More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:12:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hack for canceling out of automated prepare food from fridge?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack for canceling out of automated prepare food from fridge?  (Read 53354 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Re: Hack for canceling out of automated prepare food from fridge?
« Reply #50 on: 2008 August 12, 15:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay!

*   runs off to test new shiny

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 August 12, 15:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leftovers Schmeftovers. In Soviet Russia, food eats YOU! Now available for selected audiences in test. Requires Macrotastics. Accept no Kewian-based substitutes.

Thank God!!! I'm so tired of testing leftovers!!!! I will test when I get home from work.  Yay Yay Yay!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 August 12, 15:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leftovers Schmeftovers. In Soviet Russia, food eats YOU! Now available for selected audiences in test. Requires Macrotastics. Accept no Kewian-based substitutes.
Yays. While you're at it, could you add notes about how the new shiny for no20khandouts works? I moved someone out and he got the standard % of family funds (~17k) instead of the 42k I was planning on directing. I see what I did wrong, now. Need money order.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2008 August 12, 18:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A direct link to the download would have been ace.  But never mind I guess I can clamber over the various directories for a while...

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 August 13, 01:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just remembered something: Do you happen to have twojeffs' "food already available" fix? If so, you must get the NL version of this hack, or it will stop autonomous fridge use completely if there are leftovers (except for the stuff face, which you stomped with another hack). See this thread over at simbology for more details.

You were right on the money this was the problem!!! Thanks so much!
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2008 August 13, 07:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, can't find it.  What's the filename called even?  Gawd I never had myself down as a thick person, but am I the only person who doesn't immediately know how to download these things Pescado makes?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 August 13, 07:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So - as I'm surely not part of the selected audiences, I'll just report here:

Tested it in one household with 6 members, no-one had cooking points (new household only set up to test food eats YOU). As far as I can tell now (having played said lot for ~ 10 sim days), it works great. Nice to see sims with zero cooking points prepare mac'n cheese. I especially love that sims a) clear the table before cooking and b) wait for the stove instead of whining because they can't get to it.

@ Inge: it's in the FT/test directory, foodeatsyou.package

Edited to fix stupid mistake (wrote "food point" instead of "cooking point")  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2008 August 13, 11:31:22 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2008 August 13, 08:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Sloppy Smiley  And what's this about needing Macrotastics?  Now I am worried I am going to get a load of other stuff changed in my game I might not have wanted - will it make the bathroom use my sims, or babies be looked after by an eye in the sky or anything?

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 August 13, 08:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Sloppy Smiley  And what's this about needing Macrotastics?  Now I am worried I am going to get a load of other stuff changed in my game I might not have wanted - will it make the bathroom use my sims, or babies be looked after by an eye in the sky or anything?
You're welcome Smiley As for Macrotastics - I always have it on all lots (together with the lot debugger) "just in case", but I have several families where I only use it to "procrastinate" (to prevent them from wandering off to take a bath instead of greeting the headmaster, for instance) or not at all. The mere presence of the Macrotastics launcher in your downloads or on your lots has no influence on your game, e.g. your toddlers will continue to play in the toilets unless you install a BUY controller in the bathroom, or, the sims will not power idle unless you explicitely tell them to.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 August 13, 10:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope I don't sound too bad, but when Pescado says 'selected audiences only" does he mean the VIP members only?  I'd assume it's titled "foodeatsyou.zip" and I've done a Google search, but if it's in the ffs directory the Google bots probably haven't had enough time to index it.
Selected Audiences Only means that you can only use if it you can find it. If you can't find it, you're not smart enough to try it and should wait until the smart people have played with it enough to make it to official release.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2008 August 13, 11:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Selected Audiences Only means that you can only use if it you can find it. If you can't find it, you're not smart enough to try it and should wait until the smart people have played with it enough to make it to official release.

Oops!  Does using my initiative and asking where it is make me smart enough? Embarrassed

imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 August 13, 12:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I didnt have any problem finding it right away but after Sloppy gave me advice and I fixed my current setup I didn't have a chance to test it yet but I definitely will tonight when I get home from work.  God work really interferes with everything!!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 August 13, 13:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops!  Does using my initiative and asking where it is make me smart enough? Embarrassed
No. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 August 13, 14:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God work really interferes with everything!!!

Did you miss a comma there, or do you work in a religious job?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 August 13, 15:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are separate hacks. All Macrotastics does is allow you to automate a few things: skilling, cleaning, repairing, digging trenches, and sifting sand. All have to be directed to be done. I love Macrotastics, which I largely use to keep low mechanical sims on task repairing a broken shower, or directing sims to clean the house. I almost never have maids or repairmen. This results in a higher death toll, which is yummy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 August 13, 17:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God work really interferes with everything!!!

Did you miss a comma there, or do you work in a religious job?

My bad!!  I missed a comma!!!  But it is funny that way, is it not?  Well, unless you consider creating huge XML files for a communications company a religious job or experience.  Undecided

Edit:  To add a little
« Last Edit: 2008 August 13, 17:48:03 by imyourboy » Logged
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 August 13, 17:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problems for me yet, but I haven't seen anything different. Of course, maybe I'm just not letting them  run free enough. I'll set up a test household and let them care for themselves.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 August 14, 02:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not working so well for me. All EP, FTp3, H&M, K&B, Ikea. Current house I'm playing has an adult sim with 8 cooking points. She's going to the fridge to feed herself at half-hunger, but getting just a juice. She did the same thing at a quarter hunger when I first started playing the lot. Checked and fridge is well stocked.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2008 August 14, 07:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to have to wait for the Selected Audience to test this and explain it to me.  I have not worked out what the foodeatsyou does.  I take it it's not a hack to make it possible to interrupt a sim when they have just got food out of the fridge?  Like the title of this thread?   So am I right in saying foodeatsyou.package is actually the annexe to the "Eat" command on the macrotastics menu?   If so, unfortunately I don't think that's going to suit my style of play.  I need the one that makes your sims cook for the whole family if there are hungry family members present.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 August 14, 07:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, they make group meals, just not all the time. I guess Food Eats You is aimed at minimizing the amount of wasted food, so it will check how many sims are hungry first. If it's only two hungry sims, they will make a single meal each, because otherwise, 4 portions would go bad. If it's four hungry sims, the first to make it to the fridge will make a group meal (the other three will wait for the food), because 2 wasted portions out of a group meal is still more cost efficient than four single meals. That's just an example and in no way verified.

Plus, my observations are based on the one test household only. Over the weekend, I want to try it in a household where all members have high cooking skills, a family with children, and a greek house where some members can cook and some can't.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2008 August 14, 07:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But with seasons installed, served food is never wasted because you can just put it away as leftovers.  And actually, it wastes to food to make fish as single meals because you can always serve it and get six times the food out of it.

JM already said it wasn't possible to stop sims from taking food out of the fridge, but I wonder if it's possible to make it so you can tell them to put uncooked food back in the fridge, by just getting rid of the food and increasing the amount of food in the fridge.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 August 14, 07:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But with seasons installed, served food is never wasted because you can just put it away as leftovers.

Food Eats You is meant to manage the autonomous eating behaviour of sims. Sims will never put leftovers away autonomously --> waste.

And actually, it wastes to food to make fish as single meals because you can always serve it and get six times the food out of it.

True, but this will never happen autonomously, either. Sims simply don't cook fish on their own.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2008 August 14, 10:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food Eats You is meant to manage the autonomous eating behaviour of sims. Sims will never put leftovers away autonomously --> waste.

So it's *not* something to do with the "Eat" command in macrotastics?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 August 14, 10:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to have to wait for the Selected Audience to test this and explain it to me.  I have not worked out what the foodeatsyou does.  I take it it's not a hack to make it possible to interrupt a sim when they have just got food out of the fridge?  Like the title of this thread?   So am I right in saying foodeatsyou.package is actually the annexe to the "Eat" command on the macrotastics menu?   If so, unfortunately I don't think that's going to suit my style of play.  I need the one that makes your sims cook for the whole family if there are hungry family members present.
Old Macrotastics already did that, newer one improves on it. Food Eats You functions similar to Bathroom Uses You, in that if you let your sims run amok, if they attempt to make food, their behavior will be properly managed when they attempt to make food. As for interrupting the actual cook process, the way the food process is coded, plus the lack of animation breakpoints for aborting it, make this impossible. They really don't design around action-aborts. To do that, they'd have to redesign all the animations to be segmented into interruptable chunks, and that's just something that isn't practical as a mod. Food Eats You exists to simply prevent them from Doing It Wrong in the first place.

In my game, they make group meals, just not all the time. I guess Food Eats You is aimed at minimizing the amount of wasted food, so it will check how many sims are hungry first. If it's only two hungry sims, they will make a single meal each, because otherwise, 4 portions would go bad. If it's four hungry sims, the first to make it to the fridge will make a group meal (the other three will wait for the food), because 2 wasted portions out of a group meal is still more cost efficient than four single meals. That's just an example and in no way verified.
New OFB-equipped algorithm fully integrates the Make Many feature, so that rather than being a tacked-on adjunct, it will ALWAYS create 6-platters at the 6:4 rate, and then automatically withdraw them from inventory. Be sure you are using the LATEST version, not an oldversion.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 August 14, 11:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it's *not* something to do with the "Eat" command in macrotastics?

I'd say, no. The "Macro.../Eat" I know only happens if a) a sim is under the influence of Power Idle, Skillinator or other Macrotastics controls or b) you launch it manually. Food Eats you takes over as soon as an uncontrolled sim decides s/he needs something to eat, so if you keep your sims occupied anyway, you won't see it at all.

Again I have to point out that this is just how *I* think it works... Cheesy

New OFB-equipped algorithm fully integrates the Make Many feature, so that rather than being a tacked-on adjunct, it will ALWAYS create 6-platters at the 6:4 rate, and then automatically withdraw them from inventory. Be sure you are using the LATEST version, not an oldversion.

Unless there's a newer version hidden somewhere else, I have the latest version. But to be honest, I couldn't swear that I actually saw a sim preparing a single meal. It's perfectly possible that it had been withdrawn from inventory.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 14, 11:27:40 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: