More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 05:09:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't Get Pets to Like Each Other Enough to Breed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't Get Pets to Like Each Other Enough to Breed  (Read 10595 times)
geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can't Get Pets to Like Each Other Enough to Breed
« on: 2008 August 15, 04:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is my first time playing with pets. I have two cats, both of whom are friendly, but they're constantly having negative interactions with each other, so I can't get their relationship score high enough to breed. I read that the Sims can scold pets for not getting along and praise them for getting along, but it seems these options are never available to me. I also read that if they only have one place to sleep (bed/house), they will be forced to cuddle together, but I find that only one sleeps at a time this way and the other just waits their turn. Any suggestions on how I can get them to like each other better?

Thanks so much - I really appreciate it!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can't Get Pets to Like Each Other Enough to Breed
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 15, 04:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lesspetwarfare? Did I ever release that? If it's not in the Director's Cut, ask Fat Gwilly People.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 15, 04:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have your sim direct them to interact, once they've done the interaction, IMMEDIATELY praise/scold depending on the outcome.  The praising/scolding window of opportunity is quite short.  Having the pets confined in a smaller space, so they can't wander off, also helps.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 15, 05:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, no, two pets can't sleep in the same bed/house.  The only time two pets can share a house is if they are trying for puppies/kittens.  And you should make sure that each pet has a its own food bowl and probably toys too to avoid conflicts.  One strategy I've seen is to lock them in a room together w/ 2 beds and 2 dishes but no toys so that when their fun motive gets low they will be forced to play with each other.
geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 15, 05:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lesspetwarfare? Did I ever release that? If it's not in the Director's Cut, ask Fat Gwilly People.

*facepalm* I knew it seemed like something you'd have a hack for, and I searched, I really did! Thanks, J.M., I found it and will give it a try. (Now if only I didn't have to work in the morning. Gah.)

Have your sim direct them to interact, once they've done the interaction, IMMEDIATELY praise/scold depending on the outcome.  The praising/scolding window of opportunity is quite short.  Having the pets confined in a smaller space, so they can't wander off, also helps.

Hmmm, I don't seem to have that option available to me when I click on the cat. (Unless I'm more blonde than I thought and that option is really somewhere else. Sorry. It's late.) Thanks for your help!

Also, no, two pets can't sleep in the same bed/house.  The only time two pets can share a house is if they are trying for puppies/kittens.  And you should make sure that each pet has a its own food bowl and probably toys too to avoid conflicts.  One strategy I've seen is to lock them in a room together w/ 2 beds and 2 dishes but no toys so that when their fun motive gets low they will be forced to play with each other.

Hahah, okay, I guess I'll have to buy back that second bed! Thanks for letting me know, and that's a good idea about locking them in together. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 15, 05:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going from guesswork here, (played with Pets in Castaways, no Pets EP), do pets need to show you as a member of the Pack for some interactions to show up?

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 15, 05:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scold for hostility towards others. There's only a short window of time that you can do this. I don't believe your Sims have to be in their pack or anything at all, really. After all, you can scold random wolfs and most certainly strays, IRRC.

If you're still having problems, I might screenshot the correct option for you next time I'm in game.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 15, 06:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going from guesswork here, (played with Pets in Castaways, no Pets EP), do pets need to show you as a member of the Pack for some interactions to show up?
To direct pets to play with someone else, they have to be maxed on the playful learned trait. That's maxed as Kazzandra explained: by praising for playfulness and scolding for hostility.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 15, 08:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you did - it's in your folder in my game.

Oh wait, Ninja'd.

Inteen for AL, yay!
geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 15, 12:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all your help, guys - I really appreciate it. Smiley
zoe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 18, 21:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this mod Animal Incest Mod that enables related animals to breed and breed animals without any relationship Smiley i hope this helps 
geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 18, 23:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahaha, animal incest, that's hilarious! I'm trying to use minimal cheats this time around, but when I return to my cheating old ways (which I'm sure I will) I'll definitely use that. Thanks!
Bleached
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 August 19, 13:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another thing to make sure of is that the person who asks the two pets to try for spawn has a high relationship with both pets. Otherwise the animals will just refuse.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 August 20, 23:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're having trouble because the praise/scold time is too short and don't want to interrupt your sims, you can queue it up.  When the ability is up, queue it a bunch of times instead of just once and you can let your sim finish whatever they're doing and they'll still go praise/scold (if you have enough of them) as the pet will wait for the interaction to complete. Usually the extras will drop out of the queue but every once in awhile you'll get 2 or more from the same original action which doesn't hurt. You do have to make sure you notice the option still.

Unsouper
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: