More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 16:22:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Today is a really sad day
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Today is a really sad day  (Read 23121 times)
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Re: Today is a really sad day
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 02, 20:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not good at finding the right comforting words to say, so

*HUGS*

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 02, 20:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have walked in your shoes and had to put a cat I owned to sleep before and she wasnt old but she had been. beaten by some neighborhood kids who had locked her   ina shed ,she finally escaped and came home a day or so later .we took her to the vet who did all he could for her and we took her home followed the instructions to the the letter but still she worrsened and startted to go into shock and was in terrible pain.So I took her back to thevet and he gave her  a shot and she still refused to give up.the vet had to give her a secpnd shot and when she still continued to fight that shot the vet told me that until I told her it was ok for her to let go she would continue to fight the shots..I'm sure he was gulping back tears that dau so I did as he told me and my cat took a couple of shallow breaths and then one deep one and it was all over for her. I cried  and still miss her but I know I did the right thing.my thoughts and prayers will be with you Missdoh

Oh, God. That makes me so angry I could cry.  What happened to the kids? I hoped they faced some serious consequences for that. If not, tell me where they live.
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 02, 20:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Missdoh - you poor thing.  Reading this thread has got me all teary - and Bangelnuts your post made me furious - I hope those kids got what they deserved!  I have two 12 year old cats myself and can't bear the thought of losing them - they were my first babies, before I had any human ones.  Hugs for both of you.
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 02, 21:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gosh you guys have all made me cry. It is nice to know however that we are surrounded by animal lovers here.
MissDoh my thoughts will be with you as well. Losing a pet is always hard no matter what the circumstances.

I have three cats and three dogs but no kids. One of my dogs passed away very suddenly this last summer and we were so upset we actually sent her off to have a necropsy done to find out why. She had seemed so happy and healthy just earlier that same day. She had hemoragic gastroenteritis. Apparently it can happen very suddenly as it did with Coconut. I felt like my child had died and there was a lot of guilt over not realizing anything was wrong but it did get better. Plus I know she was very happy and we always did our very best for her.

Also as others have said people can be sorry bastards. I don't even want to think about all the cruel things I have personally known people to do to animals. It makes me sick and is one thing that can actually inspire me to truly Hate another human being. The worst part is knowing that usually they don't suffer for it at all. But sometimes they do. Once my cousin saw a guy throw a kitten from his car into traffic. She ran him off the road and beat the tar out of him when he said it was none of her buisiness (she's a big gal) and another driver pulled over and asked if she minded if he took over. She said sure and left them there. (i did not witness this event myself but only heard about it later.)

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 02, 21:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So sorry to hear about your beloved pet, Missdoh.  I've been there myself with pets over the years, and it is hard at first but it gets better.  I have 2 kitties now myself and dread the day they will have to be laid to rest.

Bangelnuts, I really feel for you.  That had to have been really hard for both of you.  I can't imagine having to go through that with either a human or an animal family member.  I cried reading your post, so I know that had to be one of the worst moments of your life.

My heart goes out to both of you.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 02, 21:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missdoh...I am so very sorry about your cat. I Had to put one of my little rats down a couple of weeks ago and I know what an agonizing decision this is for you. Pets become part of our families and only people who have loved an animal with their whole hearts can understand this. Be comforted by the fact that your gave your little minou a wonderful life, filled with love.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 02, 21:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have walked in your shoes and had to put a cat I owned to sleep before and she wasnt old but she had been. beaten by some neighborhood kids who had locked her   ina shed ,she finally escaped and came home a day or so later .we took her to the vet who did all he could for her and we took her home followed the instructions to the the letter but still she worrsened and startted to go into shock and was in terrible pain.So I took her back to thevet and he gave her  a shot and she still refused to give up.the vet had to give her a secpnd shot and when she still continued to fight that shot the vet told me that until I told her it was ok for her to let go she would continue to fight the shots..I'm sure he was gulping back tears that dau so I did as he told me and my cat took a couple of shallow breaths and then one deep one and it was all over for her. I cried  and still miss her but I know I did the right thing.my thoughts and prayers will be with you Missdoh

Oh my god, I sure hope my Doudoune won't make go through to this tonight, but I have to be there to comfort her and let her feel it is ok to go.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 02, 21:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I never had been through a situation like this, but I did lose pets in the past. I think it's hard when they pass away no matter the cause. No matter what happens tho, you have the wonderful moments to cherish.
I whish you a lot of strength going through these difficult times.

Hugs,
virgali

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 02, 21:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god, I sure hope my Doudoune won't make go through to this tonight, but I have to be there to comfort her and let her feel it is ok to go.

Missdoh, it is usually very peaceful and over within a few seconds. Your vet should give you as much time as you need before the shot is given to cuddle and say your goodbye.

One thing that I would like to mention that has been comforting to me is having a pet cremated. I used to think people were crazy for doing this, but it does help with the grieving process, much like a funeral would for a human (I would say person, but I believe our pets are persons, too). It is a final gesture of love and respect for all the love your pet has given you. I know that many people may not have the means, but if you do you, it does help ease the pain.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 02, 21:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missdoh, sorry about your cat. It is most unfortunate to have to put a cat to rest, even though I haven't had to, I know what you're going through. I like cats, because they are mostly nicer and less roudy than dogs. We had a cat at the old apartment. She was a fat and furry cat. Although very mean (she attacked legs a lot) and she tore up furniture, and shed a lot, I was still upset when my mom told us we were giving her away when we moved to the new apartment. We had gotten new furniture and my mom didnt want it tore up from the cat again. I'm unsure of where she is now, but my Aunt took her to some place where she'll find a good home, and won't sit in a cage for days. It's just so sad to imagine what she went through the first few days. Imagine not knowning where you are or where your owners are, where you're going. . I dunno it makes me sad and I really didn't like giving her away. But I had no say in it. ..

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 02, 22:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so sorry about your kitty.  There is nothing harder or more loving to do than to ease someone's suffering.  Im not sure what to say but my thoughts are with you.  just take it day by day.

GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 02, 22:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missdoh: I don't pray, but I will be thinking about you and your Doudoune. The death of a loved one is always hard, regardless of whether they have four legs or two. My mum and I become sobbing messes whenever one of our rats die. They don't have a very long lifespan, but oh how they steal your heart away if you give them a chance. Be sure to give your other kitties extra hugs, not only because it'll make you feel better, but because they'll be upset too. After a pet dies, I like to let the remaining animals smell anything that the other has touched after death, especially when the said pet had to be euthanized outside of the home. That way they'll know what happened rather than wondering where they are.

Bangelnuts: That had to be an extremely traumatic experience for both you and your dear cat. How anyone can do that to an animal, I don't know. What's more frustrating is that the assailants rarely get punished for their actions. In murder cases, what the families want most is for the person or persons responsible to be punished for their actions. Unfortunately, the justice system doesn't hold the murder of pets very highly. It's very rare for people who cruelly torture an animal to death to even receive a year in prison. Usually it's just a fine... At least that's the case in the U.S... I don't know where you're from. It sickens me that people can so easily get away with treating a feeling, thinking creature in such a barbaric manner, and that the equivalent of a pet's life in the eyes of justice is a year of prison, or a fine. *huff* I need to stop before I get ahead of myself... I'm very passionate about animal rights, so don't get me started.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 02, 23:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So sorry about your cat Sad I had to do the same thing with my dog about 5 years ago, so I know how you feel.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 02, 23:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so sorry MisDoh for your pain. My thoughts are with you tonight. My sweet Lizzie (a Maltese) had to be put to sleep in January and I miss her every single day. I'm glad you have other pets to comfort you at this time. Hang in there.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 03, 01:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel your pain, Missdoh. I have a 19-year-old cat. We got her when I was six, so she's grown up with me, and when you've had a cat that long, she's not a pet or even a friend anymore, she's a member of the family. Even my dad, who doesn't like cats at all, loves her. She's still relatively healthy, but given her age we know we'll probably lose her soon, so I can sympathise with what you're going through.

Just remember all the good and funny times you had together (I still have my first-year university books with the front pages all clawed, because Smokey somehow figured out that paper being shredded was the only noise that would wake me when she wanted to go out in the morning), and keep all your photos of her so you'll never forget (not that you could anyway, but physical memories help keep the mental ones sharp). You're in our thoughts.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 03, 01:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doudoune is now in cat heaven.  She went away in peace with all her beloved ones around her and her favorite toys.

I will miss you Doudoune but will see you later...

Thank you all I did feel your support in this hard time  Kiss
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 03, 01:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cry Oh poor kitty. At least she's not suffering or in pain anymore.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know some people scoff at viewing pets as family members but to me they very much are.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 03, 01:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doudoune is now in cat heaven.  She went away in peace with all her beloved ones around her and her favorite toys.

as sad as it is you did the right thing for her she isnt suffering anymore. Im sure she is romping and playing in kitty heaven now

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 03, 02:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* HUGS * 
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 03, 04:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so sorry for your loss and wish that there was more comfort I could give than to let you know you're in my thoguhts. I firmly believe you will be with your furry kindred spirit someday again.
Jewel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 03, 05:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, I am so sorry about your kitty Miss.  I had to put mine down a few years ago for the same type of disease.  When I had him put to sleep he weighed about 11 lbs so he had lost 7 lbs in the previous year, he was a big cat.   However, when he lost interest in life to the point where all he did was sleep it was time to let you.  It was a very brave thing to do that for your cat.  hugs, Jewel
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 03, 10:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HUGS.

My 12 year old cat, Tigger, was put to sleep this time last year.  I still miss him, even though I have two other cats (like you, one cat is older and the other is much younger). 

I always thought the oldest cat would be the one to go first, for the last few years we've been saying 'this will probably be her last spring' ... but she keeps on keeping on.  It kinda took me by surprise when the second oldest cat was the one that needed to be put to sleep.

Tigger was in so much pain at the end and I was very upset to see him in that much pain.  I'm comforted by the knowledge that his pain is over. 

Some relatives of mine (who don't have pets) couldn't understand why my adult kids and I were so upset - those relatives tried to tell me he was only an animal, but I knew better.  Tigger was a four-legged furry family member.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 03, 10:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have walked in your shoes and had to put a cat I owned to sleep before and she wasnt old but she had been. beaten by some neighborhood kids who had locked her   ina shed ,she finally escaped and came home a day or so later .we took her to the vet who did all he could for her and we took her home followed the instructions to the the letter but still she worrsened and startted to go into shock and was in terrible pain.So I took her back to thevet and he gave her  a shot and she still refused to give up.the vet had to give her a secpnd shot and when she still continued to fight that shot the vet told me that until I told her it was ok for her to let go she would continue to fight the shots..I'm sure he was gulping back tears that dau so I did as he told me and my cat took a couple of shallow breaths and then one deep one and it was all over for her. I cried  and still miss her but I know I did the right thing.my thoughts and prayers will be with you Missdoh

This makes me so mad I could go and wring their wretched little necks. It is beyond me that some sick, twisted liittle shites manage to torture a defenceless creature to the point of death. It makes me wonder how they treat people if ther is no compassion for a creature that does no more than to provide affection and company for its owner. I hope they were caught, Bangelnuts. Belated hugs.

Missdoh, I have had many cats and lost many too. Each of them was special and brought great joy to me and whoever knew them. At the moment I have four healthy girls, who I adore and will miss sorely when their time comes. HUGS.

Meh...
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 03, 12:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've often been asked why I don't have a dog by people who know me and my affection for these animals. The answer is simple: I had a dog once. It was ran over by a car in New Year's Day 1998. On our way to the vet I examined him quickly in the car and I knew, though I was just a 3rd year student at that time, that he wouldn't make it. The vet gave him a painkiller and gave me a look that confirmed my diagnosis. Shattered pelvis, ruptured kidneys. No way for Svenson to get out of this. He passed away a couple of hours later. He was 7. I won't go through this again.
I'm really sorry for your loss Missdoh.

Let the Beast inside you free!
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 03, 13:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so sorry Missdoh.  I had a 16 year old Siamese cat that was my good friend.  She had to be put down at the end also.  The vet gave her a shot and I held her on my lap, bawling like she used to, while her heart just. slowly. stopped.  She had no pain.  It was peaceful.  But I cried for days.   Cry

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: