More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:28:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hack for canceling out of automated prepare food from fridge?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack for canceling out of automated prepare food from fridge?  (Read 53407 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Hack for canceling out of automated prepare food from fridge?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 July 30, 13:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes,  I can use APO to deny disruptive and keep them out of the kitchen, but that leaves the problem of the nanny being unable to get bottles for babies or toddlers.

I often have nurseries upstairs in the "barracks" section of the house, and have a separate fridge up there so that nannies/parents can get bottles without wasting time walking halfway across God's green Earth and back again.  The down side is that parents getting up and wanting breakfast tend to grab the pancake fixin's as they pass the bathroom on the way to the kitchen, rather than using the actual kitchen fridge, but this is a minor and somewhat amusing issue.

Didn't Surelyfunke Ellatrue [Edit: thanks, alter-ego] do a bottles only fridge or something for that purpose?  Must look.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 30, 14:30:25 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 July 30, 14:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't Surelyfunke do a bottles only fridge or something for that purpose?  Must look.

Ellatrue did one here
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 July 30, 14:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you who just absolutely insist on letting your sims run around on their own, the upcoming FOOD EATS YOU will resolve all of your food-related annoyances. Much like Bathroom Uses You, it will detect when a sim is trying to eat, and then redirect this request to a properly macro-calculated food routine. No more Lobster Thermidor or Stuff-Face.

I know you hate this but this will really solve my problem and let me play like I like to play soooooooo.....baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 July 30, 15:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I often have nurseries upstairs in the "barracks" section of the house, and have a separate fridge up there so that nannies/parents can get bottles without wasting time walking halfway across God's green Earth and back again. 
I just use Inge's bottle. I get the random sim very rarely getting a new bottle from the fridge (typically if it is a multiple baby/toddler household and only one bottle is on the lot), but it zaps those eventually. I used to grab tons of them from the fridge and keep them in the toddler's inventory.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

ISFP - now more Introverted than Pescado!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 July 30, 23:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado that hack sounds awesome.

* Jess Maree is ready to push the baaaa! button

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 August 02, 22:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you who just absolutely insist on letting your sims run around on their own, the upcoming FOOD EATS YOU will resolve all of your food-related annoyances. Much like Bathroom Uses You, it will detect when a sim is trying to eat, and then redirect this request to a properly macro-calculated food routine. No more Lobster Thermidor or Stuff-Face.

Oooooh! A new shiny coming soon. Can't wait!

I have neverending issues with sims abusing the fridge and wasting food.

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 August 02, 22:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My long-standing solution to this is to turn the fridge to face the wall when sims are in the kitchen unsupervised and especially when nannies are on the lot at home alone with the kids.  They can whine all they want to.  On other occasions, like others, I'd stuff anything made and not eaten either back in the fridge or, favourite for business sims going to work at their shop lot, in their inventories by way of packed lunch.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 August 05, 17:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food Eats You sounds very useful, but did you ever finish the changes to the No-20K?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 August 08, 13:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FINE. Your Fat Gray Feature has been added. Now go get it and quit bugging me!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 August 08, 13:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy  Baaa-aaa-aah

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 August 08, 23:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

awwwwwwwwwwww I thought it was food eats you!!!  I was so happy and I've been waiting soooooo patiently!
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 August 11, 13:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I figured out the eating problem with Freetime, at least for my game.

I created a new family yesterday from CAS and moved them into a previously unused house.

I noticed that as soon as the hunger dropped down to about halfway the son, who I had given random skills to and who had a high cooking skills, went to the kitchen and prepared Pescado's favorite, Lobster Thermidor!!

I was amazed.  No one had cooked in my game without me telling them to since installing Freetime.  I watched everyone eat and then they put the leftovers in the fridge.

No more cooking after that.

So I had them take all the leftovers out of the fridge and throw them away.

Sure enough the mom this time prepared food all by herself and put the leftovers away and no more cooking.

Everytime I removed the leftovers they would cook on their own again.

So I removed all my hacks from dizzy concerning putting away leftovers, but I have not had a chance to test since doing that but it seems reasonable that if I don't have the hacks for putting leftovers away and take a leftover it should work, but as soon as I test again I will post, if anyone is interested.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 August 11, 14:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that to do with the hack for not making fresh food when there are still leftovers to eat?  The only problem is they can't autonomously get the leftovers out.

imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 August 11, 14:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Dizzy has a hack for taking a leftover instead of preparing a new meal and I had that one in too, which I have removed, when I get home from work tonight I will test it with both out and then with put leftovers away back in, but I'm betting this has been my problem.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 August 11, 14:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Dizzy's "have-a-leftover1c-serve" in my game. It replaces all autonomous food preparation with "get leftovers," as long as there are leftovers in the fridge. Then it'll automatically pick either the first or last leftover available. If there are no leftovers, then it changes the queue to 'serve' the meal instead of only preparing one portion.

So, it's the expected result that they aren't cooking when there are leftovers in the fridge. You might have something conflicting with it that is not allowing them to get those leftovers, and/or cook when there aren't available leftovers. Have you already run HCDU and checked to make sure you have the current version of the hack?

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 August 11, 14:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes that is the first thing I did to test to see if I had conflicting hacks and it reported none.  Also I checked to make sure I had the latest versions, but it does seem to be causing a problem in my game.  I only use a few non-awesome hacks but I always check them for conflicts.  I also removed all custom food from my downloads thinking it might be that but it wasn't.

I really like the idea behind that hack and I do have a few other hacks concerning food but again no reported conflicts so I might just remove anything food related and then replace them one at a time to see which one is causing the problem.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 August 11, 14:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, sounds like binary search time. Smiley

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 August 12, 02:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well here are the results of my testing.

First I took out all food related hacks.  They went back to the stuff face habit instead of eating.  They just want to stuff face.

Second I added hack for stuff face but no others.  They now prepare food as they use to then leave it sit until it goes bad or dispose of it but at least they eat.

Third I put in dizzys hack for auto store food and have a leftover.  They cook as usual but as soon as they put any food in the fridge as a leftover they will not cook or eat again, they will die first.

Fourth, I removed all hacks, forced them to cook and then put in as leftovers.  They would not cook again.

Tried some other variations but it all came down to leftovers.  As soon as a leftover was put in the fridge they would no longer eat.

This has only been since Freetime.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 August 12, 05:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you asked Dizzy about this?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 August 12, 08:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well here are the results of my testing.

First I took out all food related hacks.  They went back to the stuff face habit instead of eating.  They just want to stuff face.

Second I added hack for stuff face but no others.  They now prepare food as they use to then leave it sit until it goes bad or dispose of it but at least they eat.

Third I put in dizzys hack for auto store food and have a leftover.  They cook as usual but as soon as they put any food in the fridge as a leftover they will not cook or eat again, they will die first.

Fourth, I removed all hacks, forced them to cook and then put in as leftovers.  They would not cook again.

Tried some other variations but it all came down to leftovers.  As soon as a leftover was put in the fridge they would no longer eat.

This has only been since Freetime.

Have you tried the "all food hacks except the stuff face hack" variation? I have the leftover and auto-store hacks, too, and as long as there are leftovers in the fridge, I have neither face stuffing nor starving sims.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 August 12, 12:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you asked Dizzy about this?

No I haven't because I think Dizzy's hacks are working for others.  I have read some posts on other boards that people are having problems with Sims eating since Freetime but it only seems to be effecting some people and I seem to be one of them.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 August 12, 12:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the "all food hacks except the stuff face hack" variation? I have the leftover and auto-store hacks, too, and as long as there are leftovers in the fridge, I have neither face stuffing nor starving sims.

I think I did, I have tried so many variations but I'll give it another shot tonight when I get home from work.  Thanks for the help.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 August 12, 14:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I did, I have tried so many variations but I'll give it another shot tonight when I get home from work.  Thanks for the help.

I've just remembered something: Do you happen to have twojeffs' "food already available" fix? If so, you must get the NL version of this hack, or it will stop autonomous fridge use completely if there are leftovers (except for the stuff face, which you stomped with another hack). See this thread over at simbology for more details.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 August 12, 14:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leftovers Schmeftovers. In Soviet Russia, food eats YOU! Now available for selected audiences in test. Requires Macrotastics. Accept no Kewian-based substitutes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 August 12, 15:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bwuh? Moar details?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: