More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 06:51:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does this make sense?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does this make sense?  (Read 116749 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Does this make sense?
« Reply #225 on: 2005 November 10, 03:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god!! If there was any doubt about Rentech's talent for fabrication this is the piece de resistance!!
She is really over the e dge now Undecided

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2005 November 10, 04:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well damn Rainbow if your hair has been here all along there must have been something wrong with my computer because I sure as hell haven't seen it and still don't. Maybe Mr. MATY is hiding it from us all. Well all of us except Rennie of course.  Roll Eyes

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2005 November 10, 05:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rennie, time to up the dosage!!!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2005 November 10, 05:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF?!? How can anyone - site or individual - request that someone else's stuff be removed?

I think I'll request that Rentech's stuff is removed from VS. Or Carrigon's.

I really wish I could close my account over there, it just feels icky now. I don't like leaving even a bit of me there.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: 2005 November 10, 07:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Giggle!  Well when it was just me, I was sort of half thinking "wait, maybe I did do something wrong without understanding I had", but this is incredible.   I don't think she can really believe in what she says, surely she is really just doing it to be as annoying as she knows how to be?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
hyperCat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2005 November 10, 10:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy shit, she's really gone over the deep end! Shocked

I am kitty meow face, meow meow, look at me!
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2005 November 10, 12:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I'm of the very firm opinion that she's having a breakdown - a serious, medical variety. The behaviour she's displaying is putting me in mind of a few service users I work with, and she need real help. Quite worrying.

Meh...
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: 2005 November 10, 12:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if you're really serious, I wonder if she is actually fostering a child at the moment?  It wouldn't be good for an already vulnerable child to be in that atmosphere not that I am saying she'd be dangerous or anything.   But I don't really think it's that so much as an overdose of self-righteousness.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2005 November 10, 13:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know that retchead woman but why is she jeoulous of JM?   She don't make any mods, does she?   I have never downloaded anything by her.   Roll Eyes
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2005 November 10, 16:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hee hee! "Retchead", that's quite fitting.  Grin

* Baddmark opens Rennie in SimPE and finds corrupted memories and all relationships at -100/-100. Should I repair or delete?
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2005 November 10, 16:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know that retchead woman but why is she jeoulous of JM?   She don't make any mods, does she?   I have never downloaded anything by her.   Roll Eyes

I use her crib mobiles to build body skill for toddlers and babies. One of my favourite mods, actually.

She's still as mad as a sack of ferrets, though.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: 2005 November 10, 16:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vector, I did the code for those mobiles to add the body points and stuff  Smiley  Ren did the mesh though.

vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2005 November 10, 16:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vector, I did the code for those mobiles to add the body points and stuff  Smiley  Ren did the mesh though.

Hah! One of yours, is it? That'll be why I like it, then.

vector,
laughing heartily
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2005 November 10, 17:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Baddmark opens Rennie in SimPE and finds corrupted memories and all relationships at -100/-100. Should I repair or delete?

You just made me choke on my hot chocolate. Thanks a lot  Grin
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2005 November 10, 18:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which IIRC ain't exactly the lowest in the poly count either, but she may have redone it at some point. The shapes on a crib mobile can easily be created via alpha channels though instead of meshing the individual shapes out. This also has the advantage of letting you do completely different shapes with just recolors and a flat plane alpha channeled can be any shape and only 4 polys if double sided.

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: 2005 November 10, 22:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By all accounts, Rentechd is behaving in ways that are, at the very least, paranoid and psychotic. There's something not right. And it stopped being funny to me some time ago. Mental health stuff is sufficiently raw with me that I can't laugh and point at someone who could be in quite severe distress.

I'd like to hope that if I ever had a total breakdown on the internet and none of my real-life friends noticed, some of my online friends would try to get me to a doctor. Does anyone know enough real-life information about her to try to get her some help? Is there anyone who she trusts & doesn't completely hate yet who could try to approach the situation with her? It's difficult, because when you're in that kind of state of paranoia, everyone is out to get you. So if someone tries to suggest that you're paranoid and need help, rather than considering the idea possible, that's another piece of ammunition to use against them :-/.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2005 November 10, 23:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know... I think that's going a bit far. I love those mobiles and if they really are so easy to do better, I sure wish people'd make more of them. I could use other designs and recolors and the like. I used Rentech's cradle for quite awhile before I saw another one as well (not to say no others were made that I didn't know about, but hers has been around for a good period) and people are always begging for baby and toddler stuff. I believe I've a few other things she's made here and there as well. Oh yeah, I really like the pirate ship too, except it's so attractive... I did know Inge coded the mobiles for her, but there were some things on her site she modded herself as well, yes? It seems as if she's taken some things down, but I believer there was more (an ashtray?) before. Even if not, doing good meshes is still doing something. ...yeah, she seems to be having some problems right now, but that doesn't just make the stuff she created no good. She has made things and they're good things and a fair number of people use them.

Unsouper
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: 2005 November 10, 23:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think Rennie does simantics hacking at all, that's why Pescado or I used to help her out with those bits that needed doing on her objects.  Are you confusing some of her stuff with Carrigon's?

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2005 November 10, 23:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know... I think that's going a bit far. I love those mobiles and if they really are so easy to do better, I sure wish people'd make more of them. I could use other designs and recolors and the like. I used Rentech's cradle for quite awhile before I saw another one as well (not to say no others were made that I didn't know about, but hers has been around for a good period) and people are always begging for baby and toddler stuff. I believe I've a few other things she's made here and there as well. Oh yeah, I really like the pirate ship too, except it's so attractive... I did know Inge coded the mobiles for her, but there were some things on her site she modded herself as well, yes? It seems as if she's taken some things down, but I believer there was more (an ashtray?) before. Even if not, doing good meshes is still doing something. ...yeah, she seems to be having some problems right now, but that doesn't just make the stuff she created no good. She has made things and they're good things and a fair number of people use them.

I think Carrigon did the ashtray. Pretty sure.
I have the pirate ship as well, and had to put it behind Inge's lockable gate to keep the flood of adults off of it! Why would my adult male Hall of Famer want to play on a pink and purple pirate ship? Jeez. I went into simpe, though, and changed it so only the kids will use it. I like it so much more, now. Cheesy
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2005 November 11, 00:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you confusing some of her stuff with Carrigon's?

Could be, does Carrigon have a cigarettes and ashtray thing?

But even if she never coded anything, I still think what she has created is worth something. She made the mobiles and then you added the code so they did something. Even without the bodybuilding, I'd still want the mobiles, and I dunno if it's easy to make them low polygon or whatever but so far as I know, no one has.

IMO, she has made good things and they're fun to have and I'm still glad she made them even if she is having a meltdown or something and having such a meltdown doesn't make what she created not as good.

uh... I'm glad you worked with her and added the code too (I like them fine the way they are) and I love all the stuff on your site and download and use tons of it... I'm not, in any way, trying to take away from what you do. Really I wish I was you - but I'll just have to be me temporarily.

Unsouper
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2005 November 11, 00:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the pirate ship as well, and had to put it behind Inge's lockable gate to keep the flood of adults off of it!

I actually thought the pirate thing was interesting, and downloaded it, only to open it up in SimPE and find that it had about 10,000 faces! Are so many faces necessary for a bunch of boards? I mean, really.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2005 November 11, 00:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the pirate ship as well, and had to put it behind Inge's lockable gate to keep the flood of adults off of it!

I actually thought the pirate thing was interesting, and downloaded it, only to open it up in SimPE and find that it had about 10,000 faces! Are so many faces necessary for a bunch of boards? I mean, really.
I have no clue what the pirate ship is. I have the smokable cigarette though

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2005 November 11, 00:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know... I think that's going a bit far. I love those mobiles and if they really are so easy to do better, I sure wish people'd make more of them. I could use other designs and recolors and the like.

I do believe I could do one with a lower polygon count and a bit more versatile if I wanted to yes. However, I really have no interest in making one. Modeling is tedious and time consuming and not something I'm personally willing to do for something I have no intention of ever using. It doesn't mean I can't critique someone else's model or to do so is "going to far". My sister does art and believe me she and her friends are critiquing other things all the time. Hell that was part of their curriculum to do that when they were at art college.

As someone who has modeled before, and someone who is aware of polygon counts and the fact that it's generally best to keep them as low as possible in games because there's a lot going on, yes I think I have a right to say someone could have done something a different way. There are certain techniques you can use to keep your polygon counts low and one of them is alpha channels. It really only works on flat objects or pieces, but it reduces the count a lot and allows for a lot of versatility.

I've seen a case where one modder made a plant using alpha channels to make the holes in the leaves and their plant was about 800 polygons. Another creator made a very similar plant that was 25,000 polygons because they meshed out every single curve and whole in all the plant leaves. To look at the plants in the game, they really looked pretty similar and there was nothing that made the high polygon one look better. In fact in my opinion and that of several other people when I posted the comparison, the low polygon one looked nicer.

So Sagana I do have some fucking clue what I am talking about. Rennie on the other hand has actually said at one point that polygon counts didn't matter at all which is total bullshit and if you don't believe me ask the guys at Maxis.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2005 November 11, 01:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I composed a reply to Rentech, and I tried to be nice about it, stating the facts in a rational manner and not being accusatory.  I understand what you are saying, baratron, and it it's not really my intent to make fun of anyone who is mentally ill.  It's just frustrating, and talking about it here helps to release my frustration and get feedback that I'm not totally losing my mind!  I really don't know Rentech very well at all, certainly not enough to even mention anything like that to her.  I really don't want to argue with her, I just want to know what happened.  Here is the post I sent:
Who exactly at MATY demanded that my toddler hair be removed from VS?  I would really like to know because I have no files hosted there, and I'd like to know who told you they were.  I've asked Pescado, and doesn't know anything about it, and quite frankly could care less where my files are or aren't hosted.  True, he just opened up a forum for people to upload small files if they want, but I haven't uploaded anything there.  If you no longer wanted to host my files here, that is fine.  I would have appreciated it if you had simply told me so.  Instead, I find out only because I came to check things out on the forum and discovered that the thread was gone without a trace and I no longer have access to the remaining one.  Why didn't you inform me of this?  I don't see that is too much to ask.

I also had to delete several PMs even to send you this message because somehow during all this, my PM allowance was reduced to less than the current number of PMs I had stored.  In spite of this, my email address is on file, and you would have been able to contact me that way.

I would still like to know the answer to my question about my rep, which was in my original message.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2005 November 11, 01:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I may as well add my last response to Rentech on the account deletion matter.  I invited her to show me where she told me that I was on read-only access.

Surprise, surprise, there has been no response for the last 3 days:

You did not reply to my first message. I think you're referring to reggikko's original message, which I later copy-and-pasted.

Of course, I have a limited PM box and any time I have sent a message, I have had to delete at least one message. Please feel free to send me a copy of the message you originally sent. Or don't. Because it doesn't exist.

<insert witty comment here>
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: