More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 07:26:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  the notowniespawn and the nodormiespawn hacks...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: the notowniespawn and the nodormiespawn hacks...  (Read 5149 times)
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
the notowniespawn and the nodormiespawn hacks...
« on: 2005 November 02, 21:13:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do those 2 work with NL?

And has there been created something called no downtowniespawn hack?

And about the downtownies, I know it takes a while for regular townies to respawn after their population diminshes just wondering about those downtownies. Is it a quick respawn or does it take a few to get missing before the spawning happens?

I want to populate my hoods with them but I don't want any new ones.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: the notowniespawn and the nodormiespawn hacks...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 02, 21:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The notowniespawn works just fine with NL and prevents Downtownies from spawning as well.  I don't have Uni so can't report on that. Smiley

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 02, 21:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^What she said.  The no dormies seems to be working in Uni.  I only have my own sims and a few NPC's.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 02, 22:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just as an aside, the notowniechildren mod doesn't work, which is my absolute favorite.  I don't mind Townie adults and teens, just those kids drive me nuts.  I've taken to making my own Townies since NL and using the NPC maker that can be accessed with testingcheats turned on to create Downtownies in limited quanitites.  Although time consuming it seems like a fairly decent compromise.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 02, 22:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a way around the townie children...

all because I discovered that if you deleteallcharacters and then regenerate downtownies, you don't get elders - so I created some of my own and made them townies with Inge's shrub (couldn't make them downtownies, so townies had to do), after that I sat down to generate townies and downtownies - the process of generating the townies was interesting - it started creating the same numbers of adults, teens, but by the time it got to children it had run out of townie slots and stopped.

no more townie children, and I've managed to get a few elders in the pool...

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 02, 22:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I left out the notowniespawn mod I ended up with a different result.  My game generated teens, then started in on children.  Since I've installed NL it's never left those to last, like it did originally.  I don't have Uni, though, so maybe this could be why.

I haven't tried it yet but it looks like the NPC maker in the game will let you turn Townies into Downtownies, so it may be possible to make custom townies using Inge's shrub, then turn those Townies into Downtownies.  Like I said, I just haven't tried it to see if that's what it actually does.  I also made a few elder Townies and Downtownies.  I like my widowed sims to have someone to date and it just doesn't seem right for them to always be dating adult Townies. LOL

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 03, 02:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the NPC maker the same as the dead tree that's supposed to be available as a collection item at the end of the collections? <scuffle> at great risk to my lips, I cannot seem to find that thing, but I did think it was supposed to be able to be accessed without testingcheats enabled. Is that what I'm doing wrong? (If my hubby wasn't hogging the computer, I'd go check for myself, sorry 'bout that.)

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 04, 02:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used SimPE to delete all the original townies, but I like the Downtown ones, so they've stayed, but are nearly all living in houses and playable now.  The NoTownie hack seems to work fine for preventing respawning of kids and teens, the Garth house only has one adult and three kids left in it, and I'm working on them too.

Zephyr Zodiac
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 04, 03:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the NPC maker the same as the dead tree that's supposed to be available as a collection item at the end of the collections? <scuffle> at great risk to my lips, I cannot seem to find that thing, but I did think it was supposed to be able to be accessed without testingcheats enabled. Is that what I'm doing wrong? (If my hubby wasn't hogging the computer, I'd go check for myself, sorry 'bout that.)

Yes, it's the same thing.

People who had it show up in collections were apparently those who had used dizzy's townie maker hack and left the object sitting in a saved lot when upgrading to NL.  The hack may have been removed, but the game object it was based on simply replaced the hacked object in the collections folder.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 04, 11:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH, I see. Thank you very much. I couldn't figure out if I was going blind or if my game was broken (sort of similar to the trouble I have buying coffee for other sims.) <deep breath> I feel much better now Smiley

Unsouper
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 04, 22:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I like some of the Downtownies and haven't played neighborhoods yet to death with them so I was pleasantly surprised when one of my fogged-brained doings actually worked in my favor the other night.  I'm always forgetting things (need to make myself notes every time!)

I decided I liked the neighborhood Strangetown but didn't really like everything that went with it.  I like some of the sims, but not all of them and there was just too much bad blood overall so I decided to use SimPE and save copies of the sims I like then delete all characters from the hood.  So, I saved the Curious Brothers and Pasqual's little girl and a handful of others.

I started up the neighborhood, to which I'd never assigned a Downtown area.  Then I went about and created some Townies, then set about creating my first Sim family to move in.  After a few Sim days I decided to create them a Downtown area and when I did it generated not only the whole Downtown area but also all the Downtownies to go with it (even with the NoTownie mod in my game).  I was really rather glad it did this because I'm trying to start out this neighborhood with only one family and when their kids grow up they can marry whomever.  I get too overwhelmed too easily with having several families in the neighborhoods.  I think I might just turn all of my little green sims I have backed up into Townies in that neighborhood, too.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 05, 01:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It shouldn't replace them if you move them into the game, though.  (It's no townie respawn, not notownie create, so therefore the new installation will be able to create the sims that belong with it.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: