More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 04:49:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Just a question for Clean/Fixed templates...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Just a question for Clean/Fixed templates...  (Read 6407 times)
OrionPopstar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Just a question for Clean/Fixed templates...
« on: 2008 July 24, 16:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey all im sorry if this is already covered, but i was wondering if there was a master list somewhere of all the NPCs, townie numbers, downtownie numbers, ect. for the expansions...  I would make one myself, but windows service pack 2 explodes my computer everytime i use it so right now i cant use the newest simPe...

Also on another note has anyone invented the BV or FT Maxis only files?  I just installed those and want to play around with the maxis characters, but dont want or need the extra useless crap it supposedly adds in....

thanks in advance for any help!
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Re: Just a question for Clean/Fixed templates...
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 24, 19:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I just had to do this, which meant reading that entire 22 page thread, I've got them altogether and am sympathetic to your plight. I'll upload them to my site unless the original creators object. Give me a minute to get them rared and uploaded.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 24, 19:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I was speaking about the empty templates. Not the list. Maybe I need more coffee?

so nevermind, these are not the files you are looking for Smiley

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 24, 19:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By Maxis only... you mean... what? You need to know how many NPCs to expect? Or you want FT and BV templates that only contain the Maxis households (no NPCs, tourists, hobby leads, just the people that live in the houses).

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Twiki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 24, 19:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i was wondering if there was a master list somewhere of all the NPCs, townie numbers, downtownie numbers, ect. for the expansions... 

For the NPCs, are you looking for the type codes that you see on the "other" tab in SimPE - like 0x0009 for the cop and so on? I went looking for a list of those a few months back and only found up thru Pets so I tried to make an updated one. It's long though (and probably incomplete), so I wanted to see if that was even what you were looking for before posting it. No idea on the downtownie and townie numbers though, never looked into those.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 24, 20:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By Maxis only... you mean... what? You need to know how many NPCs to expect? Or you want FT and BV templates that only contain the Maxis households (no NPCs, tourists, hobby leads, just the people that live in the houses).
Yeah, I think it's supposed to mean the templates that contain only the playable households (and the townies they know).

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
OrionPopstar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 24, 20:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For FT and BV i only want the Maxis playables and the the townies they know...

as for the "others"   i was wondering about how many townies, downtownies, tourists, ect. to make

NPCs i would like to know the specifics on the names of posistions that i should make  I.E. the hobbyist leaders, the food judge, ect and if there is more than one needed to create a customized neighborhood....

thanks for quick replies tho  Smiley
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 24, 20:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as townies, downtownies, tourists, etc. I think the number is completely up to you.  I have played 'hoods with no townies, 35 townies, 15 townies, etc.  If you don't create specific downtownies and have notownieregen installed, the game will use regular townies for walk-bys in the downtown.  My MATY hood, for example, has no downtownies.

You can start by making a batch of 8 townies or so, and see how that goes, and you can always generate/create more as you go along if you feel you need them.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 24, 20:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food judges will be created automagically when needed, and only ONE, so you don't need to create them. Any hobby leads you leave out will also be created for you if you forget. The game will not break if you don't make certain NPCs. My game has no downtownies either. No Mr. Big/Diva and no Count Vamp whatevers.

OrionPopstar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 24, 20:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh so the npc are not important.... is there a way in-game to change them then to names that i want them to have and clothes that i deem appropriate?

thanks for the info on the townies and downtownies
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 24, 20:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim Blender from Simbology can change the name. If you make the townie/npc selectable you can use the clothing tool to change their clothes.

OrionPopstar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 24, 21:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... okay i think i understand now...

So as a basic list if i use antiredundancy and the other anti hacks then the list could be

30 townies, 10 downtownies, 5 tourist families, 20 dormies, 6 strays

NPCs could be maid, gardener, repairman, animal trainer, 10 hobby enthusiasts, m/f grand vamps, and mr big/diva

and any others i forgot will just spawn when needed?

thanks for helping to clear up all the confusion for me.  that 22 page post on template is a bit fluffy....  lol Shocked
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 24, 21:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's more or less it.  I never bother to spawn NPCs at all, since the game automagically spawns them as needed and I never use them (unless the game spawns something really good) for marry-ins.  I generally don't care if the teen cashier at the grocer is fugly.  In fact, it's sometimes more funny that way.

Tribulatio proxima est
OrionPopstar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 24, 22:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mk thanks everyone for clearing that up for me!! Grin
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 24, 22:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can create your own Hobby Club leaders at CAS, use the Shrub to make them townies and then convert to Iconic Hobbyist by using the Townie gun (Make Into Iconic Hobbyist > Hobby (Nature, Sports, etc) > Sim).

If you make the townie/npc selectable you can use the clothing tool to change their clothes.

Which clothing tool? When I make Townie/NPCs selectable and command them to plan their outfit at the wardrobe they don't show up any clothes to use.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 24, 22:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which clothing tool? When I make Townie/NPCs selectable and command them to plan their outfit at the wardrobe they don't show up any clothes to use.

I believe they mean the clothing tool available in the Awesomeware director's cut.

Tribulatio proxima est
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 July 25, 11:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do a listing of all NPCs, townies etc. with each expansion.  You can have a copy of the file if you like.  PM me.  However, if you're creating your own neighbourhoods with the clean templates in, as others have said, you don't need to bother pre-creating anyone (unless you want to) as the game will do it for you.  Even with the anti-redundancy/no regen hacks in - those hacks allow ONE NPC of each type to be generated as needed (so when you call for a maid, it makes one and one only - next family that calls the maid, gets the same person).  This is my preferred method as I like to clone over the NPC files with copies of neighbourhood residents (with SimPE) - Mama Hick is the maid for example.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: