More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:51:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hack for canceling out of automated prepare food from fridge?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack for canceling out of automated prepare food from fridge?  (Read 53356 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Hack for canceling out of automated prepare food from fridge?
« Reply #75 on: 2008 August 14, 11:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food Eats You will force the sim to use Macro-Eat in the event that it detects that the sim is attempting to get food from the fridge. This will cause it to eat the optimally efficient meal prepared using the shiny algorithm. Or grilled cheese. If for some reason your sim never autonomously eats, then it is inert.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2008 August 14, 12:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking at the rtfm in macrotastics, in the Eat section, it doesn't say anything about group meals.  It seemed to indicate it was more about efficiently filling up that one individual sim?   So I thought it would give even more of an impression of every sim for himself than the game usually does?  Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 August 14, 12:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you're forgetting that the manual is like 900 years old and was written before OFB.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2008 August 14, 12:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol!  Pescado, working out your hacks, where they are, what they do etc etc is like a mini-game in itself!  Cheesy

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 August 14, 12:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims will never put leftovers away autonomously --> waste.

Well, not 'never' -- just 'never in an unmodded game'. Smiley Dizzy has some hacks that make them autonomously put leftovers away, or get leftovers instead of cooking a new meal.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 August 14, 13:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims will never put leftovers away autonomously --> waste.

Well, not 'never' -- just 'never in an unmodded game'. Smiley Dizzy has some hacks that make them autonomously put leftovers away, or get leftovers instead of cooking a new meal.

I thought it was unnecessary to point that out, especially after having discussed the leftover hacks in this thread already Cheesy.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 August 14, 13:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Long thread -- for those who didn't read it. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 August 14, 13:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food Eats You will force the sim to use Macro-Eat in the event that it detects that the sim is attempting to get food from the fridge. This will cause it to eat the optimally efficient meal prepared using the shiny algorithm. Or grilled cheese. If for some reason your sim never autonomously eats, then it is inert.

And Macro-Eat now seems to favor inventoried food over cooking, if my play session yesterday is any indication. Previously, inventoried food was only accessed by people not capable of cooking, or if the sim was very low in hunger and the time needed for food preparation would take too long. Yesterday they were always going into inventory to get food, even if hunger wasn't dangerously low.

I haven't added FEY (new acronym!) yet, so I'll have to try it out. What happens if the sim's hunger bar is still pretty high, like 75%? Does the action cancel?

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 August 14, 14:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens if the sim's hunger bar is still pretty high, like 75%? Does the action cancel?

It didn't in my game, but that's maybe because no-one in this particular household can cook anything but mac'n cheese, which doesn't fill much.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 August 14, 15:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And actually, it wastes to food to make fish as single meals because you can always serve it and get six times the food out of it.

True, but this will never happen autonomously, either. Sims simply don't cook fish on their own.
Sure they do. Both single and group meals of fish. In fact, I have to watch my fishing houses closer than others to make sure that they don't make fish when I don't want to...sometimes I'm not in the mood to play the no-don't-throw-out-a-half-plate-of-fish dance.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 August 14, 20:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure they do. Both single and group meals of fish. In fact, I have to watch my fishing houses closer than others to make sure that they don't make fish when I don't want to...sometimes I'm not in the mood to play the no-don't-throw-out-a-half-plate-of-fish dance.

Really? I stand corrected, then. I've never seen that in my game, though. The only fish my sims tend try to cook autonomously is salmon.

Yimmit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 August 15, 00:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And actually, it wastes to food to make fish as single meals because you can always serve it and get six times the food out of it.

True, but this will never happen autonomously, either. Sims simply don't cook fish on their own.

I was ready to kill one of my sims who decided to have a tasty one-plate serving of Golden Trout when I turned my back for a moment!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 August 15, 01:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FOOD EATS YOU! + Latest Macrotastics = No Wasted Fish!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 August 15, 03:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll trust you on that...did you notice what I said about the juice issue?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 August 15, 03:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was this with the sign installed? Note that it only pulses once every half-a-sim-minute, so you should be taking measures to keep them from approaching the fridge too closely to begin with. Anti-autonomy blocking is good for this, so they'd otherwise collide with the door.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: 2008 August 15, 05:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't installed this, because I've also installed some other hacks recently so if something unexpected happens I won't know which hack is the problem.  Can you clarify something for me, though - will FEY let sims autonomously put away/get leftovers?  Because that *would* be awesome.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 August 15, 06:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was this with the sign installed? Note that it only pulses once every half-a-sim-minute, so you should be taking measures to keep them from approaching the fridge too closely to begin with. Anti-autonomy blocking is good for this, so they'd otherwise collide with the door.
No. I'm a dumbass. I thought it was an invisible plug-in, not a placeable like BRY.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2008 August 15, 08:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. I'm a dumbass. I thought it was an invisible plug-in, not a placeable like BRY.

What is?  Foodeatsyou?  I still haven't got my head round what it's meant to do or how to use it, let alone where to find it in the catalogue (if indeed I need to)   I know I am pretty lazy about documenting my hacks, specially while they are still in testing, but Pescado takes the biscuit Smiley  I suppose if I was in #grah 24/7 I might have gleaned a few snippets.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 August 15, 09:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you clarify something for me, though - will FEY let sims autonomously put away/get leftovers?  Because that *would* be awesome.
Leftovers do not exist in the Awesome game. If your game is Awesome, they simply never exist because a preexisting system that predates their invention is superior. If you are using a properly installed Food Eats You, leftovers never occur.

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 August 15, 13:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a dunce cap for me, too? I'll join you in the corner.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 August 15, 15:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New OFB-equipped algorithm fully integrates the Make Many feature, so that rather than being a tacked-on adjunct, it will ALWAYS create 6-platters at the 6:4 rate, and then automatically withdraw them from inventory. Be sure you are using the LATEST version, not an oldversion.

LOL - I'm an idiot. I thought I needed a newer version of Food Eats You. Okay, I've got the latest Macrotastics version now, and in combination with it, FEY is truely awesome. I've tested it in my greek house and my "legacy" household (no real legacy, because obviously, I'm using hacks), and it works as advertised. The only thing left to be tested is a family with children, but for that, I have to wait for the next generation.

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 August 15, 17:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm. Something's wrong.

I thought FEY was an invisible, too, because after I installed it, I looked through misc. objects and the various food prep sorts to see if there was a new object, and couldn't find anything. But then the comments about a "sign" forced me to go back and check the misc decorations and wall decorations sorts, and I can't find it there.

What's it look like, and which sort is it in?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 August 15, 20:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM usually does misc/misc - but you could try with fridges or stoves maybe?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 August 15, 20:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in decorative, under wall hangings (also 'all'). Look for one of the white triangular signs with a red border. It was a few pages in; I almost went right past it.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2008 August 15, 21:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to edit the Object Data fields in my copy to make it show up in Appliances / Miscellaneous instead.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: