More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 13:05:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does this make sense?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does this make sense?  (Read 116752 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Does this make sense?
« Reply #100 on: 2005 November 03, 05:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded hacks from TJ without ever being a member, so you don't need to be a member to download anything, only to post in the forums.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2005 November 03, 05:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, I understand your point, but I wanted to make a point to Rentech. The mods are still available. They can be downloaded even as a guest. Also, Dizzy posts his mods at MTS2 and Merola has his own site. I didn't come by my decision lightly. This latest issue with VampCat is what did it. I won't download off that site anymore. Period.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005 November 03, 06:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded hacks from TJ without ever being a member, so you don't need to be a member to download anything, only to post in the forums.
come to think of it so did I and JMP used to link his mods at VS on MTS2 so they could be downloaded

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 November 03, 06:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, I understand your point, but I wanted to make a point to Rentech. The mods are still available. They can be downloaded even as a guest. Also, Dizzy posts his mods at MTS2 and Merola has his own site. I didn't come by my decision lightly. This latest issue with VampCat is what did it. I won't download off that site anymore. Period.

Oh, I didn't know that you can have access to the mods, and as BlueSoup says, she is not a member, and downloads from VS.

Nevertheless, I really think there should be some global decision about running a web-site.

I remember, that when I played TS1, some web-site owner, not knowing the etique rules, copied files he liked from all the Sim sites (mainly "7 deadly sims"), and published them on his site. I was quite glad downloading from his site, but 7 deadly sims sued him (I don't know where), and he was forced to close his site.

I asked the owners of 7DS, why they sued him, and they said that he had to accept first their permission, and as he didn't, they had the right to sue him for copywrite creations and publishing them. After that, any object published on the web was scanned  with a microscope if it's breaking the copywrite rule.

Lol, I had a friend, web-site owner, who was accused of publishing some bed (i.e. copied the bed, recolored it, and putting it on her site). She was terrified, because this bed was her own creation. She was forced to give the file to the accusers, to be scanned, and after that they admitted that it's her own creation.

May be the link-blockage is too a matter of sue? What the Internet rules say?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 November 03, 06:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, I had a friend, web-site owner, who was accused of publishing some bed (i.e. copied the bed, recolored it, and putting it on her site). She was terrified, because this bed was her own creation. She was forced to give the file to the accusers, to be scanned, and after that they admitted that it's her own creation.

May be the link-blockage is too a matter of sue? What the Internet rules say?
in effect  Vamp cat is claiming he can turn out a mod that two Jeffs originally made the buyable rewards collection which I use quite frequently. and claiming that because the rewards were a maxis object  although not in package form like two jeffs did them he can willy nilly turn out the same thing  under the guise of giving the public a "choice" that is why  if I could cancel my membership at VS I would. its just wrong in my opinion Lips sealed

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2005 November 03, 06:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the problem with netettiquite is that it only takes one jerk that doesn't follow the equitte for things to break down.

It's hard to make "rules" when you can't make people stick to them. As much as I'd like to see Rentech forced to end her silly little games it's not going to happen.
Michael_the_choirboy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005 November 03, 07:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the risk of posting what is no doubt an unpopular option, here's something we might try:

Mind our Own Business.

As someone who's been aquainted with both Rentech and Pescado since before the days when #grah was first created on MTS2, before we moved to #eviltone, before the creation of variousimmers - This seems to be the best course of action.  This entire "war" that is being perpetuated in public on both sides by "supporters" of Rentech and Pescado, and no doubt in private by themselves, is simply none of my business.  This thread itself is full of he-said-she-saids - some of which I know to be true, some of which I know to be not true, either because I was *in a chat room where they happened*, or *in a forum where they happened*.  But a great deal more seems to be speculation or based on PMs, and I will *NOT* take sides on this type of thing. 
If you don't like variousimmers any more, simply don't go. You account will be deleted automatically after a period of inactivity.  Messaging Rentech isn't going to accomplish anything in this context.  If things were aimiable around here, she probably would, but with threads like this, how can such a message seem like anything other than a combat move?

If you want to complain about how "immature" variousimmers is - and I'm not denying that it can be the case - you can start by *not talking about it constantly and harrasing its webmistress with PMs*  - but rather taking the high road yourself - just walk away.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2005 November 03, 07:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Melissa would agree, Michael.  Wink

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2005 November 03, 07:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...That notice came about because rentech was upset that Witch posted here about the stupid survey and the PS2 demo CDs she had gotten from Maxis.

Oh. I posted on a thread that was already talking about the survey & the prizes. I merely added the comment that Maxis had had nothing to do with the survey, that it was Rentech's idea solely. I had read that Maxis had been firm that the demo disks were not just to be shared amongst staff, so I said that, yes. Hardly earth shattering stuff, quite commonsensical really. Oh God, I confess, I just wanted to clear Maxis' good name.

I did not however talk about the admin threads where bile spewing was common. I have not and will not report stuff that is personal or private or, quite frankly, revolting.

I have never been involved with a forum before where I did not have the choice to delete my own account. I think this is all quite tragic. In many senses of the word.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2005 November 03, 07:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: But wait, I even got a PM from RentechD:

pescado's links on this site ...it was done at Pescado's request because he sad all the people that used his site were "too brainless" and "kept gving out links that skipped hs 'joke' page"...

Did anyone else notice the pitiful attempt to get posters here pissed off with JM for calling us brainless? Ha! He calls us far worse names on a daily basis.

I'm starting to get irritated with all this BS now.

PS Who the hell's Melissa? Pretty as she is and all.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2005 November 03, 08:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't like variousimmers any more, simply don't go. You account will be deleted automatically after a period of inactivity.  Messaging Rentech isn't going to accomplish anything in this context.  If things were aimiable around here, she probably would, but with threads like this, how can such a message seem like anything other than a combat move?

Heya MTC. This is truly the last thing I will say on this matter. I had no real problem with Rentech or anyone at VS until the ugliness in the CEP thread. None of our business, true, but it was all aired in a public forum rather than privately. Then there was the whole VampCat thing with Jeff's mod. I'm sorry, but I find what he did inexcusable. I've lost respect for several of the key players there, present company excluded, of course, and I simply do not want to remain a member.

I have taken some swipes here I will admit. Most of the he said/she said stuff I find amusing at best, but I would not be on any sort of personal vendetta against anyone over that kind of stuff. To me, this is a matter of integrity and I simply wanted my voice to be heard by Rentech herself. I was wrong to post my PM here. That was a bad judgement call on my part and I apologize for that.

If you say accounts will be deleted if they reamin inactive that is good enough for me. I do trust your word and your integrity. Now, go eat some pie.  Wink
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2005 November 03, 08:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can somebody try to send me a pm on VS?  My sent items have disappeared (no I did not delete them) and I'm curious to see if I can still read them (I remember Inge having trouble viewing PMs after being 'accidentally' banned - sorry, put on read-only - sorry, disabled).
The following users were not found:
vecsta
 I tried and  the above was  the very quick terse response

Sorry I forgot to mention that my username there is vecki - never changed it like I did here.

<insert witty comment here>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2005 November 03, 08:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you just go back to being vecki?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2005 November 03, 08:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if the Flying Fish says so... I must obey or I might get banned here too!! Cheesy Grin

I'm in such illustrious company... we should start our own club, the Banned from VS Club.  Or the Banned from Rentech.com Club

Or does it already exist?  How do I apply to become a member? Cheesy

(actually I've just been too damn lazy)

<insert witty comment here>
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2005 November 03, 10:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uh oh, once the poking tool is armed and ready, it's, like, locked on load and must be used before returning to the normal at ease state. (yes, I like commas... and alliteration ...onomatopoeia too, 'cept in foreign tongues.)

Onomatopoeia...? Don't tell me that word actually exists in English...?
I'll be damned...just made a check and there it is. You english speaking people must be the greatest language plagiarists on earth!  Tongue Grin
Man I feel even prouder for being greek!  Cool

Let the Beast inside you free!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2005 November 03, 11:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in such illustrious company... we should start our own club, the Banned from VS Club.  Or the Banned from Rentech.com Club

Or does it already exist?  How do I apply to become a member? Cheesy
You already are a member. Tongue You get to be a member anytime you get banned from rentech.com, alongside myself and Inge. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2005 November 03, 12:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man I feel even prouder for being greek!

And well you should be, Greece being an absolute oasis for those of us embarking from the ebony shores of word plagerism, an alabaster nay ivory - no, let me be clear, aLily-white goal for the rest of us. Perhaps tho, we can imitate the phoenix and, with the aid of wonderful Greek alchemy rise from the ashes and join the behemoth-like myth that is the Greek cacophony of native noises (dicounting only baboons, of course) as we submit ourselves to the etymological activity.

Wink

Unsouper
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2005 November 03, 12:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, evidently my post was deleted as soon as I posted it.  This morning, I appear to be "not-banned" though, as I get this when I try to search the members list:
MokeyHokey, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
   2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.