More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 19:05:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Today is a really sad day
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Today is a really sad day  (Read 23124 times)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Today is a really sad day
« on: 2005 November 02, 17:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this is not Sims related at all but I need to share this with some people and since all of you are kind and nice I thought it was ok to do so in here.

I have a 12 year old female cat which have big kidneys problem which works at only 20%.  We took her to the vet last week, they ran some test and told us that she was in a really bad shape.  They took good care of her and gave her the appropriate treatman but after they ran other test on her, they mention that she only a had a 10% of survival.  They suggest we take her home to see if in her regular environment she would eat and feel better since eventhough it is a small percentage it is better than nothing. 

So we took her back home Monday, she ate a bit, drank a bit I was overwhelmed and happy.  We have to give her a pill everyday but this is not a problem and a very small price to pay to have her with us, there was also other treatment to do but we did not mind at all.

This morning when I woke up she had been sick and did not kept the food she ate the day before....  Cry  Which means there is no hope anymore).  Tonight I have to take her to vet and give her an euthanasia.... I am demolish but I know it is the only proper thing to do.

Sorry I had to share this I don't want to make you all sad but I needed to share it... If you feel like it, have a thought for me and my cat "Doudoune" tonight, I am sure I will feel it.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Today is a really sad day
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 02, 17:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's really too bad about your cat.  I've had to put cats down before and it was an incredibly difficult thing to do.  Sad  I feel your pain.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 02, 17:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand what you're going through, we went through similar with our own cat two years ago.  It's awful when you are counting down the last hours of a pet's life.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 02, 17:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awwww Missdoh I know how you feel I too have had pets that are like family and we love them as we love our children. I have also had to make the right choice for the pet.I am sorry you and your kitty has to go through this .You both will be in my prayers.
Akharra
Corpulent Cretin

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 02, 17:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, too, feel your pain. May you and your beloved friend be surrounded by love. My prayers are with both of you. Big hug!

Formerly known as Tess.

All those that believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 02, 17:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know the feeling.  Last year we had to put down my wife's Rottweiler.  She was an inside dog and I got closer to her than any other pet i have ever had.  She had cancer and we had her on steroids for a while but it got to where we had to make a choice.  Was having her with us worth all the pain she was going through. 

Remember all the good times and the pain will pass.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 02, 17:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor you. It is the hard part about having pets, but then if we didn't adore them so much, it wouldn't be so painful. I went through this exact scenario with one of my favourite cats ever a couple of years ago, so I really feel for you, Missdoh.

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 02, 17:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sorry.

When I was 11 my dad's cat Rufus had to be put down. He'd been sick with thyriod problems for a while and it finally got too bad and he had to be put down.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 02, 17:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so sorry Missdoh. We had to have our 18 yr old cat put to sleep two years ago because he had cancer. It is very hard to watch their health deteriorate like that and the only thing you can do is end their suffering. You have my sympathy but please know, you are doing the right, humane thing.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 02, 17:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for your kind words, it helps me a lot dealing with it.

I have 2 other cats home, one is 16 years old and one is 3 years old, they will give me comfort tonight. Smiley  The house will feel less empty knowing they will be there waiting for me... *sight*

She did have a really nice life and I have good memories of her... this does ease the pain.  And like said, I know it is the only human thing to do.
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 02, 18:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand how you feel because I'm going through a similiar situation right now with my cat. She's 13 years old, with bad kidneys and skin allergies. The vet has us giving her pills every single day, but I had a really bad scare about two months ago. I can't imagine the pain you're going through right now and I feel for you MissDoh. I'm not really big with prayer, but my thoughts are with you and your kitty tonight.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 02, 18:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel for you Missdoh. I've been though the same thing several times over the years with pets and it's never easy. I will probably be going through it again soon as well, I've got an 18yr old cat that is starting to go downhill quickly.  Sad
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 02, 18:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel for you Missdoh.  My aunt is going through this now with her dogs, and even though my dog is still quite young, I dread the day I know is coming the closer I get to her.  We had a dog years ago that we decided to have euthanized, although she was more my mom's dog, she was a part of the family.  We grew up together.  My mom and I still remember the good times we had with her.  I tell myself to just enjoy it for now, that the years of love and the good times shared will make it worth it, and my dog is very happy.  I am glad that I can provide that for her in return for the unconditional love she has given me.   Cry
Marvelleaux
Puppy Fucker
Blathering Buffoon

"free-thinking cat shits outside the box"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 02, 18:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is very sad news.  A cuddle to both you and your furry friend.

Odi profanum vulgaris
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 02, 18:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I used to be really against euthanising animals until our dog got really terribly ill and was in great pain and I couldn't bear to watch him like that so my family finally decided to have him euthanised. It was a heartwrenching decision so I feel for you. No matter what choice you make, you feel terrible. Let them live a little longer and they suffer, have them euthanised and you feel responsible for killing them. Ultimately I just couldn't bear to see someone I cared about in pain. Sad

Sorry to hear about your poor kitty.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 02, 18:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My thoughts and prayers go out to you...and your little one. I have three furbabies too, and I would be devastated, inconsolable, if one of my fur-family passed on. :-(

HUGS...

Jade

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 02, 18:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is always difficult to lose a good friend. My thoughts are with you.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 02, 19:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread seriously gets me choked up. I have two cats who are like my children, and, although they are very healthy, they are both 12 years old now. I'm hoping they'll be with me for a long while. I can't bear to think of the day when they won't be.

I used to be a vet tech, and that made me more comfortable with the idea of euthanasia. I never got used to seeing it, but then neither do most veterinarians. I've seen the vets get choked up many times. It's always a sad thing, but rest assured that your cat won't suffer. It's a very peaceful way to go.

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 02, 19:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(((hugs))) I have two kitties myself, I have an idea of how much this must hurt Sad Hang in there.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 02, 19:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Missdoh. I'm so sorry. I know the pain you're going through. I went through it four years ago when my beloved dog passed away. Believe me you're doing the right thing. I only wish I had, believe me it's a hundred times better what you are doing than waking up one morning and finding him/her dead because you didn't want to let go .  I kept hoping he'd get better because he was all I had.  He was like my child.I was devastated.

The days will get better for you, two things that helped me were reading the rainbow bridge poem : http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm     and reading stories from others that had pets pass on. It was very comforting knowing I wasn't alone.

My prayers are with you

hyperCat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 02, 19:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so sorry, Missdoh. I had to put my 16 year old cat to sleep and it was the hardest, most painful thing I've ever done. You're in my thoughts.

I am kitty meow face, meow meow, look at me!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 02, 19:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand how you feel because I'm going through a similiar situation right now with my cat. She's 13 years old, with bad kidneys and skin allergies. The vet has us giving her pills every single day, but I had a really bad scare about two months ago. I can't imagine the pain you're going through right now and I feel for you MissDoh. I'm not really big with prayer, but my thoughts are with you and your kitty tonight.

I am sorry to read this, I send plenty of good vibrations to you and your cat.  I sure hope for you your cat will feel better.  The good thing is that the vet mentionned to me that she is not suffering so at least this is a good news....
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 02, 20:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Missdoh. I'm so sorry. I know the pain you're going through. I went through it four years ago when my beloved dog passed away. Believe me you're doing the right thing. I only wish I had, believe me it's a hundred times better what you are doing than waking up one morning and finding him/her dead because you didn't want to let go .  I kept hoping he'd get better because he was all I had.  He was like my child.I was devastated.

The days will get better for you, two things that helped me were reading the rainbow bridge poem : http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm     and reading stories from others that had pets pass on. It was very comforting knowing I wasn't alone.

My prayers are with you

Thanks for this link, I will go take a look at it right now.  And yes it is really cumforting to read all your messages, I feel less alone right now... I just have to go through this day.  Tonight when I come home I will take good care and spend all my time with my "Doudoune".  Unfortunately I don't have any picture of her I can show you, well only paper ones which is not very useful.

Thanks for the hugs, prayers and thoughts you are all great, I return them all back X100
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 02, 20:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have walked in your shoes and had to put a cat I owned to sleep before and she wasnt old but she had been. beaten by some neighborhood kids who had locked her   ina shed ,she finally escaped and came home a day or so later .we took her to the vet who did all he could for her and we took her home followed the instructions to the the letter but still she worrsened and startted to go into shock and was in terrible pain.So I took her back to thevet and he gave her  a shot and she still refused to give up.the vet had to give her a secpnd shot and when she still continued to fight that shot the vet told me that until I told her it was ok for her to let go she would continue to fight the shots..I'm sure he was gulping back tears that dau so I did as he told me and my cat took a couple of shallow breaths and then one deep one and it was all over for her. I cried  and still miss her but I know I did the right thing.my thoughts and prayers will be with you Missdoh

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 02, 20:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww, Bangelnuts, that's so sad.  Cry

People can be so wretched to animals (watch, you'll see their names listed as Most Wanted Serial Killer later in life).

My mother's cat currently has kidney problems, which they discovered when they had to do an operation for a broken leg, and I had a cat previously that was only about 3 years old when he developed kidney problems.  It got bad very quickly as he started to be unable to walk.  I took him to the vet and held him when they euthanized him, and he never broke eye contact with me.  But, it was the most humane thing for him. 

You're doing the right thing, Missdoh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: