More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:08:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  8 Giorgio de Chirico paintings + 3 Marcel Duchamp paintings (Updated 2008/01/08)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 8 Giorgio de Chirico paintings + 3 Marcel Duchamp paintings (Updated 2008/01/08)  (Read 17013 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
8 Giorgio de Chirico paintings + 3 Marcel Duchamp paintings (Updated 2008/01/08)
« on: 2008 July 19, 21:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Giorgio de Chirico (July 10, 1888 -- November 20, 1978) was an influential pre-Surrealist Greek-Italian painter. He is best known for the paintings he produced between 1909 and 1919, his metaphysical period, which are memorable for the haunted, brooding moods evoked by their images. (from Wikipedia)

De Chirico is one of my favourite painters. His works are hauntingly beautiful, blurring the line between reality and fantasy. But I've never seen Sim version of his work anywhere.
So I made 8 de Chirico paintings for my MoSMA (The Museum of Sim Modern Art) community lot. Cheesy Plus I made 3 Marcel Duchamp paintings as a bonus. (I wish some talented mesher would make his "Fountain" sculpture. It'll be equally useful in museums and in men's restrooms...)

They are all Maxis recolors. NL and GLS required.

I did my best to keep ratios of paintings as close to the original as possible. Stretched/squashed-looking recolors are especially annoying in well-known paintings, as we are already familiar with the original ratio. Sometimes entirely wrong mesh was chosen in the first place. Other times the creator didn't bother to flip the texture, resulting in mirror-image. More often than not, the creator didn't realize that the texture must be deliberately squashed in order to look right in game.

Love Song (left) / Mystery and Melancholy of a Street (right) - Recolors of NL "Grilled Cheese" poster.

Mystery and Melancholy of a Street is my favourite de Chirico painting.

Le Re^ve transforme' - Recolor of NL "Cantankerous Splatters" painting.

The Soothsayer's Recompense (left) / Piazza (Souvenir d'Italie) (right) - Recolors of GLS "Abstrusionism" painting.

Nostalgia of the Infinite (left) / The Awakening of Ariadne (center) / The Great Tower (right) - Recolors of GLS "The Muse" painting.

Bonus: 3 paintings by Marcel Duchamp

Bride (left) / Nude Descending a Staircase (No.2) (right) - Recolors of base game "The Lady On Red" painting.

Chocolate Grinder No.2 (center) - Recolor of NL "Grilled Cheese" poster.

Download from MediaFire

2008-01-08: Somehow older package files with slightly pixelated textures got mixed up in the initial upload. I reuploaded fixed files. Just overwrite old files. File names were not changed. No need to reapply recolors in the game. Sorry for the confusion.

Credits:

Everyone who contributed to SimPE
Numenor for CEP
Olga's Gallery - tons of HQ scans for famous art
justmoi for the idea about naming convention of recolor files

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: 8 Giorgio de Chirico paintings + 3 Marcel Duchamp paintings (Updated 2008/01
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 20, 00:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*nabs*
I love surrealism. My apartment features five Dali prints (the only artwork I have that's not my own). I'm really intrigued by Frederick Phillips right now. His work is featured in a gallery I pass often.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: 8 Giorgio de Chirico paintings + 3 Marcel Duchamp paintings (Updated 2008/01/08)
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 20, 08:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like these very much Grin

Odessa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: 8 Giorgio de Chirico paintings + 3 Marcel Duchamp paintings (Updated 2008/01
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 20, 19:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my. These are gorgeous. Thank you so much.

"Cant sleep... Clowns will eat me."
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 26, 01:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As somewhat of an art snob, I can't thank you enough for these recolours. They are very well executed, and a very welcome addition to my game.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Cheesy

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: