More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:01:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I musta dun brokded it - phone interactions borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I musta dun brokded it - phone interactions borked  (Read 4296 times)
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
I musta dun brokded it - phone interactions borked
« on: 2008 July 19, 06:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

since installing the ikea stuff pack, I've noticed a curious bug with my phones - I can't call out at all to other sims, only NPCs (if a sim tries to call another sim they pick up the phone, pick the name of the sim to call, then "jump" back to the standing still infront of the phone as though they had never tried to make a call) with the exception being the headmaster; if I try and call the headmaster, I get a popup of "prank call sim" with all available sims that I know on the list to possibly prank.

hack conflictor says I'm all peachy, I've not DLed anything new since installing ikea stuff and I've updated my directors' cut hacks to the newest possible (as they're all I use).

halp?

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: I musta dun brokded it - phone interactions borked
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 19, 19:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

since installing the ikea stuff pack, I've noticed a curious bug with my phones - I can't call out at all to other sims, only NPCs (if a sim tries to call another sim they pick up the phone, pick the name of the sim to call, then "jump" back to the standing still infront of the phone as though they had never tried to make a call) with the exception being the headmaster; if I try and call the headmaster, I get a popup of "prank call sim" with all available sims that I know on the list to possibly prank.

hack conflictor says I'm all peachy, I've not DLed anything new since installing ikea stuff and I've updated my directors' cut hacks to the newest possible (as they're all I use).

halp?

This is a known issue with IKEA.  Use search (Keyword: IKEA) to find other threads where this is discussed.  There may be a workaround or fix posted.  (I do not have IKEA for precisely this reason).

Tribulatio proxima est
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 20, 21:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem kiki, except I haven't tried phoning the headmaster.

I made a search, and besides re downloading the dc I will delete the cache file, and replace the phones. I am confused because the problem was fixed in a previous version. Unfortunately I can't remember if it was before or after I patched my game.

I'll advice you to try the same. I'll let you know how it goes.

/Crash

EDIT: it didn't work. I have problems with the jump again. I remember distinctly that it was fixed - the time before last I played it worked perfectly. And suddenly it doesn't. I have no idea why.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 21, 04:57:08 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 21, 04:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update your phone hack.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 21, 15:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I will download the Director's cut again. Lets hope it works this time  Tongue
Thanks.

/Crash

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 22, 01:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I re-downloaded the director's cut, deleted cache, and loaded my game. Jump bug still occurs. I only have the awesomeware. I don't get it.

Care to take a look at another object error?

EDIT: sorry for double post.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 22, 03:55:44 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 22, 03:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have pulled a Ness, then. This error was fixed ages ago, so if you're still seeing it with a new DC, you're running an oldversion of a hack hiding somewhere. The Phone Hack frequently smuggles itself in with lots.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 22, 16:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can attest to this, updating hacks after installing IKEA SP resulted in no moar phone bug.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 22, 19:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have pulled a Ness, then. This error was fixed ages ago, so if you're still seeing it with a new DC, you're running an oldversion of a hack hiding somewhere. The Phone Hack frequently smuggles itself in with lots.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check my download folder with clean installer to see if there's an old doublet somewhere. Yes, that's probably it. If not, I'm definitely seeing things.  Roll Eyes

The weird thing is I remember it being fixed. I got the bug after installing IKEA, then I downloaded your update, and no more bug. Then suddenly it has appeared again. I'll clean out my hack folder and re-download again. But you're probably right that it's a doublet. Gah, that should teach me to use clean installer every time I download a lot. It never occurred to me that could be it, because I almost never download lots. Doh! Tongue

I need an OMGUS stamp on my forehead.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 July 22, 19:10:31 by Crash » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: