More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:35:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  EAxis shaved my sims >:(
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis shaved my sims >:(  (Read 4039 times)
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
EAxis shaved my sims >:(
« on: 2008 July 24, 15:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running a nearly vanilla game-MATY DC, Lord Darcy's rescued stuff, & a few recolors.

(This could be K&B or IKEA related, since I've installed both in the past month, but I'm not sure.)
I noticed a couple of days ago that most of my facial hair is missing. I have at least five blank icons in CAS and if I select them, nothing changes in the sim's appearance.

I still have the long beard, the stupid, mangy BV one, the twirly charlatan one, and the thicker, weird, sort of 20's one.

No goatee, no regular mustache, no others.

I removed all CC, but no change. Searched to no avail, btw. Hawlp please.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: EAxis shaved my sims >:(
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 25, 06:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats strange i have everything up to IKEA and my beards are fine, exept the black amfacefullbeard for him is a fix needed.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 25, 11:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel your pain. I am still dealing with disappearing DL folders and files. It is possibly EA's devious way of forcing us to shop at their dumb store.  Cheesy

Let us know how it goes and good luck.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 25, 12:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats strange i have everything up to IKEA and my beards are fine, exept the black amfacefullbeard for him is a fix needed.

After I read your reply, Havelock, I realized that while I had taken out my Downloads folder, my SavedSims was still in there possibly causing the problem.

I pulled my entire Sims2 folder  and let the game generate a new one.

Now, in CAS, my thumbnails are no longer blank, so I thought I was halfway to a solution, but they're just deceitful thumbnails.

When I select them, I still get nothing.

Specifically, the missing ones are 6-10 and 15, in other words, everything I'd actually use. I have no idea.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 25, 21:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are those all base game or what? If I knew where they resided, we could try sending you clean copies of the corresponding files. I love how EAxis shoves a bunch of different files in one package. Only one file could be corrupt and it could cause this.
Try replacing these packages with fresh copies. Tell me if you need one.
The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Materials\Materials.package
The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins\Skins.package

« Last Edit: 2008 July 25, 21:56:13 by Kazzandra » Logged
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 26, 00:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they are all base game. It seems to be the ones I've had the longest time. I'll try replacing them from my backup discs. Thanks so much for the offer to send them-I'll take you up on it if this doesn't work.

YES!! I can haz beardz again! You frickin' rule, Kazzandra!

I'm going to make your self sim an awesome temple for the other self sims to worship her in.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 26, 00:59:56 by msalwaysright » Logged

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 26, 02:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh-- I fixed a problem that jolrei didn't fix first! I feel all awesome and stuff.  Tongue
Now this means that I'm going to probably inadvertently stick my foot in my mouth very soon.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 26, 03:06:36 by Kazzandra » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: