More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:22:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Some Refuse To Die
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Some Refuse To Die  (Read 10199 times)
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Some Refuse To Die
« on: 2008 July 21, 14:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most pesky and ugly townies are easy to kill off, others refuse to die no matter what is done to them.

Pong King is the latest of those that just won't leave the sim world. I've reduced his needs to bright red. I've used the tombstone of L&D and tried each option. I've turned him into a Plant Sim and deprived him of water, sun, and love. I've used the lot debugger to 'smite' him in violent succession while all his needs were reduced. I even made a small swimming pool, got him in and took the ladder away. I have aged him to an elder and tried all methods to kill him. He still lives, and refuses to die.

Is it just that some sims are made not to die? What is the best way to kill these hanger ons quickly and with less torture? I think he once was an annoying kid who wouldn't stop coming around and constantly followed my sim kids off the school bus.

Can he be killed and how? Thank you for any information on how to eliminate unwanted sims.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Some Refuse To Die
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 21, 14:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me after loading FT (don't know if it happened before FT because I hadn't tested it).  Anyhow, I forgot about clean templates, and ended up with a lot of FT townies that I wanted gone (See Matysdoorp killing spree story featuring Snowbawl).  They resolutely refused to die, or rather, they would die and then get back up again.

My solution was to teleport them into a lot and make them part of the household (no longer townies) and then kill them.  I can attest that they have remained dead following this method.  Make sure you have notownieregen installed to ensure that new townies do not regenerate (unless of course you want new townies to regenerate).

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 21, 14:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alexx mentioned that there's a hidden +5 on hunger and some other motive (energy?) recently with FT, which explains our townie-killing woes. I used Inge's teleporter to make them selectable and then aged them/killed them by old age.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 21, 15:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alexx mentioned that there's a hidden +5 on hunger and some other motive (energy?) recently with FT, which explains our townie-killing woes.

Huh -- that may explain why I haven't had any dormie deaths since installing FT, in spite of some going full red on everything.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 21, 15:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, just download a snowbawl and an assault rifle, you'll be back in business in no time.
Snowbawl's Exterminating Service...townies don't stand a chance...GUARANTEED.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 21, 16:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alexx mentioned that there's a hidden +5 on hunger and some other motive (energy?) recently with FT, which explains our townie-killing woes.

Okay, I don't have FT, but I just have to ask (curiosity is a dangerous disease): What the hell is the point of that?

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 21, 16:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they just do it to annoy us.

Serious hypotheses:
1) To avoid having townies die, because that was obviously a real problem.
2) Error in coding/programming or a residual from testing that never got fixed/removed because we all know how great EA's quality control is.

Tribulatio proxima est
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 21, 16:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad to know I am not the only one who wants to get rid of certain townies.

All response are terrific answers and I will try them all. One way or another they must die. Strange thing is that some do die rather easily in FT. 4-5 hits with the 'smite' action reduces them to a gravestone, once their hunger and energy is in the red. Others like Pong King keep hanging on wiith a vengence.

The additional hidden hunger and other motives has me stumped as to why EA would do that. I know that many of the townies are named after EA employees, are they trying to ensure their own named sims existance. There is a list of credits in the game and it is surprising to see how many have a townie named after them.

Oh, heck, why am I asking and looking for reason when it comes to EA Games' methods. I should know by now that when it comes to EA, it doesn't need to make sense.

Good point on that "just to annoy us" thought, Jolrei.

Love that slogan, Snowbawl, made me laugh. I will hold you to that guarantee. lol.

Thank you for the help and recommndations, I will be trying each one. (rubs hands together with evil glee)

ETA: Now I know why Pong King isn't dying. Snowbawl left Reaper exhausted from the killing spree and Reaper left town to get some rest.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 21, 17:51:35 by WandaAnn » Logged
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 21, 16:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The additional hidden hunger and other motives has me stumped as to why EA would do that. I know that many of the townies are named after EA employees, are they trying to ensure their own named sims existance. There is a list of credits in the game and it is surprising to see how many have a townie named after them.

I don't think that theory is going to float given all the times Goopy has died.  Something we are all guilty of, I'm sure.

Inteen for AL, yay!
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 21, 17:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that theory is going to float given all the times Goopy has died.  Something we are all guilty of, I'm sure.

Goopy has died? I thought he just reincarnates.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 21, 18:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THERE IS NO GOOPY!

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 21, 18:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not in my 'hood, he doesn't. Custom name list and rotating default face replacements. There is no Goopy. Although, apparently I forgot to replace nodormieregen and now I have three girls I know I didn't create. Since I age townies in rounds, I would see a YA twice at the least (this is assuming they never came home with a kid from school or turned up at AfterSix, the teen hangout) before. Very frustrating.

WandaAnn, I was pausing and smite-queuing until I had one of my elders who refused to kick it that way. I have a photo in one of my Photobucket accounts of the stubborn one being P&L'ed by twinset cousins:

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 21, 18:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not in my 'hood, he doesn't. Custom name list and rotating default face replacements. There is no Goopy. Although, apparently I forgot to replace nodormieregen and now I have three girls I know I didn't create. Since I age townies in rounds, I would see a YA twice at the least (this is assuming they never came home with a kid from school or turned up at AfterSix, the teen hangout) before. Very frustrating.

WandaAnn, I was pausing and smite-queuing until I had one of my elders who refused to kick it that way. I have a photo in one of my Photobucket accounts of the stubborn one being P&L'ed by twinset cousins:

I do need to get the notownieregen and nodormieregen. Rather invalidates the killings without stopping others from developing. I know which ones come in as replacements as they are wearing cc hairs that had recently been put into my downloads.

I've seen the same scenerio when tryng to smite off a sim. They look fried and pee while another pokes and laughs, yet it refuses to meet the Reaper. Big contrast to my own sims, who would have died at that point.

First time I've seen a group poke and laugh, even the cat came to see! lol
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 21, 19:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, that 'cat' looks like Inge's teleporter cat. Smiley

(Edited to correct a brain fart...)

« Last Edit: 2008 July 21, 19:13:53 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 21, 19:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Methinks that cat was made by Inge.

Edit - damn Ninja'd.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 21, 19:14:53 by maxon » Logged

Inteen for AL, yay!
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 21, 19:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, that 'cat' looks like Inge's teleporter cat. Smiley

(Edited to correct a brain fart...)

On closer look, it is a statue. My bad. Still cute.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 July 21, 19:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Goopy is a lie.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 July 21, 20:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's Inge's teleporter. My holding lot is equipped with the teleporter, Monique's computer, Inge's staythings shrub, a phone, the lot debugger, and Christianlov's hacked clothing rack. It fulfills dual purposes as the place sims hang out at when they've left home/college mid-season and aren't ready to be placed yet, and as the townie aging headquarters. Someone's always on that lot for some reason or another.

The twin-sets were having a grand old time, considering that this was my second aging round and I had 15 townies to off.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
pangolin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 July 21, 21:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot do with out my teleport all stupid nonplayable sims must die. I've killed hafe of garden club memebers and professors ect are gone. Also got my little grave yard for them cause sometimes they do pop back if you sell or delete the grave.
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 July 21, 22:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's Inge's teleporter. My holding lot is equipped with the teleporter, Monique's computer, Inge's staythings shrub, a phone, the lot debugger, and Christianlov's hacked clothing rack. It fulfills dual purposes as the place sims hang out at when they've left home/college mid-season and aren't ready to be placed yet, and as the townie aging headquarters. Someone's always on that lot for some reason or another.

The twin-sets were having a grand old time, considering that this was my second aging round and I had 15 townies to off.

I was wondering if those 2 tombstones represented some sort of cemetary, or recently dead. I just finished downloading the Inge's teleporter.

Thank you for your help Smiley

I cannot do with out my teleport all stupid nonplayable sims must die. I've killed hafe of garden club memebers and professors ect are gone. Also got my little grave yard for them cause sometimes they do pop back if you sell or delete the grave.

Does killing off professors, and garden club members mess up the game? Are they the type of NPC that shouldn't be messed with, or am I under a misunderstanding. Or are these more townie types rather than NPCs?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 July 22, 02:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's not much point in killing off the professors.  They'll just regenerate the next time you play a college lot.  For some reason the game requires 2 professors (1 male and 1 female) for every major, including the undeclared major.

If you have no custom majors, you will have 24 professors.  If you have custom majors, you will have 2 professors added for each custom major.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 July 22, 06:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does killing off professors, and garden club members mess up the game? Are they the type of NPC that shouldn't be messed with, or am I under a misunderstanding. Or are these more townie types rather than NPCs?

They do not belong to that special group which shouldn't be killed but that group is pretty small actually and includes people like the Grim Reaper, Mrs C, Father Time.  The reason for this is the sim files aren't present in your neighbourhood folder but are elsewhere in the game files and there is only one copy.  If you do something to those characters, you will change them for all neighbourhoods and thereby bork the game.  All other NPC sims will regenerate if you let them.  As Kyna said, killing the professors is pointless anyway.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: