More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:47:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Celebration & Custom Cakes can be placed in OFB Food Display (Update 2008/09/01)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Celebration & Custom Cakes can be placed in OFB Food Display (Update 2008/09/01)  (Read 28617 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Celebration & Custom Cakes can be placed in OFB Food Display (Update 2008/09/01)
« on: 2008 July 23, 15:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since Celebration Stuff Pack came out, OFB players have been complaining that they can't put Celebration cakes in OFB Decra-Chill Food Display Refrigerators. The problem lies not in new cakes, but in the display itself.

The object placement setting of Decra-Chill display is very stupidly coded. Basically, it won't accept anything but cooked dishes and harvestables. The only two exceptions are base game birthday cake and wedding cake. Instead of making exceptions for all cakes (Maxis and custom alike), it makes exceptions only for specific GUIDs of two base game cakes. Which means that even Maxis cakes added by later EP/SP (like those Celebration SP cakes) will be automatically disallowed. (How stupid is that? Do they really expect that players will be content to stock every single bakery shelf with only 2 cakes?) If you use moveobjectson cheat to force them into the display, you wouldn't be able to restock.

This stupidity is now fixed. You can put all 7 Celebration cakes in OFB food displays without resorting to moveobjects on cheat. Sims can restock cakes properly.

You can put custom cakes too, if you choose so. Or any other kinds of objects, really. With this fix installed, you can stock fake food in the fridge and sell them off.

It won't clash with Numenor's "Custom objects placeable on OFB displays and shelves" mod. You still need Numenor's mod to sell custom objects that aren't "OFB-Ready", be it on Decra-Chill or on regular shelves. In "No Prevent Placement" version, I only removed the "discrimination" of Decra-Chill, making it accept the same kind of objects as regular OFB shelves. If a custom object cannot be placed on regular OFB shelves without help of Numenor's mod in the first place, it can't be placed in Decra-Chill either.

In addition, I altered OFB shelf placement values of all 4 birthday cakes and dessert plate. Unlike wedding cakes, you can put only one birthday cake and 2 dessert plates per shelf, which looks a little empty IMO. With this fix installed, you can put 2 birthday cakes and 6 dessert plates per shelf.

This fix will also work on custom food displays cloned from OFB Decra-Chill display.

This fix comes in 2 flavors. Use ONLY ONE at a time.

zLdDarcy_OFBFoodDisplay_MaxisCakesFixOnly.package

This version allows 7 cakes from Celebration SP to be placed and restocked in OFB Decra-Chill Food Display. You can't put custom cakes or fake foods. This is the way original game code works.
If you have AL, MaxisCakesFixOnly version is largely obsolete save for "amount per shelf" fix. Only keep it if you also want to put more birthday cakes and dessert plates per shelf.

zLdDarcy_OFBFoodDisplay_NoPreventPlacement.package

I removed the placement prevention setting of food display altogether. Anything that can be placed on regular OFB shelves can be placed in OFB Decra-Chill Food Display as well, including 7 cakes from Celebration SP, custom cakes, and fake foods cloned from decorative objects. Stored dishes will not spoil as usual.

Update History:

2008-04-24: Changed installation location for people who have patched FreeTime, as this fix no longer works from the Celebration game folder. See below for the detailed instruction.

2008-05-27: Updated to v1.1a. Fixed a bug in EP flags. Now anyone can use the same version, whether they have Celebration SP or not. Celebration birthday cakes will be automatically deactivated for the people who don't have Celebration SP.

If you don't have Celebration SP and previously downloaded zLdDarcy_OFBFoodDisplay_NoPreventPlacement-OFBWithoutCeleb.package, delete it and get one of regular versions. The updated version will continue to work in case you get Celebration SP in the future. (You may have to move the fix to the new location though, depending on your EP/SP combination.)

2008-09-01: AL finally updated Decra-Chill Food Display to accept 7 Celebration cakes.
If you have AL, MaxisCakesFixOnly version is largely obsolete save for "amount per shelf" fix. Only keep this version if you also want to put more birthday cakes and dessert plates per shelf.
NoPreventPlacement version is not affected by AL.

Installation:

If you put this fix in Downloads folder, birthday cakes will bear annoying CC asterisks in thumbnail pics, and delete button will be activated.
To avoid asterisks and delete button, put the fix in the following location.

If your latest EP is patched FreeTime or later: (also for people who don't have Celebration SP)

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 <Your Latest EP>\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
 (or the corresponding folder on your system if your game isn't installed in C:\Program Files)

If your latest EP is Bon Voyage or older, or unpatched FreeTime:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Celebration! Stuff\TSData\Res\StuffPack\Objects

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\SP4\TSData\Res\StuffPack\Objects
(for Double Deluxe)

DO NOT remove z- prefix in the filename. It is for ensuring that this fix is loaded after SP objects, overriding original settings.

Changelog:

v1.0: Initial release.
 v1.1: Added OFB-Without-Celebration version. -> Now discontinued. Use one of regular versions. (2007/12/25)
 v1.1a: Fixed a bug in EP flags. (2008/05/27)
 v1.1b: Updated MaxisCakesFixOnly version to be compatible with AL. (2008/09/01)

Credits:

Jasana_BugBreeder for information about BHAVs of OFB food display
 Everyone who contributed to the development of SimPE

Custom Contents featured in screenshots:
 "Panettone" and "Pandoro" - Italian traditional Christmassy cakes by MaryLou & Numenor
 Two 'celebrate anytime' birthday cakes by Jasana_BugBreeder
 Recolorable 'Celebrate anytime' Birthday Cake - in 3 'colors' by Jasana_BugBreeder
 Antique Bakery Set by mdhttr323

* LdDarcy_OFBFoodDisplay_MaxisCakesFixOnly.zip (2.68 KB - downloaded 1150 times.)
* LdDarcy_OFBFoodDisplay_NoPreventPlacement.zip (2.49 KB - downloaded 1782 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 01, 15:27:17 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Celebration & Custom Cakes can be placed in OFB Food Display (Update 2008/09/01)
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 01, 10:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-09-01: Updated to v1.1b. Updated MaxisCakesFixOnly version to be compatible with AL.

AL finally updated Decra-Chill Food Display to accept 7 Celebration cakes.
If you have AL, MaxisCakesFixOnly version is largely obsolete save for "amount per shelf" fix. Only keep this version if you also want to put more birthday cakes and dessert plates per shelf.

NoPreventPlacement version is not affected by AL.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 01, 14:20:08 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Celebration & Custom Cakes can be placed in OFB Food Display (Update 2008/09/01)
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 01, 14:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baaa.

knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 01, 15:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i thought zLdDarcy_OFBFoodDisplay_NoPreventPlacement had ability to put more birthday cakes and dessert plates per shelf. too?

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 01, 15:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i thought zLdDarcy_OFBFoodDisplay_NoPreventPlacement had ability to put more birthday cakes and dessert plates per shelf. too?
Yes it does. You're supposed to choose only one version. If you chose NoPreventPlacement, you don't have to re-download.
MaxisCakesOnly version is for people who don't want random objects to go into the display fridge, but still want more birthday cakes and dessert plates per shelf.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 01, 15:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it does. You're supposed to choose only one version. If you chose NoPreventPlacement, you don't have to re-download.
MaxisCakesOnly version is for people who don't want random objects to go into the display fridge, but still want more birthday cakes and dessert plates per shelf.
Do you still need to relocate the file to the directory of the latest EP? I figured it was the best thing to do, so I deleted the files I had in the FT directory and placed the new file in the AL directory.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 01, 15:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you still need to relocate the file to the directory of the latest EP? I figured it was the best thing to do, so I deleted the files I had in the FT directory and placed the new file in the AL directory.
It's best to relocate them to the latest EP. If they remain in the previous location, they may be overridden by objects.package of the latest EP.

tiahendra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 January 16, 08:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hai.. its incredible!! i like it.. Grin
but, i still didn't know whats wrong with my decra-chill..
i have FT and Celebration stuff..
and i'm confuse to decide and where i must to put it?  Cry
is it still need numenor mod? Huh
Please help mee..
 Thank you
Sette
Asinine Airhead

AKA Skankmelon AKA jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 January 16, 09:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hai.. its incredible!! i like it.. Grin
but, i still didn't know whats wrong with my decra-chill..
i have FT and Celebration stuff..
and i'm confuse to decide and where i must to put it?  Cry
is it still need numenor mod? Huh
Please help mee..
 Thank you

hai... Necromancy is bad.  Please read the FAQ.

I think L.D. answered your question in the original post.

You still need Numenor's mod to sell custom objects that aren't "OFB-Ready", be it on Decra-Chill or on regular shelves. In "No Prevent Placement" version, I only removed the "discrimination" of Decra-Chill, making it accept the same kind of objects as regular OFB shelves. If a custom object cannot be placed on regular OFB shelves without help of Numenor's mod in the first place, it can't be placed in Decra-Chill either.

If you use CC cakes, likely yes.  If you use only Maxis cakes, no.
As for "and i'm confuse to decide and where i must to put it?"...what is "it"?  Do you mean "Where do I put the download?"  If so, it goes in your download folder  ".../My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads" (again, read the FAQ)
tiahendra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 January 16, 11:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use CC cakes, likely yes.  If you use only Maxis cakes, no.
As for "and i'm confuse to decide and where i must to put it?"...what is "it"?  Do you mean "Where do I put the download?"  If so, it goes in your download folder  ".../My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads" (again, read the FAQ)
[/quote]

hmphh. sorry for that, yes i mean where do i must put zLdDarcy_OFBFoodDisplay_NoPreventPlacement package file?
'coz i already put in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Free Time \TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins, it can not work,
 i'm affraid i coud be wrong.
can you explain to me what must to do?
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 January 16, 11:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your Freetime patched? That could be the wrong place to put it if it is not.

Try  C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Celebration! Stuff\TSData\Res\StuffPack\Objects
or you could put it in the Downloads folder if you don't mind the asterisk showing in the buy menu.

More F than you
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 January 16, 16:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hai... Necromancy is bad.  Please read the FAQ.

FYI, it's not considered necromancy around here to post looking for support with a hack in a thread about that hack, even though the scary guy pops up.  It's only necromancy to revive old discussions that have died.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
tiahendra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 January 17, 13:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yup, i get it  Grin
but some cake from celebration pack can not be put ( in double i mean ) on the shelves, it's still just one cake that i can put, make my shelves become like empty, what happened? I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong..
can you explain and tell me how to solve this problem?

Thankyouuuu... ^^
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 January 17, 14:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must be doing it wrong. Read the instruction carefully, the installation location is different depending on your latest EP and patched state.

Also, I really don't feel inclined to help people who cannot even find their shift key. Roll Eyes Learn to use it.
Read the FAQ and Lurk Moar.

* Lord Darcy steals witch's shift key.

tiahendra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 January 17, 15:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must be doing it wrong. Read the instruction carefully, the installation location is different depending on your latest EP and patched state.

Also, I really don't feel inclined to help people who cannot even find their shift key. Roll Eyes Learn to use it.
Read the FAQ and Lurk Moar.

* Lord Darcy steals witch's shift key.

Thank you lord darcy!!
 Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: