More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:06:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  3 Base Game Bars Fix - NL/OFB functions enabled (Updated 2008/09/09)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 3 Base Game Bars Fix - NL/OFB functions enabled (Updated 2008/09/09)  (Read 34769 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
3 Base Game Bars Fix - NL/OFB functions enabled (Updated 2008/09/09)
« on: 2008 May 08, 15:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever wondered why some bars don't spawn bartenders in community lots, or you can't assign a bartender to those bars when you're running a bar/restaurant business? Nothing shows up but useless "Juggle Tumblers" in pie menu?

The 3 bars from the base game lack NL/OFB feature, because lazy EAxis didn't bother to update them. They've been neglected ever since Uni came out. This bug remains unfixed all the way through 7 subsequent EPs. All custom bars cloned from these 3 base game bars lack NL/OFB feature as well, even if they were cloned from the latest EP.

This fix updates 3 base game bars to OFB. All NL/OFB functions are now enabled.

• In community lots, bartenders are now spawned normally, so Sims can order drinks.
  • In business lots, you can assign employees to tend the bar.
  • Sims can use those 3 bars as eating surfaces.

List of objects fixed by this mod:

• Bachman Busbar (Bar - Value)
  • Retro Lounge "High Liquidity" Juice Bar (Bar - Art Nouveau)
  • Black Lacquer Bar Counter (Bar - Expensive)

Required EP: OFB, or all later EPs up to AL. Also works if you have at least one SP. (Except for Happy Holiday Stuff) I think no new interaction was added to bars since OFB.

Known issue: If you want to remove this fix from your game for some reason, make sure to clear up all dishes from the base game bars before you remove the fix. Otherwise you will experience errors the next time you load the lot where you left dishes on these bars, as eating slots are now non-existent.

If you want to clone base game bars with my fix integrated, select this fix in the Extra - Preferences - FileTable - Advanced Settings in the same way you manually select CEP files.

Installation:

Place in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
 (Or in a subfolder of Downloads folder.)

Changelog:

v1.0: Initial release.
 v1.01: Fixed the wrongly assigned slot id and missing tabletop sound. (2008/09/09)

* LdDarcy_BaseGame3BarsFix_UpdatedToOFB_v1.01.zip (16.05 KB - downloaded 2402 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 11, 15:16:31 by Lord Darcy » Logged

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
Re: 3 Base Game Bars Fix - NL/OFB functions enabled
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 08, 20:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool Don't mind me...just saving this page for when I get back to my DL folder.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 08, 20:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh.  I had the same thought.

Nicely done again, Lord D.

Tribulatio proxima est
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 08, 22:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Lord Darcy - I didn't even notice - shows how much I pay attention.  I suppose eventually I might have noticed the bars needed updating.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 09, 06:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeez-I didn't notice either Cheesy

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 10, 11:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a miracle! I was having problems with the cheap bar on community lots, and was just about to go looking for a fix, but now you've saved me the trouble.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 18, 14:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed this,
thank you for this fix. I have in my game the loft bar from LS from Numenor. This have the same Problem. I like this bar, is match better the counters. Can you please make this fix for this bar too ??
Or write how to do this. I have Simpe.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 19, 12:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have in my game the loft bar from LS from Numenor. This have the same Problem. I like this bar, is match better the counters. Can you please make this fix for this bar too ??

I'm afraid I can't. I have an updater package for custom bars here. Unfortunately, this package cannot be applied to LS bar, as LS bar contains reference to neon light file like NL neon bar. Except for basic stuff like editing filename and shape reference, editing CRES is still a mystery to me.

Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 19, 13:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is not a big problem. I think I can follow your thread for updating custom contens. Thank you very much for this and other fixes too.
You are right, the bar has a reference for light, why ?
« Last Edit: 2008 May 19, 14:19:23 by Heli » Logged
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 21, 12:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are right, the bar has a reference for light, why ?

Because there IS a neon light in original Life Stories reward bar, though it does not show up in Numenorian version.
See the screenshot below:

The blue neon light shows up in hw7905's version, which can be found here. (You have to join yahoo group)

Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 21, 13:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I understand, but I wont the Numenorian Version. This match so pretty the Island from the game Cry. I afraid, I have not enught skills to do it. Thank you for Answer.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 30, 14:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the fix. Maxis coded bars in a wierd way. The bartender (a resident serving as a bartender or an assigned employee) will earn $16 twice every hour. I can accept $32, but it is added to the lot fund, not the bardender's fund. I say eliminate both (resident or employee). The resident bartender should make money off sold drinks, and the employee already gets paid by wages. 

I haven't used a bar for a long time. But I kind of remember that the price of a drink is not deducted from the customer correctly. Is this still the case?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 30, 17:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, I never paid much attention to calculation of bar drink cost. In my restaurant businesses, I use bars solely for interior design,  manning them only with family members.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 30, 23:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll set up a clean bar sometime to test everything out, and let you know, if you are interested in fixing it.

nahte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 08, 16:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the fix. Maxis coded bars in a wierd way. The bartender (a resident serving as a bartender or an assigned employee) will earn $16 twice every hour. I can accept $32, but it is added to the lot fund, not the bardender's fund. I say eliminate both (resident or employee). The resident bartender should make money off sold drinks, and the employee already gets paid by wages. 

I haven't used a bar for a long time. But I kind of remember that the price of a drink is not deducted from the customer correctly. Is this still the case?

Lion, I have the same problem in my game after installing FFS and GL. Bars worked properly with Uni, NL and OFB installed and patched. Some fix?
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 September 08, 23:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using the cheapest bar when I noticed something odd. A Sim decided to eat at the bar. He placed his plate on the Left side of the bar, then sat down in the chair on the Right. Every time he took a bite of his sandwich, it would disappear off of his plate and appear in his hand, then it would reappear again on the plate on the Left side. (normal eating behavior other than the plate is not in front of him). Before he finished eating, another Sim decided to eat at the bar. He places his plate on the Left side also, on top of the other Sim's plate. Both are able to eat although the first Sim is still eating out of the left side plate. When it came time to clean up, each plate was picked up individually from the Left side of the bar.

I play with testingcheats enabled and no errors are thrown and there appears to be no problems with them eating or cleaning up. It just looks really weird when they eat and I thought you should be aware of it.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: 3 Base Game Bars Fix - NL/OFB functions enabled (Updated 2008/09/09)
« Reply #16 on: 2008 September 09, 11:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Sim decided to eat at the bar. He placed his plate on the Left side of the bar, then sat down in the chair on the Right. Every time he took a bite of his sandwich, it would disappear off of his plate and appear in his hand, then it would reappear again on the plate on the Left side.
Thanks for reporting this bug, I forgot to reassign the slot id for one side of the bar. Actually this bug affected all 3 base game bars fixed by this mod, not just Value bar. Fixed in the new version. New version also fixes the missing tabletop sound for Art Nouveau bar and Expensive bar.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 January 26, 20:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I did get to set it up to test.

(1) Only assigned employee bartender will earn $16 twice every hour. Family memebers are ok.
(2) The price of a drink ($15) is not deducted from the customer's family fund.
(3) When a plate of drinks is made and put on the bar, and a customer picks up a glass, $0 signs go up on both the bartender and the customer's heads.

I wonder if the $0 can be changed to something like $10.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 January 28, 10:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I made a fix for this somewhere, but either it's already in Restaurantbarfixes, or Fat Gwilly People haven't asked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 January 29, 12:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Restaurantbarfix in with my test, so no. Can I test the shiny?

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 January 29, 19:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If not, by all means;
* Gwill puts on tutu and jumps up and down
Shiny!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: