More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:10:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  The Bowels of Trogdor
| |-+  The Small Intestines of Trogdor
| | |-+  vacation sort and downtown sort
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: vacation sort and downtown sort  (Read 8100 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
vacation sort and downtown sort
« on: 2008 July 21, 12:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do they do?  Are they even labelled right?

The only objects I have come across that use these fields so far are hotel desks and vanity tables.  Even the bed called "hotel bed" does not.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: vacation sort and downtown sort
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 22, 03:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Far as I can tell, they are relic fields left over from TS1. They are most likely mislabelled, as those labels have existed since before TS2 *HAD* downtowns or vacations. It is possible that they are simply unused and the data contained within them is just uninitialized garbage.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 22, 07:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's pretty much my take on it, but I thought I'd better check there wasn't something insidious going on Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 22, 08:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you said hotel desks and vanity tables use them. Do you have any idea WHAT they use them for? It's obviously not for vacation and downtown sorting, so that label should probably just be replaced with "unknown". What it is used for is somewhat less clear.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 22, 10:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even think of a connection between the two objects, other than that a sim slots into them in order to operate them.   I think it's just left over from the Sims 1 objects - a lot of objects were converted from Sims 1 and still have unused sims 1 resources in the packages.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: