More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 11:08:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Resized Seasons Adventurer Career Reward - table-deco size (Updated 2008/05/27)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Resized Seasons Adventurer Career Reward - table-deco size (Updated 2008/05/27)  (Read 12654 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Resized Seasons Adventurer Career Reward - table-deco size (Updated 2008/05/27)
« on: 2008 July 18, 14:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seasons Tiki Statue sculpture comes in two sizes, one big ("Tiki Idol") and one table-deco sized ("Little Tiki Idol").
Apparently, EAxis seems to believe that what every Simmer needs is yet another useless big statue to clutter up buy mode catalog. So they used the bigger mesh for Seasons Adventurer career reward.

This is mesh replacement for "Golden Skull of Jumbok IV", Seasons Adventurer career reward. It now uses smaller version of the same mesh for "Little Tiki Idol".
Now this golden tiki statue makes a nice table deco, instead of being a big ugly thing that doesn't fit in anywhere.
It doesn't prevent eating when placed on the dining table. It can be placed on decorative slots like mantel or low dressers.
As this fix affects only appearance of the reward, it does not affect motive boost function in any way. The resized reward will continue to work as a motive booster.

The first time you put tiki reward on a lot, the golden glow effect will hover above resized tiki reward. Enter Buy Mode and return to Live Mode to get rid of glow effect.

Recolors featured in the screenshot can be downloaded here.

2008-05-27: Updated to v1.0a. A minor update to adjust placement setting a bit. Sims will no longer walk through the statue when it's placed on the ground. You may have to Force Error (shift-click on the tiki reward with debug mode on) and Reset (NOT Delete - you'll lose your tiki reward) for it to pick up the change.

Installation:

Place in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
 (Or in a subfolder of Downloads folder.)

Changelog:

v1.0: Initial release.
 v1.0a: A minor update to adjust placement setting a bit. Sims will no longer walk through the statue when it's placed on the ground. (2008/05/27)

* LdDarcy_CareerRewardTikiMeshResized.zip (31.66 KB - downloaded 1054 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 October 14, 11:27:44 by Lord Darcy » Logged

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Resized Seasons Adventurer Career Reward - table-deco size (Updated 2008/05/
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 18, 15:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<squeals exactly like Bobby Hill>

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Resized Seasons Adventurer Career Reward - table-deco size (Updated 2008/05/
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 18, 16:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The adventurer statue HAS to be huge. Do you have any idea how powerful that item is and how enormously abusable it would become if it were SMALL?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 18, 17:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The adventurer statue HAS to be huge. Do you have any idea how powerful that item is and how enormously abusable it would become if it were SMALL?
Point taken. That will explain why the snapdragon comes with such a big, ugly mesh too.

Without mesh replacement, however, Tiki Reward will probably never leave Sim's career reward panel in my game anyway. Unless I'm playing a Castaway-themed hood, or perhaps an occultist Sim who owns a Tiki Shrine at home, that is. I used to hide it behind furniture or inside chimney all the time.

Edited for typo.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 18, 20:55:27 by Lord Darcy » Logged

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 18, 17:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here i always thought the itty-bitty-teeny-tiny Journalism reward was just as powerful.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 18, 17:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here i always thought the itty-bitty-teeny-tiny Journalism reward was just as powerful.
But then the Range of Tiki Reward is considerably larger than Journalism reward.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: