usually just take one family and play it straight through until it's time for them to go home, so I've never had more than one playable family on vacation.

And that really sucks that they can't meet up with each other without the fitting of square pegs into round holes. Stupid Eaxis.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 29, 14:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I was wrong, edespino! I usually just take one family and play it straight through until it's time for them to go home, so I've never had more than one playable family on vacation.

And that really sucks that they can't meet up with each other without the fitting of square pegs into round holes. Stupid Eaxis.

no problem thank you,  yeah that suck, the first time  i notice this i am very upset. That is because almost no send sims to vacation i found no sense send to vacation if can meet other playable.

if J. M. Pescado some day relese something make do this possible maybe i send my sims more often, the vacation suck and pet and uni and ........  hey almost all game. I think whitout hacks could never play it  Grin.

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 29, 15:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just thought of something. You could try putting Inge's teleporter cat on a vacation community lot, take one family to the lot, and then summon the other vacationing family using the teleporter. It's a manual workaround, and it means they won't run into each other randomly, but in the absence of Awesomeware it might do the trick.

(Note: I have not tried this myself, so I can't guarantee that it will work, but I can't think of a reason it wouldn't.)

purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 29, 16:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just thought of something. You could try putting Inge's teleporter cat on a vacation community lot, take one family to the lot, and then summon the other vacationing family using the teleporter. It's a manual workaround, and it means they won't run into each other randomly, but in the absence of Awesomeware it might do the trick.

I've used various summoning tools to set up certain scenes on vacation lots in my legacy and stories, and I know others have too. It definitely works, though I don't know how long the summoned sims will linger on the lot if they're not made selectable.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 29, 16:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can always bring them along as a vacation guest. Or meet them at a community lot. =p

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 29, 16:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Note: I have not tried this myself, so I can't guarantee that it will work, but I can't think of a reason it wouldn't.)

yes by the moment this is the more possible way, maybe worth try it. thank for the trick.      

You can always bring them along as a vacation guest. Or meet them at a community lot. =p

well the way the game handles the  vacation guest really suck and meet them at a community lot is the i a want Grin.   

« Last Edit: 2008 July 29, 17:57:10 by BastDawn » Logged

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 29, 16:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it make a difference if they buy vacation homes instead of using hotels? <just curious> </cat>

Unsouper
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 29, 17:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

good question i never think in that but sadly guess not.

Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 30, 16:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, my families see playables from the hood all the time when they're on vacation. I thought this was normal, since I use clean vacation templates and haven't created any locals/tourists yet.  Undecided After reading this thread, perhaps my game's just borked.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: