More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:39:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hack for canceling out of automated prepare food from fridge?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack for canceling out of automated prepare food from fridge?  (Read 52929 times)
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Hack for canceling out of automated prepare food from fridge?
« Reply #100 on: 2008 August 15, 22:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember seeing anything like that. I was skimming through, looking for the custom content symbol. Don't remember any custom triangular signs.

I'll look into it later.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008 August 15, 23:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Appliances/Misc would be a good place for it, like the BUY is found in Plumbing/Misc. Been meaning to reset my food hacks, now I can just get this instead. Smiley

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 August 16, 06:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been thinking about trying FEY, but I tend to be wary of change and am already accustomed to using Dizzy's leftover hacks to handle foodly things. For anyone that's tried both, is making the switch worth it?
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 2008 August 16, 06:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep meaning to put all my cc in misc/misc and make collection folders by creator.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 August 16, 07:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to edit the Object Data fields in my copy to make it show up in Appliances / Miscellaneous instead.
The next version will appear in the usual suspects.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2008 August 16, 08:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been thinking about trying FEY, but I tend to be wary of change and am already accustomed to using Dizzy's leftover hacks to handle foodly things. For anyone that's tried both, is making the switch worth it?

It depends on your play style. I have several families I play differently. For the "micromanaging" lots where I can make sure that there will always be leftovers for sims that escape my attention, I love Dizzy's hacks. For my more hands-off-ish lots, though, they're pretty much useless, because I never get any leftovers. For these lots, FEY is a lifesaver. Especially for players like me, who loathe face stuffing with a passion.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 August 16, 09:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For more micromanaging lots, Macrotastics still eliminates the need for leftovers by micromanaging the system far better than you would ordinarily care for, using all the carefully calculated, terminally anal rules that I apply to my own game. Once you understand what it's doing, there is simply no substitute for Macrotastics if you are terminally anal about things.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2008 August 16, 10:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you clarify something for me, though - will FEY let sims autonomously put away/get leftovers?  Because that *would* be awesome.
Leftovers do not exist in the Awesome game. If your game is Awesome, they simply never exist because a preexisting system that predates their invention is superior. If you are using a properly installed Food Eats You, leftovers never occur.

Do you mean Macro...Eat?  I've never seen that become available when my sims actually need to eat anything.  The one time I actually used it, the sim got food out of inventory that had been bought on a business lot.  Does it only occur if someone has food in inventory?  It doesn't very useful.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008 August 16, 10:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....there is simply no substitute for Macrotastics if you are terminally anal about things.

I'd like to be terminally anal - I can't believe I just said that - but basically I'm far too lazy.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 August 16, 10:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what Macrotastics is for.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 August 16, 13:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I give my sims lots of time off. Just like I'd like to have.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008 August 17, 03:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends on your play style. I have several families I play differently. For the "micromanaging" lots where I can make sure that there will always be leftovers for sims that escape my attention, I love Dizzy's hacks. For my more hands-off-ish lots, though, they're pretty much useless, because I never get any leftovers. For these lots, FEY is a lifesaver. Especially for players like me, who loathe face stuffing with a passion.
Hm. I think I'll just have to try it out in my test neighborhood. Thanks for the input. Smiley
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008 August 17, 10:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For more micromanaging lots, Macrotastics still eliminates the need for leftovers by micromanaging the system far better than you would ordinarily care for, using all the carefully calculated, terminally anal rules that I apply to my own game. Once you understand what it's doing, there is simply no substitute for Macrotastics if you are terminally anal about things.

True. But for families with children/teens, I still like to have a variety of meals in my fridge for the petty "Eat [whatever]" wants to make room for "Do homework" or skilling wants. It's much faster to pull a half-eaten hamburger out of the fridge than making a friend.

By the way - yesterday, sim A (university lot, but no dorm or greek house) made a FEY conducted group meal, and sim B, instead of waiting for food, went to the fridge to prepare a single meal. When the group meal was ready, sim B left the unprepared food on the counter to grab a plate. I guess this was only an outlier, just thought I should mention it.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 August 18, 05:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably didn't update. Single meals are never prepared under Macrotastics now if you have OFB and can Make Many. Under present conditions, such a collision would just result in extra food in the cache, which is harmless.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 2008 August 18, 06:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably didn't update. Single meals are never prepared under Macrotastics now if you have OFB and can Make Many. Under present conditions, such a collision would just result in extra food in the cache, which is harmless.

I noticed that. Nice feature Pescado, it is something I always wanted my sims to do without me telling them to Tongue

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 August 18, 07:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did update, that's why I was so astonished to see that. But as I said, it might have been just an outlier. It has never happened again, anyway.

I have a question about how food stocks are managed: If several sims have several meals in their inventory, which one will they pull out in order to Macro.../Eat? Is it determined by the hunger/food value ratio? Or is it the first/last meal put in inventory? I have several owned bakeries / delis offering selfmade food, so I'd like to know if there's a way to control the access to the merchandise.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008 August 18, 08:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question about how food stocks are managed: If several sims have several meals in their inventory, which one will they pull out in order to Macro.../Eat? Is it determined by the hunger/food value ratio? Or is it the first/last meal put in inventory? I have several owned bakeries / delis offering selfmade food, so I'd like to know if there's a way to control the access to the merchandise.
First, sims on the lot will be searched for food in the inventory. The inventory will be searched in the following order:
1. Self, if Not Current Business Owner.
2. Selectable Sims(Except Business Owner) On Lot By Order of Object Instance
3. Business Owner if Selectable

When a sim is found to possess food, the food is then pulled in the following order:
1. Single dishes.
2. Single bowls.
3. "Touched" platters.
4. "Untouched" platters.

If a platter is returned to the inventory because it contains additional servings, it will become the "last" item in the inventory. I am, after some thought, also thinking of inverting the order of 1<->2 in the next version.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008 August 18, 08:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha! Great, now I finally know how to keep my employees from stealing from the overprized chef salad instead of making a sandwich.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2008 August 18, 13:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not clear on one thing, Pesc -- does the sign have to be on the lot for this to function, or is it like the macro controller, where it functions as long as it's in the game?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 August 18, 15:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like this shiny, but didn't think I would at first. I didn't notice that the sim was creating a group meal instead of a single. I like that part of leftovers...I typically have even a single sim create group meals and place in the fridge for leftovers, especially if there is pregnancy involved. Anyway, thumbs up from me. No problems so far. Granted, I don't have any large households in play but haven't had issues with a second sim accessing the fridge while a meal is being prepared yet.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2008 August 19, 13:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not clear on one thing, Pesc -- does the sign have to be on the lot for this to function, or is it like the macro controller, where it functions as long as it's in the game?

I'll take the liberty of saying that yes, the sign has to be on the lot. A couple times I was playing a lot and someone went for a bag of chips or stuff face, at which point I realized that I hadn't hung the sign yet. I hung it, and then everything was hunky-dory.

Yeah, thumbs up from me, too. I have been a leftovers hoarder since Seasons, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I've been moving leftovers from fridges to inventories and they're mostly just polishing them off right now. I still haven't seen how it handles hungry children if there is no inventoried food, though.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: 2008 August 19, 15:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My hungry kids aren't grabbing from inventory. Morty Roth had hamburgers in his inventory and the little boy was basically starving. No macro>eat option on the pie menu. I had to get him to eat cookies or die! (okay, be taken by SS but it didn't sound as good)

I had everything on-lot that I needed, Macro and FEY-wise.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2008 August 19, 20:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly intentional, but burned cooking forces another meal to be cooked. Isabella did the cooking dance four times before she got it right, during her third trimester, and she was pretty much starved by the time she failed to burn a meal. Suggest that burned meals still be used by FEY.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 August 19, 20:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Appears that the sign must be on the lot - Aggie and Pedobait did not auto-eat until I placed the sign.  Placed the sign and Pedobait immediatly headed for the kitchen to cook delicious spaghetti.

Did I miss something, or do other sims head over and pull food out of other sims' asses inventories now?  Aggie ate spaghetti (which was in Pedobait's inventory), but I didn't see how she got it.  When Pedobait needed lunch, she pulled it out of her "back pocket".  Anyway, it appears to be working as advertised in my game.

Tribulatio proxima est
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008 August 19, 20:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food has just appeared on the floor in front of the hungry sim in the lot I was playing. Pretty awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: