More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:11:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Originally a "Power Outage" in the game? Could modders plz help get it back?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Originally a "Power Outage" in the game? Could modders plz help get it back?  (Read 30649 times)
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
Re: Originally a "Power Outage" in the game? Could modders plz help get it back?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 July 28, 15:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sniff. After all I've done, I've never been award a ferret badge. *sniff

Wink That's okay. I think I'll live.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Originally a "Power Outage" in the game? Could modders plz help get it back?
« Reply #26 on: 2008 July 28, 15:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoo, I can has fwoggie Grammar Ferret! Words fail. I am touched. And also, giddy. I shall treasure it always.

Would now be a bad time to mention that it should be "never been awarded"?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 July 28, 17:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin So that's why? I'm great at grammar but lousey at shpelling. Grin

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 July 28, 19:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hur! Grin

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 July 29, 11:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some who play that one challenge that runs through time periods (I can't recall the name) play that way for generations. No phone, no lights, no tv, etc. I've kind of done it in poverty challenges, but only for a day or two.
wow, your social life must be a right whirlwind! saddo!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 July 29, 14:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some who play that one challenge that runs through time periods (I can't recall the name) play that way for generations. No phone, no lights, no tv, etc. I've kind of done it in poverty challenges, but only for a day or two.
wow, your social life must be a right whirlwind! saddo!
Uh, how in the world do you get that from what I said?

I've heard of a challenge that I don't play. That makes me lack a social life? Wow. What the hell was going on last night, when some of my guy friends came over to play Wii and drink DT? And last weekend, when I went to Ravinia? Hallucinations. Must be.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 July 29, 15:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't lick the tard, Zazazu.  You don't owe it an explanation.  Let it wallow in its cluelessness.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 July 29, 16:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*is ashamed*
I almost decided to just post something about wondering when school would start back up, but decided to try to point out lameness. Kind of failed.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 July 29, 19:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*pats the new bunny on the head

It's okay, this once. Don't ever lick the tard again.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 July 29, 20:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's true; pumpkin bunny will cleanse you of a multitude of sins. And get out stubborn grass stains.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 July 29, 20:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All tard-mockery aside, I really can't stand dark rooms in the real world or in the game. They bum me out. I would not be a fan of such challenges, I don't think.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 July 29, 21:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bit of a lame mini game.
Yeah, it doesn't exactly sound difficult...at all. And what the hell does a wind generator do anyway? Make it so that future power outages don't matter? That's no fun.

I still have the wind generator in my game, (from MTS2). Basically, it moves...and it lowers the household bills by a certain amount.

* Has an afterthought. *

Originally, there was supposed to be a Power Outage scenario, a Meet Your Future-In-Laws scenario, and an Entertain-Your-Employer scenario. I think that the Headmaster scenario is the only mini game that EAxis kept in TS2.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 29, 21:55:43 by YoungOldPrude » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 July 30, 01:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Originally, there was supposed to be a Power Outage scenario, a Meet Your Future-In-Laws scenario, and an Entertain-Your-Employer scenario. I think that the Headmaster scenario is the only mini game that EAxis kept in TS2.
Isn't the Entertain Your Boss scenario supposed to be resurrected for TS3? If it is, I wonder if they'll put any effort into implementing the Power Outage or Meet the Fockers? Boss & In-Laws would probably fall along similar lines to the Headmaster dance, but the failure penalty for each could theoretically be a lot more drastic. Of course, the fact that I'm pondering these ideas with some curiosity and interest means they will not be included.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2008 July 30, 09:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-snip-
Right, then. Proceed.
*yoinks some of Strangel's popcorn*

-snickers and munches away-

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 July 30, 18:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was an object called Mad Scientist "Bustin Out" Tesla Coil,
it was made by Wintermuteai1 and I downloaded it at MTS2.

wintermuteai1 wrote:
"What the Object Does:
Upon placement, you will see the Tesla coil with arcs of electricity running around it.
(note: the arcs of electricity are actually somewhat in front of it, but it looks great.)
The Main Function "Use Tesla Coil" must be used with caution, as it will result
in a lighting storm, and the subsequent power outage(i finally found a USEFUL
way to integrate it...lol) So use with caution. In the past some people have reported various errors with using any type of Weather features."

Unfortunately it did not work for me. The Power Outage made my game crash. (So maybe it DID work, in a way...)

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 July 30, 21:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would never trust a hack from someone who used "LOL" in the description and had issues finding their SHIFT key. Coding requires precision.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 July 30, 21:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's usually a good rule of thumb to follow.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 July 30, 21:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, that seems to be 90% or more of all the modders out there. And I don't mean just for The Sims.

The world is run by C students.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 July 30, 21:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

C students don't commit fully to their projects. Chances are that a "C student" modder is not going to support their mods. Why put something in your game that is going to blow up at a future date?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
dumbfool
Asinine Airhead

Dumb Fool

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 July 31, 06:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone actually cares, I have a hack coming soon that does a lot of things with power and water. It should also re-enabled the Power Outage Scenario. Been working on this for months it seems, but it is almost done.

Many of the newer objects from newer EP/SP don't actually turn off when the electricity is shut off. And the objects are still usable even when the power is off. But I have fixed most of them so far.

It should be very cool!
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 August 07, 20:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember it vaguely. No electrical devices could be interacted with and switched off immediately. The ceiling and wall lights still worked however...  Undecided The Windmill supposedly provides power to your sims so they don't have to pay their power bill, basically meaning it just lowers the bills.

I also remember trying the Boss scenario. The phone call worked, a boss NPC was generated but no one came and the scenario aborted immediately. Obviously, there's not much left of it.

What's this about a Future In-Laws scenario though? I've never heard about that one.

Sarahsuke
Asinine Airhead

INFJ - The S is for Sucks

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 August 08, 05:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's this about a Future In-Laws scenario though? I've never heard about that one.
I actually heard something about it back in the TS1 days, and that it was possibly linked to the upside down face bug that popped up when Unleashed came out. Unfortunately, my memory of it is hazy.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: