More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:21:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Will this cause my game to Explode?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Will this cause my game to Explode?  (Read 4703 times)
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Will this cause my game to Explode?
« on: 2008 July 23, 16:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night I discovered the hard way that I had not put nounlinkondelete back into my hacks folder after the last EP and all my gravestones had gone.  I used Inge's teleporter and FFSdebugger to laborously restore all the headstones and send them back to the cemetary.  (THey all reappeared in their old locations!)

However, one Sim did not appear in the teleporter list and, while he still appears in memories and family trees, I gather that his file is sort of truncated so he doesn't really exist. 

However,  I have a backup of the neighborhood which has a post-death-prefubar version of his file.

Question:  would my game go blooie if I overwrote the current character file for him with the backup?

Baah in advance.
MajorMercedes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Will this cause my game to Explode?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 23, 16:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My best advice would be to back up your game and try it.  If you have a backup, there's no harm in doing so. Smiley

Being racist is so limiting. Why confine your hatred to specific skin colors, countries, or beliefs? The entire world can be yours to hate.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 23, 17:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Save your current old "pre-fubar" backup, just in case you want to go back to the start and try the whole restoring the cemetery thing, in case this does not work.

I would probably just replace your hood from the pre-fubar backup you already have, install the missing hacks, and then restore the gravestones over again.

Tribulatio proxima est
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 24, 17:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems to have worked.  At least no large flaming spheroids so far.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 25, 02:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In most cases issue with some of tombstones disappeared can happen after any global hack installed(i.e =game state reset).
After modifying some of my global mods I have 2 tombstone disappeared from comm.lot and appropriate sims names not listed in teleporter menu,but sims still listed in resurrect menu and can be resurrected without any problem.So,this issue not mean character
files corrupted,but only missing lot record entries for some objects(tombstones in this case).
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 25, 02:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried having the dead Sim's widow resurrect him, but he did not show up in the menu. 

Oh, the reason I didn't just restore the backup is that I would have lost about a week's playing time.  I'd prefer not to do that.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 25, 03:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried having the dead Sim's widow resurrect him, but he did not show up in the menu. 
In which way you tried to resurrect?(using ginie lamp,nomitron,or in some diff.way).
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 25, 14:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In which way you tried to resurrect?(using ginie lamp,nomitron,or in some diff.way).

Nomitron
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 25, 14:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nomitron

I had the same problem with the nomitron the other day - dead sim had a tombstone, and had been "cowplanted" not long before.  I checked the dead sim in SimPE and didn't find anything obviously wrong with her, so I'm not sure why she would not have been on the list of available candidates.  I had to cheat the resurrection using Insim.  I don't even get upset by stuff like this anymore (sad, isn't it?).  I just go straight to a workaround.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 26, 09:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Splicing a truncated or damaged characterfile with a working version is a procedure I've performed in the past, so it should be safe.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: