More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:20:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does this make sense?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does this make sense?  (Read 116751 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Does this make sense?
« Reply #175 on: 2005 November 06, 19:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he and Rennie have issues with that sort of non nude 'nudity' then they ought to take it up with Mattel because kids of have been seeing that on Barbie and Ken dolls since the 60s. Tongue
lots of luck if they think Mattel is going to listen to that nonsense Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2005 November 06, 19:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. I don't normally follow all the nonsense that goes on w/ that site. But the fact that the siteowner has managed to piss off practically everyone in the sims community is just ridiculous. At this point, it'll only be a matter of time before her hypocritical, immoral ass sinks into complete irrelevance. Especially w/ 2jeffs gone, there's pretty much nothing holding her site up.

If only her ship'll sink quicker, cuz we definitely don't need this much drama in a game community.
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2005 November 07, 00:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks pretty obvious Rennie was looking up Rainbow's posts to see if there was any ammunition to "not-ban" her, and decided to post that out of context reply without looking at the date, her own previous post or bothering to actually read what Rainbow wrote.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2005 November 07, 00:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, wait...Rentech doesn't like Sim-style nudity, but she's fine with her modders creating guns that kill Sims? Or am I terribly, terribly confused now?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2005 November 07, 00:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems that's about the size of it. But that's so very American. And I say this as an American, albeit certainly not one that thinks that way.

The game is like that too. How many different ways are their for sims to get killed or otherwise be violent with each other, but heaven forbid you see a naked baby's ass or an adult drinking alcohol.  Roll Eyes

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2005 November 07, 00:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game is like that too. How many different ways are their for sims to get killed or otherwise be violent with each other, but heaven forbid you see a naked baby's ass or an adult drinking alcohol.  Roll Eyes

It seemed that way before. That it was silly Maxis hadn't put simple things like alcohol in the game. But now because of all the attention and controversy over the JT scandal, I think Maxis thinks it should stay low and avoid those things. If they were to add those things, we all know he'd be back on their case with another. . case.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2005 November 07, 00:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what, some fool looking for attention gets to run the show? We all know what they are getting at when they drink "juice" or "blow bubbles" or "woohoo" and the euphamisms are silly nonsense to appease uptight conservatives like Rennie. They're also a double standard because it still doesn't explain why violence is okay, or gambling for that matter.

Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2005 November 07, 00:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you completely. It's more than obvious what our Sims are up to. (Although I never really associated the bubble blower with drugs or anything, especially because bubbles actually come out of it. I viewed more as laughing gas available for home use.) It's just that there will always be something that upsets someone, so Maxis has to make sure everyone can appreciate the game without being offended. They also want to keep a T rating. Who knows why. . They say they want to keep the game available to younger players and an M rating would prevent that. Bullwheedies. Remember San Andreas? Kids were playing it. And look, the new Harry Potter movie? A pg-13 rating.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2005 November 07, 00:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what, some fool looking for attention gets to run the show? We all know what they are getting at when they drink "juice" or "blow bubbles" or "woohoo" and the euphamisms are silly nonsense to appease uptight conservatives like Rennie. They're also a double standard because it still doesn't explain why violence is okay, or gambling for that matter.
I agree  they can Gamble at the poker tables  etc but  and all that stuff has to be buried with silly euphemisms but yet Rentech obviouly has no issue with  deadly violence ie the working hand gun mod in the game definitely a double standard there. I wouldnt use the handgun mod in my game if someone paid me too.I f violence is gonna erupt in my game it will be because one of my sims gets into a fight with another sim. and it wont be with a handgun either

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2005 November 07, 00:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kngidomapaloce: Oh I know it's not what you personally think, you're just trying to explain the rationale behind it, but I still think it's silly.

I think it's far more disturbing that little kids play San Andreas than if they were to say, play the sims and it actually said *gasp* make love instead of woohoo. I also think it's extremely fucked up that no one gave a crap that kids were playing San Andreas until sex became involved.  Roll Eyes

Again, typical American double standard BS. Tongue

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2005 November 07, 00:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kngidomapaloce: Oh I know it's not what you personally think, you're just trying to explain the rationale behind it, but I still think it's silly.

I think it's far more disturbing that little kids play San Andreas than if they were to say, play the sims and it actually said *gasp* make love instead of woohoo. I also think it's extremely fucked up that no one gave a crap that kids were playing San Andreas until sex became involved.  Roll Eyes

Again, typical American double standard BS. Tongue
personally "woohoo is stupid term if you look at the pie menu try for a baby is right there as well  and I would venture to say that not many 13 year olds are so far in the backwoods that they dont how babies are made

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2005 November 07, 01:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also think it's extremely fucked up that no one gave a crap that kids were playing San Andreas until sex became involved.  Roll Eyes

Very
good point, my friend.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2005 November 07, 04:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

San Andreas is misogynist in it's treatment of females too. My son plays this, I've had a game of pool in a bar with him in the game - the pool is excellently simulated by the way! The main character becomes more appealing to the girlfriend the more he exercises/dresses up/buys flowers/takes her out in the car/upgrades his car and so on. As the relationship improves he gets to take more liberties, it seems so formulaic and I wonder what messages it gives young people. The main character can also pick up hookers and make the old car rock. I'm pretty sure that was in the version before as well. I remember my son & his mate giggling hyterically in front of the PS one afternoon when they were about 14, they were running hookers down with their cars.  Undecided

At least in the sims, there is an attempt at gender equality and a presentation of equal opportunities to all sims. I reckon Maxis have done pretty well on that front. I don't mind euphemisms for sex or bubble blowing if it means kids are legally allowed to play it, hell with the empasis on interaction, community and relationships that the gameplay entails, the sims has got to be better for young minds than some of the violent, misogynistic, anti-social, competitive crap that passes for games in the real world.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2005 November 07, 04:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I agree. It's not a bad game at all for kids, or anyone for that matter, to play compared to a lot of other stuff out there. And if nothing else, they get to find out that having a kid and having to take care of it isn't all fun and games, it's a pain in the ass! LOL

I guess I am more bothered by the fact that we live in a society that feels it needs such silly euphamisms than by the euphamisms themselves. That and the double standard that sexual related things are 'bad' and must hidden but violence is just fine to display in the open. But that's more of a problem I have with American society in general and TS2 is by no means the only or the worst example of that.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2005 November 07, 04:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

San Andreas is misogynist in it's treatment of females too.
I watched my ex play this game once, and I really wasn't impressed.  He was showing me one time how they could pick up hookers and make the car rock and all that.  It really wasn't down my alley.  You make a good point about how it depicts women and what it's teaching young men.

Motoki:  I didn't recognize you at first with your new avatar!  Is this your latest nanny?  I've just about quit using nannies.

Oh, and I guess we all have to stop talking about Rentwit now, I mean Rentech, because "Kngidomapaloce" is getting annoyed.  Tongue
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1340.msg45336#msg45336
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2005 November 07, 04:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims 2 is constructive, making it infinitely better than almost all other games on the market. You actually have something to show for you effort, beyond a bunch of numbers.

And society in general is screwy, not just American. Vive la revolution! (As soon as I finish high school.)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2005 November 07, 06:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm confused.  I broke down and was randomly flipping through the vs forums today, when I found this

Carrigon created a collection of buyable reward objects in July.  Twojeffs I can't remember when your collection came out so I don't know who did it first.

Buyable Career and Aspiration Reward Objects for both Community and Residential Lots.

The second poster said they couldn't find the career objects, so Carrigon says to get it from twojeffs.

Um, but the first sentence in the thread says Career and Aspiration rewards, and the picture Carrigon gives has the Athletic reward.

And, isn't the counterfeiting machine an aspiration reward?  Why wouldn't that be included?

Huh

*scratches head*

*falls over*

<insert witty comment here>
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2005 November 07, 07:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you type boolprop testingcheatsenabled true then unlockCareerRewards for the currently selected Sim, all career rewards are available in the reward panel  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2005 November 07, 09:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I guess I am more bothered by the fact that we live in a society that feels it needs such silly euphamisms than by the euphamisms themselves. That and the double standard that sexual related things are 'bad' and must hidden but violence is just fine to display in the open...

I agree. I didn't have problems with my son and sex education, as he was ready he asked the questions and I answered to the best of my ability. When he was about 15 a funny thing happened. I'd been to the Dr to get some condoms, she gave me 2 dozen boxes which gobsmacked me - I didn't know if she was making comment on my sex life or whether her pen slipped as she meant to give me 2 dozen condoms.  Cheesy Anyway we had a gross of condoms in the house, so one hot day I made a water balloon with one. Well it was all on, my son and his mates joined in and we had a glorious water fight. The boys used some for balloons at a party and I found exploded bits of condom here and there for the next several weeks. And the empty foil packets in his room.

So, the point of this shaggy dog story? It occurred to me that this had turned out to be a really cool way to get young guys handling condoms with confidence and no fear, free to experiment. I know he handed a few out to his mates too. Throughout his teenage years I always made sure there was a packet of condoms in the bathroom cupboard and, touch wood, I'm still not a grandmother yet.

So back to your comment Motoki, I agree society is hypocritical about sex. The more knowledge and confidence a young person has about sex, the more likely they are to make good decisions. They need to see sex is just a normal, natural part of life instead of something secret and dirty. IMHO of course. Wink

BTW I love the new nanny avatar, all she needs is fangs. Scare any kid to death, guaranteed.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2005 November 07, 11:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I guess I am more bothered by the fact that we live in a society that feels it needs such silly euphamisms than by the euphamisms themselves. That and the double standard that sexual related things are 'bad' and must hidden but violence is just fine to display in the open...

So back to your comment Motoki, I agree society is hypocritical about sex. The more knowledge and confidence a young person has about sex, the more likely they are to make good decisions. They need to see sex is just a normal, natural part of life instead of something secret and dirty. IMHO of course. Wink

Absolutely. If people were not so coy with their kids about what is purely a biological function and gave them the information they need - babies are hard work and demanding so forget having a life; it ain't a goddam doll! - perhaps we would see fewer teenagers in desperate straights.

I too am apalled that it's OK for working models of guns to be available for the sims and would never have one of those things in my game. The cartoon violence I can cope with, it's the idea of deliberate killing that disturbs me.

Meh...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2005 November 07, 13:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and I guess we all have to stop talking about Rentwit now, I mean Rentech, because "Kngidomapaloce" is getting annoyed.  Tongue

Yes well I am sure you saw my reply to that too. People over in that thread clubbing baby seals ain't go no room to talk. At least we're picking on an adult. Tongue

Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2005 November 07, 14:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes well I am sure you saw my reply to that too. People over in that thread clubbing baby seals ain't go no room to talk. At least we're picking on an adult. Tongue

Well I guess that's Kngidomapaloce problem and they'll just have to get over it.  Tongue
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2005 November 07, 16:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I did, and I loved it.  His comment in another thread about female parts didn't impress me either.  But I digress.  We were talking about Rentech, right?  Cheesy
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2005 November 08, 00:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to try pm'ing Rentechd again.  I really would like my vs account deleted, and I'm feeling rather like a dog gnawing at a bone.

This time with 50% more throwing words back in her mouth!

Dear Rentechd

I have not received a response to my previous PM to you, either in writing (which was not expected), or in deletion of the account (which was preferred).

Please either delete this account, or restore my posting rights.  I personally would prefer deletion as I don't really have any interest in posting here, (see my post count, I didn't post much anyway) but apparently you don't like deletion.  I don't know if it was you or VampCat or somebody else who removed them, but it seems to violate your quite public policy which can be found here

Quoted from your first post on the matter:
The first reason a member would loose the ability to post would be if they consistently step outside the bounds of accepted general public behavior and/or continually attempt to flame threads or use personal insults to get a thread fight going. In a case like this, the issue is reviewed and, if found necessary, the poster will be placed on moderated status

While I apparently broke a rule once (which according to the owner of the site which must not be named is actually false but we won't dwell on that), once does not equal consistently stepping outside the bounds of accepted general public behaviour.

The other way a person could loose the ability to post would be if the security protocols in place detect certain activity that it interprets as ‘hacking' and will immediately place the member on ‘read only status'. The protocols are pretty specific and it would be almost impossible to trigger this accidentally. Any time this happens the activity logged is reviewed and the issue investigated and if there was a mistake the user is immediate returned to full access.

From a later post, also by you:
Banning will happen in the event that a member is taking a creators work and distributing it and or reusing it in violation of the creator's or the site's policy on re-use/re-distribution/re-coloring especially if in doing so a member claims that work is their and take credit for it instead of giving proper credit.

So once again I ask, please delete my account or restore my posting rights.

FYI, this message will be copied to that other website so they can follow the progress of my request.

Thank you

EDIT: Ha!  Rentech responds:

I already answered this once. I am not about to delete anymore accounts because then you all post elsewhere that I deleted you accounts for no reason. I set you as read only since no activity on your account for 30 days will force a password change and 60 days after that the account will disappear. If you no longer want the account simply not using it will do what you wish.

I am foolishly replying for all it will achieve:

Rentechd

First, How exactly could I claim you have deleted my account with no reason?  I have publicly declared on another website that I have ASKED for this account to be deleted.  I have copied my pms to you onto another forum as evidence.  You are quite welcome to post this series of pms on the forum in public if anyone doubts that I requested it.

Second, you had not already replied to my request, please keep track of who you are talking to.  I understand you must get a great many requests for information, clarification or action, but in your first pm to me (in an example of bad moderator/admin ettiquette), you did not advise you had placed me on read only, I had to find that out for myself.)

But hey, if the account will eventually be deleted, I'll just have to try and take your word for it.

Thanks again
« Last Edit: 2005 November 08, 02:39:04 by vecki » Logged

<insert witty comment here>
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2005 November 08, 01:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to what Rentech said on that post, any user who is moderated will receive an email that they are now on moderated status and will have Moderated user as their title.  Neither of these have happened.  Yet my posts which I made 2 days ago still haven't shown up.  Does that not sound like moderation?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: