More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 12:55:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Higher Comfort and Energy for Maxis Beds (Updated 2008/09/05) Added AL beds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Higher Comfort and Energy for Maxis Beds (Updated 2008/09/05) Added AL beds  (Read 32498 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Higher Comfort and Energy for Maxis Beds (Updated 2008/09/05) Added AL beds
« on: 2008 July 19, 04:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tired of using same old expensive beds over and over for higher comfort and energy rating?
This mod will raise comfort and energy ratings of all Maxis beds up to Apartment Life to match the most expensive one.
("Majestically Medieval Double Bed" for double beds, "Bed by St. Ajoque Reproductions" for single beds)

This mod comes in 2 flavors. Use ONLY ONE flavor at a time for each bed.

• Standard version: Price is the same as original.
  • Price-Adjusted version: Price was raised to match the most expensive one.

If you have only Base Game or Base Game + Happy Holiday Stuff, get the corresponding file tagged with -BaseGame. Otherwise the game will crash!

It only contains BCONs and OBJDs for each bed (note the tiny file size), stripped of all other redundant extra stuff. It wouldn't interfere with existing recolors.

It will conflict with any other similar mods that raise comfort and energy ratings of Maxis beds, like Gwill's mod or Ailias's mod.
My version has a slightly higher comfort/energy rating than Gwill's.

This mod does NOT affect custom beds. If you want to raise motives of custom objects, you must edit BCON values of your custom objects with SimPE on your own. Changing motives in OBJD(Object Data) is purely cosmetic and will not affect actual ratings.
Extract BCONs from my mod, and replace the corresponding BCONs in your custom objects. Edit the Object Data for cosmetic purpose, i.e. the rating that appears in the buy mode catalog.

Installation: (Read carefully!)

All beds except for Teen (SP6) & IKEA (SP8) beds

If you put them in your Downloads folder, Maxis beds will bear annoying custom star, and the delete button will be enabled in the catalog.
Instead of Downloads folder, make a subfolder in the following location and put the files there.

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 <Your Latest EP>\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
 (or the corresponding folder on your system if your game is not installed in C:\Program Files)

If your latest EP is Apartment Life, the location will be like this:
 C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

Teen (SP6) & IKEA (SP8) beds

DO NOT remove z- prefix in the file name. It's there to ensure that the mod is loaded after SP objects, overriding original settings.

1) If your latest EP is Bon Voyage (or earlier)

Teen Style Stuff bed mods should go here: (SP6 in the file name)
   C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff\TSData\Res\StuffPack\Objects

IKEA Home Stuff bed mods should go here: (SP8 in the file name)
   C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 IKEA Home Stuff\TSData\Res\StuffPack\Objects

2) If your latest EP is FreeTime

Same as BV, except for Teen Goth bed.
   EAxis updated Teen Goth bed in FT, including it in FT Overrides.package.
   You have to put Teen Goth bed mod TWICE in your game, in Downloads folder AND FT Overrides folder.

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Overrides
   My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads (or in a subfolder of Downloads folder)

If you've patched FreeTime, you can put Teen (except for Goth) & IKEA bed mods in the same location as the rest of EP bed mods, i.e. Bins folder.

3) If your latest EP is Apartment Life or Mansion & Garden Stuff

EAxis updated all 3 Teen beds and 5 IKEA beds in AL, including them in AL Overrides.package.
   You have to put all Teen & IKEA bed mods TWICE in your game, in Downloads folder AND AL Overrides folder.
   If you have M&G, put it in M&G Overrides folder instead of AL.

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSData\Res\Overrides
   My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads (or in a subfolder of Downloads folder)

Update History:

2008-02-29: Updated to v1.1. Removed redundant BCONs. Added FreeTime Comfy single bed. Updated Teen Style Stuff Goth double bed to FreeTime.

FreeTime updated TSS Goth Bed, thus breaking my old fix. Remove the previous version from TSS folder, and reinstall FT version to the new location.
If your latest EP is FreeTime or later, get the file with -FT suffix. If your latest EP is only up to Bon Voyage, get the file with -BV suffix.

Files with either -FT or -BV suffix now contain ONLY Teen Goth Bed file, as it's currently the only bed that requires different versions for FT and Pre-FT. (e.g. LdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed_DBL_SP6_Goth-FT.zip)
Any other beds are included in the main files, (LdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed.zip or LdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed-PriceAdjusted.zip, depending on your choice) and they are for all EPs.

2008-06-29: Updated to v1.11. Added all 5 IKEA Home Stuff beds.

2008-07-30: Updated to v1.12. Added Base Game compatible version for people who have only Base Game, or Base Game + Happy Holiday Stuff.

2008-09-05: Updated to v1.13. Added 3 AL beds. Updated TSS & IKEA beds to be compatible with AL.
Rewrote the installation guide to reflect the post-AL change, especially for Teen Style Stuff and IKEA Home Stuff beds. Please read it carefully.

File names were changed for SP bed mods. To avoid confusion, you'd better to remove all files starting with LdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed_... or zLdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed_... from your game completely (Bins, Downloads, StuffPack\Objects and Overrides folder) and start over.

Check out my other motive mod:

Higher Hygiene and Comfort for Maxis Showers and Tubs

Credits:

Gwill for inspiring me to make my own version
CTNutmegger for tutorial on changing BCONs
Everyone who contributed to the development of SimPE

* LdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed.zip (19.31 KB - downloaded 1941 times.)
* LdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed-PriceAdjusted.zip (20.36 KB - downloaded 827 times.)
* LdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed-BaseGame.zip (6.34 KB - downloaded 701 times.)
* LdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed-PriceAdjusted-BaseGame.zip (6.61 KB - downloaded 623 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 February 24, 15:10:01 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Higher Comfort and Energy for Maxis Beds (Updated 2008/06/29) IKEA beds added
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 19, 04:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

reserved
« Last Edit: 2008 September 05, 14:49:11 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Higher Comfort and Energy for Maxis Beds (Updated 2008/07/30) Base Game version
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 30, 13:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-07-30: Updated to v1.12. Added Base Game compatible version for people who have only Base Game, or Base Game + Happy Holiday Stuff.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 05, 14:57:03 by Lord Darcy » Logged

AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
Re: Higher Comfort and Energy for Maxis Beds (Updated 2008/07/30) Base Game version
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 29, 12:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally installed IKEA SP and was severely disappointed. It looks like they just threw it together to get $$. So glad I didn't pay for it. But my daughter, whose bedroom has recently been completely done over from IKEA, was delighted by the idea, so I went ahead. I cannot believe EAxis released this SP and CHARGED MONEY for it. I can't believe how badly it was put together. And I can't believe they just threw the new beds in at about the lowest possible ratings.

New beds!

...new beds with 3/2/0? WTF???

So I remembered that you had a hack to fix the comfort for the beds and went looking for it to see if I could hack the IKEA beds. To my delight, you'd already done it! And the instructions to install it were crystal clear. I made my kid late for school this morning because I had to go look at my "new" beds without custom stars by them and with 6/5/2 ratings.

Happycat is so very happy. Thanks for all the work you did on this.  BAAAAA! BAAAAA!
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 29, 13:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be aware that AL broke ALL 5 IKEA bed fixes. New version will be coming.

reserved for updates

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 29, 13:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

reserved

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Higher Comfort and Energy for Maxis Beds (Updated 2008/09/05) Added AL beds
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 05, 14:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-09-05: Updated to v1.13. Added 3 AL beds. Updated TSS & IKEA beds to be compatible with AL.
Rewrote the installation guide to reflect the post-AL change, especially for Teen Style Stuff and IKEA Home Stuff beds. Please read it carefully.

File names were changed for SP bed mods. To avoid confusion, you'd better to remove all files starting with LdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed_... or zLdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed_... from your game completely (Bins, Downloads, StuffPack\Objects and Overrides folder) and start over.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 05, 21:20:27 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Heilena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 13, 17:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for this mod. Before this, there was just no using the lower cost beds because my simmies never got their rest. I kept thinking back to when I slept on cheaper beds and  couldn't recall that I needed to be in it longer, just need to buy a new one sooner.     Grin

Edited by mod to remove font color. Read the FAQ and Lurk MOAR.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 18, 13:55:59 by Lord Darcy » Logged
sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 14, 08:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thx for this also

a question: why has some stuff to be placed twice ? wouldn't the download folder be enough in that case ? i (hopefully) did as described in manaual and (again hopefully) removed all the stuff from the earlier versions - now i have the custom star on almost all the beds..... Smiley
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 14, 09:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

why has some stuff to be placed twice ? wouldn't the download folder be enough in that case ?
Because EAxis included SP beds in Overrides folder for no sensible reason. Usually stuff in Downloads folder takes precedence over everything, but this is not the case with Overrides folder. Everything included in Overrides.package (except OBJD) will take absolute precedence, even over the stuff found in Downloads folder. If you put the file only once in Downloads folder, the adjusted BCON value will be trumped by the one included in Overrides.package.

now i have the custom star on almost all the beds..... Smiley
Then somehow you're doing it wrong. If anything, you should not have a problem with any other beds except for 3 Teen beds and 5 IKEA beds, as they're supposed to be in Bins folder only once. Which EPs/SPs do you have?

sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 14, 13:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thx for fast reply,

so it is clear why I have to put them twice.
and found my mistake....

somehow i exchanged something while installing even i tried to do it carefully....
the beds were all in wrong location - instead of bin they were in downloads....  Embarrassed

thx again & have a nice day
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 18, 13:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much for this mod and suggesting to change my CC beds using your BCONs. I had never thought of that and have been going crazy updating my favorite custom beds that I didn't use cause of the comfort and energy levels. Using them now. I really appreciate your work.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 February 14, 15:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, post M&G, does this fix go in the AL folder or the M&G folder?

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 February 14, 16:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, post M&G, does this fix go in the AL folder or the M&G folder?
M&G. It's more like a mini EP than a SP.

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2009 February 14, 16:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Orsum! Baa.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: