More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 02:26:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Okay to do Uni-type things without Uni EP?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Okay to do Uni-type things without Uni EP?  (Read 2268 times)
Iridium
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Okay to do Uni-type things without Uni EP?
« on: 2008 July 25, 19:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have NL & OFB. A little while back, I attached the default Downtown to a neighborhood I was planning to trash, then downloaded Smonaff's Resurrection Potion because I really wanted to get a look at the Tricous. I didn't think it would work but it did work.

I've since trashed the neighborhood but I want to know if I was doing Bad Things to my game in general by using something like that without Uni installed. Also, it's an option on my Lot Debugger to Upgrade Pre-Uni sim. I tried it on a sim in that same now-deleted neighborhood and got the extra slots and locks.

I've looked around online. I know some stuff gets carried forward in later expansions even if you don't have the earlier ones but that info still doesn't tell me if that's okay to resurrect dead sims or have faux graduates running around in my game.

Juu nin, tou iro.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Okay to do Uni-type things without Uni EP?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 25, 19:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problems with either in later games. As you said, stuff gets carried forward through later expansions -- it's just not active if it doesn't find the earlier expansion present.  Any post-Uni EP has the resurrection code in it, and FT even includes an alternate resurrection method through the Genie.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Iridium
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Okay to do Uni-type things without Uni EP?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 25, 21:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good. Given what I've read about EAxis screwing up coding and not error-checking things enough, I wasn't sure if it was even safe to use carried-forward functions or not, but I'll go ahead and chance playing with these functions more. I've backed up my neighborhoods anyway.

Juu nin, tou iro.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: