More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:45:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How long does Louis Aspir live anyway?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How long does Louis Aspir live anyway?  (Read 26173 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
How long does Louis Aspir live anyway?
« on: 2008 July 28, 08:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just played a 3 day cycle of the Aspirs. Louis was 108 when I started. On 3 consecutive nights he has beaten Death and kept his life. He is now 111. Does that damn genie give never-ending life? This is the first time I've ever had a sim win against Death and this is 3 times in a row.

I've been looking forward to my first Desiderata ghost.  Angry

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
Re: How long does Louis Aspir live anyway?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 28, 10:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just played a 3 day cycle of the Aspirs. Louis was 108 when I started. On 3 consecutive nights he has beaten Death and kept his life. He is now 111. Does that damn genie give never-ending life? This is the first time I've ever had a sim win against Death and this is 3 times in a row.

I've been looking forward to my first Desiderata ghost.  Angry

I noticed that last night, when I made him marry one of my legacy founders. (I know, hes not a townie/NPC, but its for my personal enjoyment.) I haven't played that lot long enough for him to meet his demise yet, so that's going to be interesting...

- INTJ -
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 28, 11:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Destroy his portrait. If you destroy his portrait, he will die instantly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 28, 11:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was wondering if maybe there was a bug in the genie wish that allows a sim to cheat death.

Srs?!?  Cheesy God knows the sims have some bizarre bugs but that just seems a little too weird even for the sims. His name is Louis Aspir, not Dorian Gray.

« Last Edit: 2008 July 28, 11:19:23 by witch » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 28, 12:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Srs?!?  Cheesy God knows the sims have some bizarre bugs but that just seems a little too weird even for the sims. His name is Louis Aspir, not Dorian Gray.
Yeah, but I make that joke whenever someone complains about a sim that doesn't die. The BBS sheep never get it, though. I've actually been trying to make a Dorian Gray painting for the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 28, 14:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played them almost 10 days and Louis was still hanging around, so I used Inge's 'days left' shrub to find out what's going on.  He may not have ever-lasting life, but at that point he still had 12 days left, which would make him something like 140 by the time he actually died.  I used TJ's blender to knock 9 days off his lifespan, and after 3 more days he did  die normally.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 28, 14:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Luis Aspir lived a long time in my game, as well--I think around 120 days. Of course, that just meant he had more time to cheat on resurrected Noriko, which he did frequently.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 28, 15:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Terrence Rowe beat Death about six times, which is pretty darned lucky because I believe the odds were only 10% the last couple of times. After three times, I let him drink a bottle of elixir in between, since I figured Death would be getting pretty miffed about coming over all the time and getting nothing for his trouble. After six, I set his days left to 5,000. I figured Death would be right sick of him. Though I do imagine that he takes more pleasure in taking Terrence's relatives and pets away.

Eventually I may allow him to be offed. I'm not sure. I have my own idea story-wise of why he was winning, and I'd like to work that in. But at the same point, I've had this sim around for four/five generations of a prosperity-type 'hood. I've become accustomed to his face.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 28, 16:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you get the chance to even beat death?  My Sims never get a chance.  Death comes and takes them unless a child or spouse pleads for them.  The only Sim I've ever experienced doing anything at all was Brandi Broke.  When death came for her she punched him and screamed at him.  I had never seen that before ever.
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 28, 16:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When Death comes, you have to have someone nearby that has a really good relationship with the "deceased to be", and they have to plead with Grimmy to spare that sim's life.
Then Grimmy will toss the dice, and usually (but not always) the pleader has even odds of beating death. Of course I just have NL, so the "deceased-to-be" doesn't turn into a zombie, but whatever.
The sim to be taken usually doesn't have a chance in hell for pleading. They have to have someone else do it for them.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 28, 16:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you get the chance to even beat death? 

With FT, you can get "long life" from the genie when the "Otherwise Useless Gypsy"(TM) drops off a lamp.  This, I believe enables the corpse-to-be to play for his/her own life.

Tribulatio proxima est
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 28, 16:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually been trying to make a Dorian Gray painting for the game.
This idea is appealing and full of unbridled win.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 28, 17:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ja, I want also. Just the kind of thing for Koschei the Deathless as well.

Unsouper
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 28, 17:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you get the chance to even beat death? 

With FT, you can get "long life" from the genie when the "Otherwise Useless Gypsy"(TM) drops off a lamp.  This, I believe enables the corpse-to-be to play for his/her own life.
"Cheat Death" is the one that gives a chance to play find-the-shiny. "Long Life" works just like the elixir.
When Death comes, you have to have someone nearby that has a really good relationship with the "deceased to be", and they have to plead with Grimmy to spare that sim's life.
Then Grimmy will toss the dice, and usually (but not always) the pleader has even odds of beating death. Of course I just have NL, so the "deceased-to-be" doesn't turn into a zombie, but whatever.
The sim to be taken usually doesn't have a chance in hell for pleading. They have to have someone else do it for them.

You're getting things mixed up, which isn't surprising since you don't have the EP for the features. Pleading for a loved one results in them either losing and dying or winning and living. It is, IIRC, only an option for deaths other than by old age. There is no chance of zombification. Zombification is possible when using the Resurrect-o-matron (sp?) from the Paranormal career included in Uni. Resurrection is also an option from the genie lamp from FT, but I'm not sure if there is a chance of zombification. I haven't played with that option.

Edit: I just saw a story the resurrected using the genie, and the target did turn zombie. So unless they messed with the settings (and I don't think they were imaginative to do so) zombies are a possible result of genie resurrections.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 28, 20:28:26 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 28, 17:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zombification is possible when using the Resurrect-o-matron (sp?)...
Resurrect-o-Nomitron? o-Nomatron? o-nomi-... The Bone Phone.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 28, 17:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Cheat Death" is the one that gives a chance to play find-the-shiny. "Long Life" works just like the elixir.

Right, exactly like I meant to say.  Embarrassed Roll Eyes

Tribulatio proxima est
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 July 28, 20:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I guess I'm still confused because in the original pictures that are posted at the start of the thread the person is playing for their own life.  How is that done?
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 July 28, 20:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I guess I'm still confused because in the original pictures that are posted at the start of the thread the person is playing for their own life.  How is that done?
It's done by having an FT genie and wishing for said ability.

imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 July 28, 20:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I have a feeling I'm going to get poked for this but here it is anyway, how do you get the gypsy to come to your house, she use to wander onto my lots at one time now she never comes around anymore?

Please...if you poke....poke nicely where I can enjoy it!!!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 July 28, 21:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she doesn't come anymore, you probably have some version of TJ's Visitor Controller in your game -- that bans the Gypsy by default. In order to get the Genie lamp, one of the sims on the lot has to max their enthusiasm in a hobby.  She'll then show up sometime in the next couple of days to drop the lamp off. The VC lets her drop it off and then chases her away. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 July 28, 21:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Resurrect-o-Nomitron? o-Nomatron? o-nomi-... The Bone Phone.
Resurrect-o-NOMNOMitron.

The only Sim I've ever experienced doing anything at all was Brandi Broke.  When death came for her she punched him and screamed at him.  I had never seen that before ever.
Sounds interesting. Do you have pics?

Please...if you poke....poke nicely where I can enjoy it!!!
...ew

INEPT INTP
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 July 28, 21:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

imyourboy, if you don't have TJ's Genie fix in, you can call up the gypsy and she'll deliver a lamp and then leave.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 July 29, 05:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, must have been Cheat Death I wished for; it's been several months now in between playing all the families and starting new ones and getting sidetracked by building, and HOMMV and so on and so on....

I kept trying to get a family member to plead for Louis the first time, until I noticed he was on his knees in front of Death.

I won't be using that wish again, I want some ghosts dammit!

Oh yes, BTW, Dorian Gray - awesome idea! Of course. Funny thing is, I'd just got Louis' granddaughter to paint a couple of portraits of him before he died and at first I thought, 'how did JM KNOW?!'

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 July 29, 09:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, BTW, Dorian Gray - awesome idea! Of course. Funny thing is, I'd just got Louis' granddaughter to paint a couple of portraits of him before he died and at first I thought, 'how did JM KNOW?!'
I know because A: It's a Dorian Gray joke, and B: Because it plays upon exactly this tendency. You think you're the ONLY person to EVER paint a portrait of a soon-to-be-dead sim? Tons of people do that!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 July 29, 09:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hur. Well I'm glad I'm not as unique as a bent spork.

I have so few sims die of old age, I did think I was being quite original.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: