More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 22:02:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  House has disappeared, but plot of land still there!???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: House has disappeared, but plot of land still there!???  (Read 5738 times)
IridescentKerry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
House has disappeared, but plot of land still there!???
« on: 2005 November 15, 21:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing the Harvard family last night, just loaded the sims and when I enter Pleasantview I get the neighbourhood story book pop-up, as if it were my first time of playing it.
I go to where the Harvard's live and their house (the actual builing, pool and landscaping) has DISAPEARED!!! There's a green plumbob over the land where they are (the family is still there) and I can enter the lot, but the house has vanished!
All my settings have changed (texture detail, reflection, etc). It was/is a corner property and the side of the road the mailbox/bin (and therefore taxi/car stop) used to be on has changed to the other side.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the hell has gone on?

P.s. Does anyone else think it's one problem after another with this game?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: House has disappeared, but plot of land still there!???
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 15, 21:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what has happened, or how to help you, but I find the 'corner' lots pretty screwy...I tend to never use them.
If your family is still there, I would move them out into a new lot Wink Then see if you can bulldoze the lot.

p.s yes I do Grin

IridescentKerry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 15, 21:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I've just entered another lot and I can't access any of my downloads (I have lots of downloads). I click enable to the pop up just before entering Pleasantview, and when I enter Pleasantview and click on settings is says that Custom content is on, yet most the stuff in the houses (obviously not the one that's missing) is flashing blue, and all my custom content is missing from the buy/build catalogue.
Anyone have any suggestions, because this is something I have never encountered before and I have no idea how to fix it.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 15, 21:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you have to shut down the game and restart it in order for the custom content setting to stick.
IridescentKerry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 16, 16:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did restart it, and it made no difference, it still won't allow custom content. Any ideas??

Does anyone have any info on how and why the house disappeared, but the family remained on the plot of land?
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 16, 17:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to me once. The house disappeared, but the plot of land and the family living in it still remained. A pity, because I was quite fond of their house, too. It wasn't a corner lot, though.

I have no idea what caused it, but it hasn't happened again. Yet.
IridescentKerry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 17, 19:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went to a different lot (where the father of the Harvard family lives), his daughter (who lives at the vanishing house with her mom and brother) has disappeared from his family tree and all of his memories of her are as $subject!!!?Huh And no picture of her next to the memory. Any one have any ideas?
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 17, 22:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My idea is that your game has become a Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space (BFBVFS). In other words, it has become horribly corrupted for no apparent reason. Did you do anything stupid, like open SimPE & edit sims while Sims 2 was running in another window?

Did you already try deleting groups.cache? That sometimes fixes thumbnail oddities, which could be the cause of your initial problem. I'm not actually convinced it'll help, though.

Do you have backups from before this happened?

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
IridescentKerry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 18, 23:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I make regular back-ups of my neighbourhood folder, but since I started playing the sims (i.e. Sept 2004) I have had to replace the 'current' with the back-up at least 10 times! And in the early days I only used to make a back-up about once a month, so there was a lot of repetition, so as to get the back-up to the same stage as I was at when it went crazy.
I've never done anything with SimPe, I'm too chicken!
The last time I had a similar problem (with a teen disappearing and only being remembered as $Subject) I deleted groups.cauche and it made no difference, so I just put it back again.
I know that there's much talk on this forum about the dangers of having too many character files, I have 1338 in Pleasantview. Could this be a factor?
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 19, 23:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. Probably... Do you have JMP & TJ's various Too Many Iterations Critical Fixes? They're supposed to hold off BFBVFS syndrome for a while, but not indefinitely if the number of characters keeps going up...

Do you have NL & the NL patch?

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
IridescentKerry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 20, 19:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have NL and I downloaded the patch for those who have NL. I don't have  JMP & TJ's various Too Many Iterations Critical Fixes, I tend to only download 'fun' stuff! I'll go have a look over in the download section.

P.s., thanks for helping me.
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 20, 22:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did restart it, and it made no difference, it still won't allow custom content. Any ideas??

You said your settings were changed; did you check to make sure that the "Catalogs display custom content" is selected as well as enabling them?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: