More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 10:36:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Hit Break Point Primitive Object Error?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hit Break Point Primitive Object Error?  (Read 11525 times)
pseudonymph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Hit Break Point Primitive Object Error?
« on: 2008 July 18, 21:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I've been having a problem for the past week with the serving platter, but before I get into that, here's some basic info:

I have every EP up to FT installed, with the latest patch. Also, I ran the Hack Conflict Utility tool with results of no hack conflict. Okay, usually this problem occurs with a visiting (custom) townie after one of my resident sims serves "Instant Meals" and uses the "Call to Meal" function. I haven't noticed this problem really occurring with my resident sims, but here's what happens:

A few people on the lot will get a drink from the serving platter, and then a townie will pick up ALL the drinks sans serving platter.

Example Picture:

After this happens, when I point one of my resident sims to "clean up" the serving platter, she cannot pick the object up. I even try to delete it and cannot (I went to the Sims2Wiki page about not being able to delete objects, and the fix didn't work for me; guess it's not that simple.)

Here is the serving platter:

I did the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true command to generate an object error log, and I have it at the end of this post. You will see that it says something about Hit Break Point Primitive. Is this a serious error?

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to go through it and help me with a fix because it's really starting to effin irk me.

(Note: Yes, in the screens, I have default replacements for both drinks and dinnerware, but I have since removed both of these things, and it STILL happens with the "Instant Meals," so I'm quite sure it's not those other things.)

OBJECT ERROR LOG:

Build: 1.13.0.155

at May  1 2008,22:26:42

Object id: 475

name: Food Dish - Serving Platter

Stack size: 4

Error: Hit Break Point Primitive.

Iterations: 7

Frame 3:

Stack Object id: 475

Stack Object name: Food Dish - Serving Platter

Node: 0

Tree: id 732 name 'CT - Object Error' version -32761

from global

Prim state: 0

Params:    Locals:

Frame 2:

Stack Object id: 0

Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0

from

Prim state: 1

Frame 1:

Tree: id 280 name 'Idle' version 2

from global

Params: 20000    Locals:

Frame 0:

Node: 1

Tree: id 8192 name 'Function - Main' version -32753

from FoodDish_Globals

I guess I posted the right part of the log? I didn't post anything beyond "Global Simulator Variables" because the whole file is just too big, but in case anyone wants to look at it, I have uploaded it HERE.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 18, 21:13:50 by pseudonymph » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Hit Break Point Primitive Object Error?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 18, 21:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the standard error log you get when you force an error on an object; it doesn't usually tell anything about why the object is borked.  I'm not familiar with what the wiki says, but turning 'moveobjects on' in the cheat box usually lets you delete stuck plates and the like.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
pseudonymph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 18, 21:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, okay. Well, yes, I tried the moveobjects on/delete thing, and I could not do it that way. Afterward, I enabled the testingcheats and forced an error, and that's what they gave me. The whole log file is huge; I wish I could just copy and paste it, but there's a limit.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 18, 22:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buy a cheap dining table, place the plate on it and delete the table with the plate on it using moveobjects on.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 18, 23:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Place the plate on the ground and use the Stuck Object Remover on it? 

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
pseudonymph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 19, 01:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the help, but these all seem like quick fixes, and the problem reoccurs, so I am pretty much looking for a permanent fix. I think the problem started on the 15th, when I was trying to figure out how to stop TVs from "breaking," so I asked someone, and they suggested I do boolprop testingcheatsenabled to "fix" broken TVs. I believe the problem started after that. First with the TV, and then I started getting issues with the serving platter. *le sigh* I am really trying to avoid a re-install here...so tedious.

BTW, where can I get the Stuck Object Remover?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 19, 02:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stuck object remover is part of the Awesomeware hacks found a few forums down. Also, the odds are that it's a bad hack or mod causing the problem -- I'd suspect some other hack related to refrigerators perhaps, since you said you removed the ones that change the dinnerware and cans. Could also be a hack conflict, so you should go to www.simwardrobe.com and get the Hack Conflict Detection Utility (HCDU), a very valuable tool to have if you're going to put custom content and hacks in your game.

If no conflicts show up, then you should remove all your CC, and see if the problem still exists.  If it does, you'll probably have to reinstall something.  If it doesn't, then you know a hack/mod/other cc is causing the issue, and you should do a binary search to narrow down the culprit.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
pseudonymph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 19, 02:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. I will check out the Awesomeware hacks, as well as the Lot Debugger if it's not already included.

I have tested WITHOUT hacks recently, and while I haven't seen sims pick up the whole case of cans, there has been an instance of them not being able to clean up the serving platter still.

Before taking out my hacks, I ran the Hack Conflict Utility and nothing popped up.

I am thinking about just doing a reinstall....I hate to, but this thing is giving me more of a headache than a fresh reinstall probably would.

However, I have some houses that I spent days decorating that I would like to save, 2 in particular, but I am scared that if I do, i might be saving borked lots since I have no clue WTF is causing this issue really.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: